What's new

How well does the Utah local media know about this Jazzfanz website?

From SLC Dunk

At least with these bigger, more organized blogs we can have our voice. It will never be a unified voice. But it is a place where our collective voices can be expressed. This place is for the fans, but it's a place both the players handlers and owners subordinates both keep tabs on. I know for sure as I've had legit media email me, I've had players' agents email me, and I've had official Jazz people DM and email me. Heck, the OWNER of the team has DMed me about something I wrote at SLC Dunk before.

Lets be honest here: Jazzfanz > SLC Dunk.

I wonder if the Jazz FO has preferred posters :)

Who wouldn't like George??

-George

Also, FWIW, Daryl Morey went on reddit and mentioned that he visits clutch fans (LOLOLOL) from time to time.

Jason is actually related to the Millers. I won't give away how, but Larry persinally asked him to do some polls on here before to get some feedback on things.

The organization follows the board closely and many employees used to post. One particular employee (InsideJazzMan) leaked too many big time rumors and news items so Randy Rigby sent a memo out to employees to curb their posting or do so anonymously (like freak).

Larry Miller owned the board, but gave full ownership to Jason a year or two before he died if I remember correctly. So your instincts about it being tied to the jazz organization were correct. But I don't think they're officially linked anymore.

As for media, I know Ben Bagley had an account here ans I also know one of the 1280 guys posts infrequently (currently less than 225 total posts).

Probably all true but it just goes to show how little they give a damn about what fans think.

How many threads were created for us to trade boozer? How many criticized raja or matty? How many threads against cj miles? Ak? Who saw the duron trade coming? How many pro burks, kanter, Hayward, and favors? How many times did we rip out our own hair watching Howard allllllll last year steal time away from our young players? Do we pass one day not criticizing Ty Corbin?

If we carried any weight then Booz and ak would have been traded long ago. Matty and raja would have been taken out back. Memo? For Sammy d, a defensively minded center. Jeffersuck would have been traded a year ago. Ty would be working at McDonald's or posing for king Krupa for Nintendo. Favors would be in his second year of starting. Kanter and burks would be getting 25 plus. Earl and tinsley would be on the bench. I could go on and on...

Probably all true but it just goes to show how little they give a damn about what fans think.

How many threads were created for us to trade boozer? How many criticized raja or matty? How many threads against cj miles? Ak? Who saw the duron trade coming? How many pro burks, kanter, Hayward, and favors? How many times did we rip out our own hair watching Howard allllllll last year steal time away from our young players? Do we pass one day not criticizing Ty Corbin?

If we carried any weight then Booz and ak would have been traded long ago. Matty and raja would have been taken out back. Memo? For Sammy d, a defensively minded center. Jeffersuck would have been traded a year ago. Ty would be working at McDonald's or posing for king Krupa for Nintendo. Favors would be in his second year of starting. Kanter and burks would be getting 25 plus. Earl and tinsley would be on the bench. I could go on and on...

They probably keep tabs on this site more to see that their employees aren't leaking info, and that their ship is tight. They might float ideas out there, or leak info to gauge some fan reaction.

Maybe they just get away from your ideas. LOL Sorry couldn't resist.

Wow! Jeremy Evans at point would be awesome! They could say no one is allowed on the court that's under 6'9". Also, no dribbling is allowed; only passes. ;)

And every pass he made would be him leaping 5 feet into the air and throwing down to his team mate.

I know for a fact that the Jazz organization follows Jazzfanz in some round-about way, let me explain. About 7 years back I was just a lurker on the board and around this same time, I was a fishing fanatic with my buddy. One afternoon while fishing, my buddy tells me about his girlfriend's chance interaction with Kirilenko at her bank - this was during the '06 playoffs when we played the Spurs in the WCF. If I remember correctly, Kirilenko came in to either withdraw money or convert dollars to euros because as he put it "We have a flight straight to France tomorrow after we lose to San Antonio."

