What's new

I can't shake this feeling

TheGobertReport

I don't know what it is but I can't stop thinking about "What if?" regarding Hayward. Is it classless to hope Hayward is having doubts about being a bitch and leaving Utah for Boston when he sees a future All Star in Mitchell (even w/o his leg injury, assuming he was perfectly healthy and playing well in Boston)? They could've played spectacularly off each other. Mitchell is a phenom and I am trying to temper my excitement but he has a chance to be truly special. Jazz haven't had someone like that since D-Will. Fun times. But also agonizing because the Jazz could just have easily had Hayward on this squad as well.

Would have finally been an excellent Robin to Donovan’s Batman. We’d be hitting a real stride next year...

I think with Hayward the Jazz would be 3rd in the WC and would push Houston to a longish series, but I think our run would still end in the 2nd round.

You could always bring him back in a trade... (I’m not serious) that would actually be a very interesting turn for him. Leaves us for his love affair with Brad and to be the star, plays 5 minutes then ends up back here on less money, playing second-fiddle, forced to put his tail between his legs (as it’s always been), and have that team dynamic shift where they look to someone else as a leader and him as a role player.

Seriously though, I don't think it matters. I think the relationship he has with Brad Steven is well beyond anything anyone of us could have imagined.

At the end of the day he would never get his number retired (good luck doing that in BOSTON). I think he'll look back and regret ever leaving Utah. At the end of the day it's his loss IMO.

Would have finally been an excellent Robin to Donovan’s Batman. We’d be hitting a real stride next year...

I think Hayward would have been more commissioner Gordon... he’s not a true robin.

I dont know why Hayward would really regret leaving Utah. He is in Boston and their future looks great too. It's not like he chose to go to Sacramento.

And if Hayward stayed here, it's likely Mitchell wouldnt look as good as he does now.

To me, the real deciding factor on if Hayward made the right decision or not is if Lebron stays in the East or leaves. If Lebron leaves, you got to think Boston is the favorite to go to the Finals next year. If he stays in the East, then Hayward's move is more of a lateral one as he will still be an underdog to reach the finals.

Some people need to just let things go...we are better off in the long term without Hayward. He never wanted to be here, he has a bland personality that teammates don't rally around, he wasn't a true star in the league, and will never be an all-NBA level player. Donovan Mitchell is the complete opposite in every way.
It took Hayward 6+ seasons to learn how "to be the man" and gain some respect from his peers. D-Mitch has figured it out a quarter way through his rookie season and has already gained the respect from the entire league (players, media and fans). Donovan fearlessly attacks the best player in the game (Lebron), Hayward allowed a scrub Delonte West to clown / ear-**** him. Really, there's no comparison.

If Hayward took the 5yr franchise player salary we wouldn’t have it available for Mitchell. Good riddance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I dont know why Hayward would really regret leaving Utah. He is in Boston and their future looks great too. It's not like he chose to go to Sacramento.

And if Hayward stayed here, it's likely Mitchell wouldnt look as good as he does now.

To me, the real deciding factor on if Hayward made the right decision or not is if Lebron stays in the East or leaves. If Lebron leaves, you got to think Boston is the favorite to go to the Finals next year. If he stays in the East, then Hayward's move is more of a lateral one as he will still be an underdog to reach the finals.
I think Lebron does go west...so Hayward's move is a pure stroke of genius. It also shows he's a coward, but whatever. Good for him.