What's new

I <3 Racism

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bet there is a better understanding that some people are going to just drive faster than hell so people are more inclined to get over. Here you can get stuck behind someone in the fast lane going 65 and they will refuse to move thus the weaving through traffic. People over there are expecting people to drive 100. People here are for the most part are expecting people to drive the speed limit or the 10-20% higher not 100.

That's just it, the left most lane is not the fast lane, it's the passing lane. If you're not passing or someone is trying to overtake you you are LEGALLY REQUIRED to get the **** over. If you read the Utah driver handbook you'll see that it specifies that you must moce over, no matter what your speed is, or the speed of the vehicle overtaking you.

Sorry, pet peeve of mine, and you're completely right. If people obeyed the law no one would ever have to weave in and out of traffic. The freeway is like a treadmill, if you're going the same speed as everyone else you're standing still. Any accident would be a 0mph accident.

Archie, do you think tire blow outs are safe at 65 or 75mph? Both are legal speeds on the freeway. Of course, several years ago you would have been lectured for driving 75mph on a rural freeway, now it is the legal speed. But the legal speed is not the safe speed. Driving has inherent risks. If we wanted to be safe we'd either drive 15mph or we wouldn't drive at all. Driving on the freeway is MUCH safer than driving on surface streets or highways, no matter what speed your going.

Again, I paid extra for performance tires that are rated for high speeds. Those tires are terrible in cold weather so I also bought a second set of rims and snow tires (Blizzacks). My car has AWD, 4-wheel independent anti-lock breaks, with upgraded ceramic breaks and performance rotors. Why did I pay a few grand for all that stuff? Because I can't drive 55.

It honestly feels like I'm being slowly beaten to death when I get stuck behind a bunch of ******* (mods when I used the plural of the English word for "cats" it didn't get filtered, fyi) going slower than the speed limit.

If you don't like people who drive fast here's a tip, they make a lane for you. It's called the RIGHT LANE, stay there! If someone is trying to pass you in the left lane do what you are legally required to do, move the **** over! Problem solved. Funny there is already a system in place that would make everything work smoothly and safely even if people want to drive different speeds.

/rant

That's just it, the left most lane is not the fast lane, it's the passing lane. If you're not passing or someone is trying to overtake you you are LEGALLY REQUIRED to get the **** over. If you read the Utah driver handbook you'll see that it specifies that you must moce over, no matter what your speed is, or the speed of the vehicle overtaking you.

Sorry, pet peeve of mine, and you're completely right. If people obeyed the law no one would ever have to weave in and out of traffic. The freeway is like a treadmill, if you're going the same speed as everyone else you're standing still. Any accident would be a 0mph accident.

Archie, do you think tire blow outs are safe at 65 or 75mph? Both are legal speeds on the freeway. Of course, several years ago you would have been lectured for driving 75mph on a rural freeway, now it is the legal speed. But the legal speed is not the safe speed. Driving has inherent risks. If we wanted to be safe we'd either drive 15mph or we wouldn't drive at all. Driving on the freeway is MUCH safer than driving on surface streets or highways, no matter what speed your going.

Again, I paid extra for performance tires that are rated for high speeds. Those tires are terrible in cold weather so I also bought a second set of rims and snow tires (Blizzacks). My car has AWD, 4-wheel independent anti-lock breaks, with upgraded ceramic breaks and performance rotors. Why did I pay a few grand for all that stuff? Because I can't drive 55.

It honestly feels like I'm being slowly beaten to death when I get stuck behind a bunch of ******* (mods when I used the plural of the English word for "cats" it didn't get filtered, fyi) going slower than the speed limit.

If you don't like people who drive fast here's a tip, they make a lane for you. It's called the RIGHT LANE, stay there! If someone is trying to pass you in the left lane do what you are legally required to do, move the **** over! Problem solved. Funny there is already a system in place that would make everything work smoothly and safely even if people want to drive different speeds.

/rant

So because you have high performance tires and a decked out car, it gives you the right to break the law and drive like an idiot? Do you know how many deaths are caused each year because of speeding? I'm not talking about going 10 over or so, I'm talking about people that are way over the posted speed limit. I don't care if it's slow for you, slow down. As safe as you think you are, you're not cause people can't ****ing see you driving so fast. I know people die driving the posted speed limit, but there would be a lot less deaths if people obeyed traffic laws plain and simple. Zero fatalities, it's a goal we can all live with, right?

Gameface--So, so true. I can't stand dumb ****s who cause traffic jams (I live in perhaps the worst state as far as traffic goes too) because they don't know to move out of the left-hand ****ing lane, specifically when a car's coming up behind them. Even my girlfriend does it and I scream at her to move and that people are trying to get by, and she rationalizes it by saying, "I'm driving 75 and am 10 miles per hour over the speed limit," and I try to explain to her that that's not the point and that the left-hand lane is a passing lane, etc., and she just continues driving in her Never Never Land and I sigh.

