What's new

Howard hypothetical

Darkwing Duck

If Orlando would accept Jefferson, Millsap, GSW pick, another Jazz #1, and a couple second round picks for just Howard (no bad contracts), would you do it? This is with the knowledge that you'd expect Howard to sign with Dallas next off season. Jazz lose draft assets, but get one year of possible contention (in more ways than one) and no change in team's financial outlook next off season. In fact, the financial situation will likely be better as Howard will likely sign more quickly than Millsap or Jefferson, releasing his cap hold and giving the Jazz the cap room much more quickly.

Is Howard worth that one year?

If Orlando would accept Jefferson, Millsap, GSW pick, another Jazz #1, and a couple second round picks for just Howard (no bad contracts), would you do it? This is with the knowledge that you'd expect Howard to sign with Dallas next off season. Jazz lose draft assets, but get one year of possible contention (in more ways than one) and no change in team's financial outlook next off season. In fact, the financial situation will likely be better as Howard will likely sign more quickly than Millsap or Jefferson, releasing his cap hold and giving the Jazz the cap room much more quickly.

Is Howard worth that one year?

You're a f***ing idiot.

No.

No, no, no.

Oh my god, no.

Holy crap.

I can't no hard enough.

No, no, no.

I would be down for Jefferson for Howard straight up.

I would consider it for Jefferson and three picks, two second rounders and a future first. If Orlando wants the GSW pick then I would make hem throw in a first as well top 5 protected.

I'm not convinced he would ever play here, even for half a season. He's buddies with Deron.

I'm not convinced he would ever play here, even for half a season. He's buddies with Deron.

You think he'd give up $19 million, plus pay a load of fines, just so he wouldn't have to play here? If we trade for him, he doesn't really have a choice. It's either play for us and get paid, or refuse to play and say goodbye to his salary and he'd probably get hit with fines on top of that.

I wouldn't do this trade this year. If the young guys had a couple more years of experience and getting Howard for a year would make the Jazz legitimate contenders that year, I'd go for it.

I'd even give up more. I think the Jazz could make a very strong pitch to keep Dwight next summer and if not his value in a S&T would be significant. So, line him up with our current young guys and see how far it takes you IMHO.

Of course, that's assuming he'll be healthy for a large portion of the year. If the team doctors don't like what they see the deal is off.

I'd even give up more. I think the Jazz could make a very strong pitch to keep Dwight next summer and if not his value in a S&T would be significant. So, line him up with our current young guys and see how far it takes you IMHO.

Of course, that's assuming he'll be healthy for a large portion of the year. If the team doctors don't like what they see the deal is off.

My only problem with this is that Howard's camp has been telling Houston that if they trade for Dwight he'll sign with Dallas after the season. For as obnoxious as the D-Will situation could have been due to the uncertainty, there doesn't seem to be any uncertainty here. After the debacle Howard's situation has turned into, I don't think he's bluffing. If he doesn't go to the Nets or Lakers via trade this year, I'm sure he'll end up in Dallas.

Well, he can say what he likes. He'd be looking at signing in Dallas with an over the hill Dirk and not much else or signing in Utah with Favors, Kanter, Hayward, and Burks.

Maybe he still likes Dallas better. Maybe not. I guess if they can talk CP3 into coming there with Dwight to join Dirk that becomes appealing. But, that's a pretty big if to pull CP3 out of LaLa land.

I guess I'm more of a risk taker than you folks. I'd do this deal without blinking twice.

You think he'd give up $19 million, plus pay a load of fines, just so he wouldn't have to play here? If we trade for him, he doesn't really have a choice. It's either play for us and get paid, or refuse to play and say goodbye to his salary and he'd probably get hit with fines on top of that.
Two words; Harper, Seikaly.

Of course he'd re-sign with Utah. We'd have his rights and can pay him more than any other team. KOC is an idiot. Deron was a lock to re-sign with the Jazz for $30M cool reasons. And with Deron signed, the Jazz could then have gotten Howard next season for nothing. Why make a trade when he would have come to Utah as an UFA. KOC just didn't have the cajones to see what was right in front of him. Jazz would have dominated the NBA for the next 10 years.

*Well, that was weird. I was meditating and seem to have channeled KOCBegone and Borat.

Of course he'd re-sign with Utah. We'd have his rights and can pay him more than any other team. KOC is an idiot. Deron was a lock to re-sign with the Jazz for $30M cool reasons. And with Deron signed, the Jazz could then have gotten Howard next season for nothing. Why make a trade when he would have come to Utah as an UFA. KOC just didn't have the cajones to see what was right in front of him. Jazz would have dominated the NBA for the next 10 years.

Is that you borat?