So young me, hear's this story and puts it up on JazzFanz as the first ever post by larryselbows. People on the board sort of scoffed at it, understandably, and for some reason that I still don't fully understand, some thought I was an alt account by DuckRogers, although they said my writing style was too intelligent and that I was probably too handsome to be Duck. Anyway that was a long time ago.

So the next day, I'm watching the Jazz game and in the 4th quarter, the jazz are going to lose. I watch as Deron Williams throws a fit and after the game says that certain players "were already on vacation" before the series was over.

I thought maybe this was a coincidence, but then about six months later I run into my friend at a night club in SLC and she's telling me the same story but there's a twist. About a week after the game she was told by her boss that the Utah Jazz called and asked if any of their employees post on an internet site about the Jazz players' transactions at their bank. Everyone in the bank was questioned and no one said that they did, so they concluded that another customer must have over heard the conversation and posted it on the internet. My friend seemed really annoyed by the whole situation so I never told her it was me :)

I believe it because I have a hard time believing that players are really disciplined and not self absorbed and dont want to read about themselves. If you were a player, wouldn't you want to see what people are saying? Maybe in Al's case he has read a bunch but then had to quit because of all the negativity. Especially with smart phones these days. You are always one short search away from knowing..

Also, everytime I listen to sports radio around here, the discussion sounds exactly like Jazzfanz.

Its a small world with the internet and people are curious.

I know for a fact that the Jazz organization follows Jazzfanz in some round-about way, let me explain. About 7 years back I was just a lurker on the board and around this same time, I was a fishing fanatic with my buddy. One afternoon while fishing, my buddy tells me about his girlfriend's chance interaction with Kirilenko at her bank - this was during the '06 playoffs when we played the Spurs in the WCF. If I remember correctly, Kirilenko came in to either withdraw money or convert dollars to euros because as he put it "We have a flight straight to France tomorrow after we lose to San Antonio."

So young me, hear's this story and puts it up on JazzFanz as the first ever post by larryselbows. People on the board sort of scoffed at it, understandably, and for some reason that I still don't fully understand, some thought I was an alt account by DuckRogers, although they said my writing style was too intelligent and that I was probably too handsome to be Duck. Anyway that was a long time ago.

So the next day, I'm watching the Jazz game and in the 4th quarter, the jazz are going to lose. I watch as Deron Williams throws a fit and after the game says that certain players "were already on vacation" before the series was over.

I thought maybe this was a coincidence, but then about six months later I run into my friend at a night club in SLC and she's telling me the same story but there's a twist. About a week after the game she was told by her boss that the Utah Jazz called and asked if any of their employees post on an internet site about the Jazz players' transactions at their bank. Everyone in the bank was questioned and no one said that they did, so they concluded that another customer must have over heard the conversation and posted it on the internet. My friend seemed really annoyed by the whole situation so I never told her it was me :)
I remember that news coming out in the media and being discussed here. I didn't realize it was you that scooped the story.
IMO, it was a real turning point for AK. Until that point, I think the relationship with Deron and AK could have been fixed. After that incident, it was history. And wasn't there another time (or maybe it was the same season) he had the fly to San Francisco in between playoff games due to "visa problems?" IIRC, it was to get a travel visa and had nothing to do with his visa to stay in the U.S., which is what he had led the team to believe.

You sounded good until you brought up Dalembert. He is/was awful and you would have been crazy to trade Boozer/Memo/AK for him.

People who like Dalembert have never seen him play.

At a business lunch two years ago, I mentioned this site with three Jazz execs. They had never heard of it. Back at their office, I logged on with them and they spent an hour laughing at some of the threads and comments. They called Rigby in to look at it. They are not good actors. They treated it as yet another manifestation of delusional Lazy-boy coaches. I doubt they ever thought about it again.

At a business lunch two years ago, I mentioned this site with three Jazz execs. They had never heard of it. Back at their office, I logged on with them and they spent an hour laughing at some of the threads and comments. They called Rigby in to look at it. They are not good actors. They treated it as yet another manifestation of delusional Lazy-boy coaches. I doubt they ever thought about it again.

