PF-that can't defend
C-that can't rebound

Jazz are good at that:
R Brewer
E Kanter
K Snyder
G Hayward
K Humphreys

I know there is more, just can't think of them.

Draft projection:

Jazz will either move up and draft Jabari Parker or stay at #5 and pick Aaron Gordon.
Jabari Parker will be a undersized PF because he can't guard
Aaron Gordon will be a PF because he can't shoot

One of these:

PG-that can't pass
SG-that can't shoot
SF-that can't shoot
PF-that can't defend
C-that can't rebound

Jazz are good at that:
R Brewer
E Kanter
K Snyder
G Hayward
K Humphreys

I know there is more, just can't think of them.

Draft projection:

Jazz will either move up and draft Jabari Parker or stay at #5 and pick Aaron Gordon.
Jabari Parker will be a undersized PF because he can't guard
Aaron Gordon will be a PF because he can't shoot

As opposed to who? What player in this draft doesn't have a weakness?

As opposed to who? What player in this draft doesn't have a weakness?

Well they all have weaknesses but some is worse than others. For example:

Stauskas is a SG that can shoot
Embiid is a C that can rebound and play D
Smart is a PG that can pass.

See its really quite simple, you should at least be good at what ever your position requires you to be good at.

This is what happens when your a wing player and you can't shoot. I never said Smart can shoot, I said he can pass the ball. Passing the ball and running the offense is the most important part of being a point guard. Maybe you misunderstood my post.

gordon1.jpg

Another example of the much needed "Can't start a thread if you don't have 100 posts" rule here on the jazzfanz.

Quick everyone! Get the OP!! I know! Let's insult his thread making abilities...

I lack the Sarcasm upgrade in my CPU so I will do so post-haste.

No! You mean they aren't really mad? You don't say...I never, ever thought of that.

But apparently you do lack a sarcasm detector.

I know this is going to get me flamed, but I think the Jazz should draft the best player that they can and that player should play his hardest.

I keep hearing (and I believe it) that the top 7 or 8 players in this draft are better than everyone in last years draft, and yet they all have weaknesses. None of them are perfect, so how can any of them be franchise players?

Wiggins, Parker, and Gordon (JMHO of course) are potential franchise players despite their imperfections. Several others can be great players as well.

I think we need to look at their strengths, which are significant, and not just preemptively declare them all to be busts before the draft.

Joel Embiid-probably odds on favorite to become franchise player if he overcomes his injuries.
Jabari Parker-could be a franchise player if he controls his weight and is able to play Sf
Andrew Wiggins-could be a franchise player if he plays more aggressive and with more assertiveness on offense
Aaron Gordon-could be a very good player in the league if he can become a decent shooter from outside
Marcus Smart-could be a good player in the league if he becomes a better shooter.
Dante Exum-could be a franchise player if he becomes a good outside shooter

They all have their weakness. Some can effect what position they will play in the Nba. More risk envolved if a player is forced into a position that makes them a tweener.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk