What's new

I need help planning on a workout routine

Well, to update:

-Had my first workout in 13 months today. I can't lift nearly as much weight as I used to, sadly enough. Regardless, I just adjusted the weight typically after my first set, and did two more sets of ten reps (with 1 minute breaks) of the new weight afterwards.
- I ended up purchasing this powder: https://www.rivalus.net/products/clean-gainer/ and I will probably be taking it a max of 2 times a day, more likely just once immediately after workouts (unless you all suggest otherwise). ~500 calories per serving, 30g protein per serving.
- I am trying to get myself to eat something every 3 hours. This has been quite hard for me, but I am adjusting. Should I aim towards eating every 2 hours? Should I be eating snacks nonstop?
- I have heard that you get the most protein out of eggs by eating/drinking them raw. I tried that today, and damn-near puked.
- I am so ****ing sore right now. Cannot feel my entire upper body.

Thank you all for your input!! I will try to make sure that it all goes to good use. Again, Im starting at 155 pounds of weight. Eager to find out how much improvement i make in the coming weeks :)

Well, to update:

-Had my first workout in 13 months today. I can't lift nearly as much weight as I used to, sadly enough. Regardless, I just adjusted the weight typically after my first set, and did two more sets of ten reps (with 1 minute breaks) of the new weight afterwards.
- I ended up purchasing this powder: https://www.rivalus.net/products/clean-gainer/ and I will probably be taking it a max of 2 times a day, more likely just once immediately after workouts (unless you all suggest otherwise). ~500 calories per serving, 30g protein per serving.
- I am trying to get myself to eat something every 3 hours. This has been quite hard for me, but I am adjusting. Should I aim towards eating every 2 hours? Should I be eating snacks nonstop?
- I have heard that you get the most protein out of eggs by eating/drinking them raw. I tried that today, and damn-near puked.

Thank you all for your input!! I will try to make sure that it all goes to good use. Again, Im starting at 155 pounds of weight. Eager to find out how much improvement i make in the coming weeks :)

Once every 3 hours is good. And that's why protein shakes are so good. It's much easier to drink a cold shake than eat a meal every three hours. Regarding the eggs, old wives tale. They are just as good for you cooked as long as you are not bathing them in butter. Hard boiled is great.

Keep in mind that a meal doesn't need to be a "meal". A couple of hard boiled eggs and cup of yogurt and a 1/4 of walnuts is pretty good. That's not a lot of food but a lot of calories packed into it.

Well, to update:

Sounds like you are off to a great start. Just make sure that your routine and diet are something you can maintain. That is the important part. I always tell people to find workouts they enjoy so they will keep doing them. The clean gainer stuff despite its price looks great and has good stuff in it. I would not bother eating your eggs raw its not worth your time or puking. I find being sore addicting and great but the first few times are miserable you wont be that sore after a few workouts.

I posted plenty on this stuff. Something I haven't added but I'm sure has been said is that you shouldn't take what they recommend for your supplements. Almost always cut it in half and you are good. They just want you to run out quick.

Also, I benched 335 six times today.

HONK! HONK! HONNNNNNNNNNNK!!!