What's new

How you become a Jazz fan?

Grew up in Detroit and was a fan of the Pistons throughout the 80's culminating with the double championship winning Bad Boys. Went to a lot of games including playoff finals against the almighty Lakers in 1988.

That same spring the Jazz took the Lakers to game 7 in the Western conference semi-finals, also in 1988. I had my first exposure to Karl Malone and John Stockton, as I was in school at Western State College in Colorado and we watched all of the games on T.V. with my bros. It was a hell of a series and a coming out party for Karl Malone.

That fall I transferred to the University of Utah and I have been a fan ever since. Got to see game 4 of the finals in 1997, Where we crushed the Bulls and Phil Jackson complained about how loud the Delta Center was. CRAZY loud. Then in 1998 I had great seats for game 6 of the finals where Jordan made "the shot" over Bryon Russell. Rodman ripped off his shirt after the shot right in front of me and some dude threw a big gulp drink at him and it exploded all over him. Rodman loved it and went berserk.

I don't worry too much if we win or lose as long as I see good effort and a path towards a goal. 2007 was really fun and I have actually loved the rebuilding efforts since losing D-will. I'm convinced that we are on a really solid track with this latest rebuild.

Jazz fans are the loudest on earth and really knowledgeable; coupled with a stellar run through the 90's and part of the 2000's, that makes for a lot of incredible games over the years.

Grew up in Detroit and was a fan of the Pistons throughout the 80's culminating with the double championship winning Bad Boys. Went to a lot of games including playoff finals against the almighty Lakers in 1988.

That same spring the Jazz took the Lakers to game 7 in the Western conference semi-finals, also in 1988. I had my first exposure to Karl Malone and John Stockton, as I was in school at Western State College in Colorado and we watched all of the games on T.V. with my bros. It was a hell of a series and a coming out party for Karl Malone.

That fall I transferred to the University of Utah and I have been a fan ever since. Got to see game 4 of the finals in 1997, Where we crushed the Bulls and Phil Jackson complained about how loud the Delta Center was. CRAZY loud. Then in 1998 I had great seats for game 6 of the finals where Jordan made "the shot" over Bryon Russell. Rodman ripped off his shirt after the shot right in front of me and some dude threw a big gulp drink at him and it exploded all over him. Rodman loved it and went berserk.

I don't worry too much if we win or lose as long as I see good effort and a path towards a goal. 2007 was really fun and I have actually loved the rebuilding efforts since losing D-will. I'm convinced that we are on a really solid track with this latest rebuild.

Jazz fans are the loudest on earth and really knowledgeable; coupled with a stellar run through the 90's and part of the 2000's, that makes for a lot of incredible games over the years.

growing up in detroit? you must have interesting childhood lol

Sent from the JazzFanz app

Great post
Basically Stockton and Malone are the **** and jazzfanz/saltpalace/deltacenter/energysolutionsarena are the **** too

I used to always play with the Jazz with a DOS game called 'Lakers vs Celtics'.. and Mark Eaton was a defensive beast.. and of course there was always Stockton to Malone.

Born and raised in Utah. Started watching when I was in the third grade. Still watching today.

Sent from the JazzFanz app

Great post
Basically Stockton and Malone are the **** and jazzfanz/saltpalace/deltacenter/energysolutionsarena are the **** too

I never went to a Jazz Game at the Salt Palace. I went to a Monster Truck Rally doe. I was all about Bigfoot when I was a little one. I was there at this one.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y57X2OHCc2g

Man, I miss the 99-2000 year I believe that's when we had Starks and Donyell and we introduced the blackalternates wasn't it? I was SO HYPED when we got Starks mainly because of who he used to be in NY. Once I got onto NBA I was always on the computer Researching stuff. Im glad my parents were lenient on what I was allowed to do.

Man, I miss the 99-2000 year I believe that's when we had Starks and Donyell and we introduced the blackalternates wasn't it? I was SO HYPED when we got Starks mainly because of who he used to be in NY. Once I got onto NBA I was always on the computer Researching stuff. Im glad my parents were lenient on what I was allowed to do.

Too bad Starks was about 3 years past his prime when Utah got him.

There is this app that plays all kind of music. I am into funky jazz hits now. Pretty amazing. Watching whiplash and hearing its tunes might got me going. I put the phone in a horizontal shaped jar so it triples the volume level.

Then My dad took me to see the Bulls play the Jazz. He was going to make me a jazz fan. He talked **** on Jordan all night and talked up Malone. Jazz won in 3OT. At the end of the night Jeff Malone was my favorite player. lol

I saw that game live, too. Jeff Malone seemed to be one of the only ones who could dribble switching hands behind his back for a jump shot. He was the only one who could shoot the ball consistently and was my favorite player too for a time.

being a jazzfan is like preferring batman over superman. You dont have any super abilities, thats why you gotta work your *** hard to be a contender
(i guess spurs or lakers could refer to superman)

I credit this forum for the most part. I was pretty stupid growing up trying to get into many teams besides the Jazz. Then I decided to watch some games, they sucked but I was able to watch all the games. Then I came to this forum in the off season and saw the draft threads and got EXTREMELY into it. And that's when you'll see me most on the forums. During the off season, talkin draft and trades. Love it. Can't get enough.

I was a hardcore Celtics fan. So much so that me and a buddy kidnapped the Jazz' best player to assure a championship for Boston. After a series of shenanigans and life lessons, we became best friends with that player. We learned the errors of our ways and have been Jazz fans ever since.

Only show in town, until RSL. Me, my dad, brother, uncle and his oldest would get together almost every night they played to watch John and Karl. Time well spent.

I was a hardcore Celtics fan. So much so that me and a buddy kidnapped the Jazz' best player to assure a championship for Boston. After a series of shenanigans and life lessons, we became best friends with that player. We learned the errors of our ways and have been Jazz fans ever since.
I've seen your movie! Small world.

My Dad got a job with the Delta Center whem it first opened. That's when I moved to Utah 22 years ago and fell in love with the jazz.