What's new

I feel awful for hayward....that leg break...

Not sure what's a bigger joke. The comments saying Hayward deserved this, the lack of sympathy or how this forum has gone to complete **** over the years.

Exactly -- it was similarly cruel.

no baby got cut in half doh, and a baby actually getting cut in half is not similarly cruel to someone making an insensitive post. There's no universe where what you said makes any kind of sense on any kind of level.

This is a sport not warfare (and I believe warfare is evil and immoral). You might wish the Celtics lose and Hayward doesn't make the All-Star team, but you don't wish injury on anyone.

Why, what's the difference? Why is it okay to wish that Hayward's career would take a nosedive for other reasons, but not for injury reasons? His life isn't in danger. His future health isn't in danger. His family's financial future isn't in danger. Why can I wish that LeBron misses a big shot but not that he rolls his ankle? Where's this moral dividing line?

Hayward decides to leave after the Jazz pouring millions of dollars and partnering in his development, while also prioritizing his development over other players. Right when we are going to go into the peak years he rips our hearts out and does so in pretty ugly fashion.

Morality Police to Jazz fans: It is a business, he made a business decision... don't make it personal.

Hayward breaks his leg in horrible fashion on opening night.

Morality Police to Jazz fans: You should put his name on the prayer rolls... wish him and his family well... these are human lives... have a heart.

90% of me feels bad... would never wish that on someone. 10% of me feels no sympathy because he felt no sympathy when he intentionally ripped our hearts out... we did not intentionally break his leg, but we are supposed to act like this is a tragedy?

I hope he gets better and I applaud those giving him sympathy, but he is not entitled to that sympathy. I'm not cheering his accident at all but I'm not going to send flowers to the hospital.

The side benefit of the smug Celtics fans who were insufferable and rubbed it in our face that he left get zero sympathy... none. It's just business.

#20 for the Celtics suffered a serious injury. Why should I care more for #20 than if it were #42?

I'm having a hard time feeling bad for him. He's put in a lot of work into his craft, but a lot of that was funded by Utah. He was an ingrate, no question about it.

His life isn't over. His quality of life will be sufficient to lead a completely normal life, and if he never plays another game of pro ball, well... boo hoo. Neither will I. At least he got to play! I didn't. I'm working 40 - 60 a week. He won't be.

I don't feel bad. I feel like saying Karma's a bitch.

I'm having a hard time feeling bad for him. He's put in a lot of work into his craft, but a lot of that was funded by Utah. He was an ingrate, no question about it.

His life isn't over. His quality of life will be sufficient to lead a completely normal life, and if he never plays another game of pro ball, well... boo hoo. Neither will I. At least he got to play! I didn't! I'm working 40 - 60 a week. He won't be.

Controversial words. Sooner or later they were going to come out in this thread..

His life isn't over. His quality of life will be sufficient to lead a completely normal life, and if he never plays another game of pro ball, well... boo hoo. Neither will I. At least he got to play! I didn't. I'm working 40 - 60 a week. He won't be.

When ever I feel bad about being an *******, people like you make me feel better and realize, it could be worse.
#stayclassy

Yeah...I feel bad for Hayward, sucks for anyone to break a leg. But I'm not going to "pray" for the guy. The Haywards just signed a $128 million dollar contract. They're doing just fine. Gordon will be back on his feet before long. He'll probably be the same player again before too long, or at least close. Even if he never is, he will still be more fortunate than 99.999% of the world so I'll save my prayers for those guys.

Why, what's the difference? Why is it okay to wish that Hayward's career would take a nosedive for other reasons, but not for injury reasons? His life isn't in danger. His future health isn't in danger. His family's financial future isn't in danger. Why can I wish that LeBron misses a big shot but not that he rolls his ankle? Where's this moral dividing line?

Where I draw the line is physically harming someone. That's just basic morality, don't you agree?

Hayward decides to leave after the Jazz pouring millions of dollars and partnering in his development, while also prioritizing his development over other players. Right when we are going to go into the peak years he rips our hearts out and does so in pretty ugly fashion.

Morality Police to Jazz fans: It is a business, he made a business decision... don't make it personal.

Hayward breaks his leg in horrible fashion on opening night.

Morality Police to Jazz fans: You should put his name on the prayer rolls... wish him and his family well... these are human lives... have a heart.

90% of me feels bad... would never wish that on someone. 10% of me feels no sympathy because he felt no sympathy when he intentionally ripped our hearts out... we did not intentionally break his leg, but we are supposed to act like this is a tragedy?

I hope he gets better and I applaud those giving him sympathy, but he is not entitled to that sympathy. I'm not cheering his accident at all but I'm not going to send flowers to the hospital.

The side benefit of the smug Celtics fans who were insufferable and rubbed it in our face that he left get zero sympathy... none. It's just business.

Sometimes as a human it is just better to say nothing if one can't say something nice. I liked your post and I don't have a problem with what you said but my feelings is that the world would be a nicer place if people kept silent if they can't say something nice. It only makes JAzz nation look bad if we seek "Karma". I feel bad for anyone who gets hurt, as a former athlete, getting hurt sucks whether you liked a player or not.

I don't get some of you. Shedding what I can only hope are crocodile tears for this piece of ****.

Are you a Jazz fan? If so, then you should wish great things upon anyone currently wearing a Jazz uniform and wish bad things upon enemies of the Jazz. I can't imagine a bigger enemy right now than Hayward who **** on this team and on SLC to go to ****ing Boston. Because Jazz fans aren't as intelligent and as cultured as the famed Celtics fans.

And don't give me that ******** about how it's one thing to wish a bad season on Hayward and another thing to wish injury upon him. Boo-hoo, the coddled middle class boy who never had any real hardship in his life and who made 60 million already and has a guaranteed contract for another 120 might not ever play in the NBA again. He might have to live out the next 60 years drying his tears with money while playing golf and ****ing his mistresses and trying to figure out how to spend 9 figures. If any of you would like to offer me that deal, I'll give you my address and you can come here and do what you please to my ankle, tibia, and knee with a sledge hammer in exchange.

This news made me happier than the Rubio trade and I have been fantasizing about Rubio in a Jazz uniform since around 2006. Oooh, I'm a bad person for delighting in Hayward getting hurt. I don't ****ing care. I'm a Jazz fan, first and foremost. **** Hayward and his stupid leg.

Jim for prez

Yep and also broke the fibula. I was lucky that they were able to pop the ankle back in and set the leg without surgery. It's my understanding they are doing surgery this morning so there may be more damage than I sustained.