What's new

I know it sounds crazy but the Jazz should aim for mediocrity this offseason

Game6Conley

cuz whats about to happen here instead is some tryhard, mad-dash, pedal-to-the-metal, win-now situation n all the personnel decisions are gonna be band-aid fixes "retooling" for next season. Stuff that needs to be addressed at a systemic level..

the whole try hard thing im talking about is doomed too, sure to fail, as much as Utah 're-tools' itself, its competition will do so even more, the gains will b negligible.

The systemic issues are the team is built for the regular season n not to close games in the west vs the powers that be... And the team is just getting older and older, no wonder players are breaking down when it comes to playoff time in these shortened off-season conditions...

What I'm advocating for is the middle-ground between tanking and going for it. Thats what I think Utah should do, because I feel like they'll prolly screw up being mediocre n still compete for a decent seed in the playoffs.

Last edited:
Remember when the lowly suns were a franchise ppl looked down on around here? for most of my time on the board its been that way..

Kingdoms are rising and falling while Utah sits here doing the doggy paddle serving as a doormat / tune-up fight / gate-keeper

The strategy is the same one I've been advocating for years, they need to get younger and more flexible n get a ton of first round picks(or trade up for a big piece in the draft....) n those pieces need to be selected precisely AND they've gotta b players who can develop but also develop on the fly...

Trade the stars! trade anyone..Just like I said when Hayward was here this team is pretty good without him..

I'm not saying

Conley-Mitchell-Gobert is Carmelo-Amare-Tyson Chandler levels of doomed but its not gonna work..

I mean their version of "going for it" is bending the knee for Gordon Hayward, trading for George Hill, Ricky Rubio, Joe Johnson, Boris Diaw, signing Mike Conley to play for 750grand per game

is Scrappy Doo the GM?

they're obviously biting off more than they can chew... my more disciplined approach will b met wiht much resistance on this forum, but are the alternatives really better?

Niang and Oni are in your playoff rotation n u pay big bux? thats insane.

do yall see the other teams performing in the playoffs right now? does Utah look like their built to compete with those teams?

to me the answers no... emphatically...

Is Utah the young up and coming team? no............ teams are gonna go from the doghouse to the penthouse while utah sits there "trying its hardest"

this **** is ignorant.. their doing the fans a disservice.. this isnt competitive..

the salaries they r paying are not competitive salaries, n that will doom any franchise!!

N a microcosm of what im talking about is Royce O'Neale making 9 mil getting outplayed by Terrence Mann on a rookie deal.... Thats EXACTLY the issue... like EXACTLY... lemme put it in big letters n bold n red n see if anyone has a witty response..

the front office is making this so much harder for Rudy n Mitchell than need b

Are you sure about this title? I thought it says something more like "the Jazz aimed for mediocrity every offseason"

Are you sure about this title? I thought it says something more like "the Jazz aimed for mediocrity every offseason"
nah this is the title... they go for band-aid fixes every offseason...

im advocating that this offseason they rip the bandaid off!

they did that with hayward but they waited way too long n cost themselves tons of value in the process.

specifically what has to happen is vets need to be traded n replaced with younger options, n basically its gonna hurt early in the season but the idea is by the last few months u hit ur stride n actually whatever happens in the playoffs u have lots of young players gaining experience instead of this walking wounded routine of vets surrouning rudy n mitchell.

yall know the last month of the season teams clear their benches young players start dropping 30 for teams all sortsa crazy stuff...

utah is destined for season after season of just waiting around with sweaty palms for the playoffs to start..

n ya know they keep losing n not making the conference finals its gonna get stale REAL quick around here,, AND when its stale all the players r like 30 n locked into deals... this is NBA purgatory...

ya know how much better a healthy Denver is than utah too... like this is so screwed...

n thats just mentioning the good teams.... I guarantee u in the years to come there's basement dwellers that go flying past utah, with much younger rosters...

The Warriors might get 2 primo draft picks... that team is gonna b nasty again next year...

how is Utah supposed to hold the fort with this roster? it simply lacks the firepower necessary! they can grind regular seasons like crazy this is flawed for the playoffs, heavily flawed, easily exploited.

ur gonna beat the nets in a 7 game series like this? cmon now.. thats ridiculous..

Last edited:
yall know the last month of the season teams clear their benches young players start dropping 30 for teams all sortsa crazy stuff...

utah is destined for season after season of just waiting around with sweaty palms for the playoffs to start..

n ya know they keep losing n not making the conference finals its gonna get stale REAL quick around here,, AND when its stale all the players r like 30 n locked into deals... this is NBA purgatory...
Now here's an idea I can really get behind. How many games this season were the starters playing deep into a game that was basically already won? You have players on your roster play them. Let them sink or swim. Figure out who you can trust in a game in march so you don't have to worry about it come playoff time.

N a microcosm of what im talking about is Royce O'Neale making 9 mil getting outplayed by Terrence Mann on a rookie deal.... Thats EXACTLY the issue... like EXACTLY... lemme put it in big letters n bold n red n see if anyone has a witty response..

the front office is making this so much harder for Rudy n Mitchell than need b
ima just quote myself from yesterday... n again Terrence Mann just dropped 39 on Utahs heads..

the phrase "too big for ones britches" comes to mind... when Utah started signing players like Royce Oneal for 8mil per (its in the same vein of overpays for Boris Diaw n Joe Johnson) they became too big for their own britches"..

n really they beat the competitiveness out of this team from the inside out, thru a flawed composition.

How can Utah ever expect to compete if they trade away their 1st rd picks for overpaid vets n then run into other teams rookies/udfas/2nd rd picks who outperform those vets?

This is my issue with Utah's approach for a decade now. It's flawed! It's overly ambitious, gullible, green, it's got an air of beginners luck to it, like Utah's just trying to position themselves to get lucky instead of ya know, doing the right thing...

ya know, what about Reggie Jackson? thats the type of vets utah needs to go after reclimation projects, not "proven" old guys whos bodies r often in shambles by 50 games into the regular season