What's new

Howard and CP3 trying to team up

mellow

Chris Broussard @Chris_Broussard about 28 minutes ago
Sources: CP3 & D12 hope to team up next season. Have been texting back & forth to figure it out. Story up soon on espn.com

Andrew Sharp @andrewsharp about 18 minutes ago
If Chris Paul was getting frustrated with Blake Griffin's maturity, boy oh boy, he's gonna LOVE Dwight Howard

Please, make it happen. The combined powers of the overhyped coach killers would be must watch TV.

We could make bets on who would go first, Jason Kidd or whoever is unlucky enough to coach these two.

Chris Broussard @Chris_Broussard about 28 minutes ago
Sources: CP3 & D12 hope to team up next season. Have been texting back & forth to figure it out. Story up soon on espn.com

Andrew Sharp @andrewsharp about 18 minutes ago
If Chris Paul was getting frustrated with Blake Griffin's maturity, boy oh boy, he's gonna LOVE Dwight Howard

Please, make it happen. The combined powers of the overhyped coach killers would be must watch TV.

We could make bets on who would go first, Jason Kidd or whoever is unlucky enough to coach these two.

I see what team they could realistically end up at. Orlando is out. Cleveland would be tough with Irving already there. Utah would actually make some sense.

This.

Prediction: CP3 has one or two good years left before his body deteriorates to the point of no return. Dwight continues to act like a 14 year old girl. Whatever team these two end up on is a disaster.

I heard that Houston was going to make a hard, hard push at landing both. Can you imagine Paul, Howard and Harden together? If they can mesh together than that is a elite combo. That is Heat, Spurs trio level good.

I'll gladly take Asik off Houston's hands to clear enough salary, but no way HOU goes low enough for both and Harden.

Atlanta has only about $20mm committed and can give both them the max right after snt Teague for another asset. Dwight-Horford would be the best front court in the league, and would pound the hell out of Miami Heat.

Will have to be Atlanta or Houston. There's not a chance in hell either would consider playing in Utar. Might be different had either played for Kentucky. Then PKM could use his influence.

Can they both end up on one of the LA teams if the other does a sign-and-trade? Of course, if I were the Clippers or Lakers, I wouldn't accommodate the trade if I'm not the beneficiary.

Steve Kyler @stevekylerNBA Sources also say that the field for Howard's free agency has widened considerably... Houston, Dallas, Atlanta, San Antonio, LA and Brooklyn

Sorry Utah fans.

I can't help but think if the Elton Brand fiasco of a few seasons ago. He told his buddy, I think it was Baron Davis,( or was it Magette?) that they were going to team up on the Clippers. But after the buddy signed, Brand changed his mind and skipped off to steal several million from Philly.

Dwight is going to do it to Paul.
=============================================

A Houston writer tried to come up with a scenario where Rockets kept Harden and landed Paul & Howard. He couldn't make it work. Even if they were able to trade all of their other players and commitments and sign Paul Howard to two max deals they couldn't even fill a roster with minimums.

The new CBA just doesn't allow 3 max players, why do we think OKC traded Harden in the first place? Houston can get one of them and maybe Josh Smith for about 12 million (I doubt Smith would accept less) They end up like OKC's salary structure Max, Max, 10 Mill, 8 Million, etc....

Can they both end up on one of the LA teams if the other does a sign-and-trade? Of course, if I were the Clippers or Lakers, I wouldn't accommodate the trade if I'm not the beneficiary.
Good observation. There's a solid rumor floating around LA that would involve Howard in a S&T moving to the Clippers, with the Lakers getting Griffin and Bledsoe. To me, this sounds like the most plausible idea. CP3 and Howard get their MAX deals and Griffin, who has grumbled about being a Clipper, dons the purple and gold. And the Clippers can't afford Bledsoe if CP3 stays.

^Personally, I think the Clippers get robbed in the deal. With the way Howard left Orlando and his constant whining with the Lakers, I wouldn't want that cancer on my team. CP3 is a great PG, but he's also a prima donna. Lakers can then move Gasol to the 5 - unless they can find a trade partner and play him alongside Griffin, with Bledsoe taking minutes from an aging and rapidly declining Nash. In fact, if the deal goes down, I wouldn't be surprised to see the Lakers just try to dump Nash to save on the luxury tax.

Will have to be Atlanta or Houston. There's not a chance in hell either would consider playing in Utar. Might be different had either played for Kentucky. Then PKM could use his influence.

I actually think the best landing spot is Dallas. They can clear everyone off their books but Dirk pretty much, who has said he'll take less money next contract in order to chase a second ring. Then next season ask Paul Pierce to take $5mm and Dirk $10 (two years each) then fill in with a few vet minimum ring chasers. If it doesn't work out then CP3 and Dwight rebuild as quick as any team.

A Houston writer tried to come up with a scenario where Rockets kept Harden and landed Paul & Howard. He couldn't make it work. Even if they were able to trade all of their other players and commitments and sign Paul Howard to two max deals they couldn't even fill a roster with minimums.

The new CBA just doesn't allow 3 max players, why do we think OKC traded Harden in the first place? Houston can get one of them and maybe Josh Smith for about 12 million (I doubt Smith would accept less) They end up like OKC's salary structure Max, Max, 10 Mill, 8 Million, etc....

You can always fill up with vet minimum contracts. In fact, they would be required to do so.

If cp3 didnt like griffin's work ethic and lack of post moves then he is REALLY going to despise Dwight Howard.

As a jazz fan, I hope this happens. I have no idea why anyone thinks that having a completely offensively inept center who is used as a essentially the other team's best defender (by bricking free throws) in the 4th qtr is a good thing. Besides, he is hardly the defender he once was and his body is breaking down.

So go ahead. Go to Houston. Fight over the ball. Get mcHale fired in another year or two. And go be swept out of the first round by San Antonio.

Things keep getting worse for cp3. He leaves David west, one of the best pros in the game. Goes for mr Kia. Hates him. And is now trying to teamup with one of the biggest *** clowns I've ever seen in pro sports.

If cp3 is serious about winning he has a funny way of showing it. If I were him and was serious about winning, I'd take a pay cut and join a team like Indy. He'd immediately compete for a title without riding on someone's coattails.

Things keep getting worse for cp3. He leaves David west, one of the best pros in the game. Goes for mr Kia. Hates him. And is now trying to teamup with one of the biggest *** clowns I've ever seen in pro sports.

If cp3 is serious about winning he has a funny way of showing it. If I were him and was serious about winning, I'd take a pay cut and join a team like Indy. He'd immediately compete for a title without riding on someone's coattails.

I'm pretty sure David West had already left by the time he was traded... but good points nonetheless.

If he was serious about winning, he'd just sign with Utah, fake an injury this year, and come back next year when we have Jabari Parker.

But that's just a smart way of looking at it, should of stayed in school, Chris!

Once again I have the answer. The NBA should go to 3-on-3, 9 man rosters. If the NBA is a stars league why do we need 5 players on the floor when at least two of them are just going to be used to spread the floor (stand out on the perimeter and stay out the way while hopefully pulling one of the defenders out of the way with them)? Give the stars room to shine, concentrate NBA talent, speed up the game and give players room to create.

No one's with me on this, but I'm right.

Once again I have the answer. The NBA should go to 3-on-3, 9 man rosters. If the NBA is a stars league why do we need 5 players on the floor when at least two of them are just going to be used to spread the floor (stand out on the perimeter and stay out the way while hopefully pulling one of the defenders out of the way with them)? Give the stars room to shine, concentrate NBA talent, speed up the game and give players room to create.

No one's with me on this, but I'm right.

I wouldn't say I'm with ya on this, but I would definately be interested in this idea