Archie--yes there are morons who speed and weave excessively, thus causing car accidents. But I'd bet my life that the far, FAR majority of accidents are caused by dumb ***, scared mother ****ers who have less motor skills than a paraplegic and spaz and jerk the car here or there out of fear, thus creating the accidents. My girlfriend sees a truck glide over a little and come near or hit the white lines and she thinks the driver isn't paying attention and is going to come into her lane so she jerks out of the way by a few feet and I go ballistic because she has no idea if there was another driver in the lane she jerked into and could have created an accident unnecessarily because she's spazzing.

I bet there is a better understanding that some people are going to just drive faster than hell so people are more inclined to get over. Here you can get stuck behind someone in the fast lane going 65 and they will refuse to move thus the weaving through traffic. People over there are expecting people to drive 100. People here are for the most part are expecting people to drive the speed limit or the 10-20% higher not 100.

There's also an understanding that as a driver there in Europe, here or anywhere, you should be aware of your surroundings and what other drivers are doing. Here, if you're going 70mph and you see some jerkoff swerving in and out of traffic going 110mph, it's probably your best bet to just keep driving as is and not react. It's the scared dumbasses who panic, blurting out, "Oh my God," and swerve over into another lane (as if they know what the speedy driver is going to do) thus causing the accident.

Why did I pay a few grand for all that stuff? Because I can't drive 55.

...nobody is suggesting or even asking you to drive 55 mph. All we are saying is drive the SPEED LIMIT....whether that be 70 or 75 depending on where you live! If you want to take the chance and go 5 or maybe 9 miles over the speed limit, that's your prerogative as well! But when you go 100 mph, your breaking the law in 50 states and endangering your life and anyone else on the road at the time!!! We don't care what equipment you have on your car! Mistakes made while driving 100 mph....are almost ALWAYS fatal! Mistakes made at 70 are not good either, but less deadly than 100!

I agree with both KOC and Gameface btw, but at the same time, I hope you get my point. Also, people who crazy speed aren't helping themselves or the poor drivers any more than a broken back helps a a gymnast.

Last edited:
I just want to say that 100mph is not my typical speed, but it's not uncommon, either. It is situation dependent and I really do have I-15 all to myself a lot of the time when I'm driving. I'm not advocating people driving 100mph on the freeway regardless of circumstances.

I also didn't bring up all the equipment I have as a way of saying that I paid for the privilege of driving fast, or that having said equipment magically makes unsafe driving safe. Realizing that I'm a "spirited" driver I felt a sense of personal responsibility to do what I could to minimize the risks to myself and others.

What I do want to finish up with is this: I like to drive and I drive with purpose. I focus on my own driving and pay attention to the changing conditions around me. I don't talk on or even answer my cell phone while I'm driving. I'm not trying to prove to anyone else on the road how fast I can drive, I'm just driving at speeds I am comfortable driving at. I am courteous to other drivers, moving over to let them pass, letting them merge in front of me, making room for them to change lanes when they use their signal, etc. I sometimes wish we either had two sets of roads, one for people who want to drive quickly and are expected to be more disciplined about their actions, or that driving wasn't for everyone and it required much more advanced training and demonstration of skills to get a license. Oh well.

It's been a fun topic. I originally just wanted to point out that in my own case I was not removed from the vehicle when I was busted driving ~100mph. The cop was nice to me, even though he did tell me that he has to clean-up far too many accidents involving extreme speeds and it pisses him off. I also drove from Boise to SLC twice a week, usually at night, for about 8 months a few years ago and I got stopped going 93, I think. All the cop said to me then was that he was surprised I hadn't hit a deer yet and that hitting a deer is pretty ugly at those speeds. Never a gun drawn or arrest made. Yeah, it's great being white I guess, because I bet my experience would have been different if I was Hispanic or black.

How much u wanna bet that CJ's ancestors distilled potato and grape water during prohibition times???

How much u wanna bet that CJ's ancestors distilled potato and grape water during prohibition times???

How much u wanna bet that "Little Adolf's" parents did a crap-ton of LSD, coke, and car exhaust while he was in the womb???

....so as not to be the first one on this new board to get a warning....I will refrain from referring to you as numbnuts....but that not withstanding, my ancestors had nothing to do with distilled potatoes and grape water, even though I did grow up in Chicago, but well after the Al Capone era!

How much u wanna bet that "Little Adolf's" parents did a crap-ton of LSD, coke, and car exhaust while he was in the womb???

I'm guessing from how fine a person you sound out to be, you're lucky your parents missed out on the meth train.
Probably doesn't say much for your kids though.

I'm guessing from how fine a person you sound out to be, you're lucky your parents missed out on the meth train.
Probably doesn't say much for your kids though.

Duuuuurrrrr, durrrrrrr, *droooool*, and durrrrrr...

Solid burn.

....so as not to be the first one on this new board to get a warning....I will refrain from referring to you as numbnuts....but that not withstanding, my ancestors had nothing to do with distilled potatoes and grape water, even though I did grow up in Chicago, but well after the Al Capone era!

Mambo was the lucky recipient of the board's first "infraction" (the new board software has different terminology). In any event, this thread is going nowhere. Locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.