B.S.

Corbin has implemented nearly every offensive suggestion I have given here within one game.

Try high-low w/ JeffySap. Next game check.

Try Sap bearing down on Jeffyball. Next game check (within hours).

Try more ball reversal into Jeffyball. Check check check.

Try Jeffyball passes from Foye further down the baseline. Immediately implemented.

Run more options like Sloan did with D-Will (even though the team isn't really capable) before going into bailout Jeffypost, as scramble will make Jeffyball more effective. Check.

During his rookie season Hayward was getting into the lane but always stopping 13 feet from the basket and passing the ball backwards to the 3pt line. Sometimes he was open but it looked like he had predetermined that he would pass it. I wrote here that he should take one more step towards the basket and then pass it back to create more separation of the defense and not to predetermine what he was going to do before hand. And his game shortly thereafter changed. I like to tell myself that someone read it and told him the same advice. I'm pretty sure that wasn't the case but I like to think it was and that's that.

Ben Bagley has used stories/ideas from posts here on several occasions. This was years ago though, when I used to listen to Locked on Sports daily.

The BYU beat writers are always on their message boards on their phones/computers when you sit behind them at games. I really doubt it's much different with the Jazz.

B.S.

Corbin has implemented nearly every offensive suggestion I have given here within one game.

Try high-low w/ JeffySap. Next game check.

Try Sap bearing down on Jeffyball. Next game check (within hours).

Try more ball reversal into Jeffyball. Check check check.

Try Jeffyball passes from Foye further down the baseline. Immediately implemented.

Run more options like Sloan did with D-Will (even though the team isn't really capable) before going into bailout Jeffypost, as scramble will make Jeffyball more effective. Check.

Pos repped for your snazzy check boxes.

You sounded good until you brought up Dalembert. He is/was awful and you would have been crazy to trade Boozer/Memo/AK for him.

People who like Dalembert have never seen him play.

For one, I never said all the ideas were good. Secondly, they weren't my ideas. Had you been on this board 07-10 you would have seen at least 5 threads per month on trading money memo for a "defensive" center. Sammy d's name was constantly brought up.

The BYU beat writers are always on their message boards on their phones/computers when you sit behind them at games. I really doubt it's much different with the Jazz.

Then why don't they EVER ask Corbin some of the issues brought up during games here? Like ohh I don't know start favors? Why keep playing earl?

Then why don't they EVER ask Corbin some of the issues brought up during games here? Like ohh I don't know start favors? Why keep playing earl?

Maybe because they already know 95% of the crap people post about here but real life isn't as easy as making a clever post on a message board.

Another funny thing is that the group of "I hate the Jazz and pretty much everything they do but continue to be a 'fan' " people, really think that they are what most Jazz fans feel and think. It couldnt possibly be that a ton of actual Jazz fans come here to get on a message board about their favorite team and then after a day leave since mostly what they see is that their team is horrible, players suck, coach is dumb, owner is crap...so yeah, its sort of obvious that on this forum there is a much much bigger population of negative "Im not negative, Im just not a homer" people who dislike anything the organization does. They all like to post their dislike of things and pat each other on the back and agree with each other.. I would assume tons of positive (homer) fans come here once and dont come back. I enjoy the fight however and do see the bad side of the team also. I just dont see everything they do as bad.

I have no doubt that the Jazz and the media check this site out. Since they do, I want some damn hook ups for sticking up for you guys so much even when you cant smell poop with your face in it..hook me up.

Just wanted to post and see if I moved off my Rep Power of 7, since I now have 7 positive reps in a row. Here is what Jason Scherbel told me about reps:

Rep power is a calculation. You can find a few threads in the Site Feedback area that indicate how it's calculated but 4 reps don't necessarily mean you'll increase 4 points on rep power. It's all factored in. :)

What ever the all factored in is I don't know, but it seems if I get a negative it registers immediately.