Utah Trades
Andrei Kirilenko (expiring contract)

Bobcats trade
DJ Augustin

Utah Trades
Kosta Koufas
Ronnie Price

The first trade:
The Sixers have said that they would move the 2nd overall pick in the draft to gid rid of Elton Brand's contract which will have 3 more years on it. So the Jazz give them AK expiring and take on the last 3 years of Brand's contract. Which while he owed a lot it is still less then AK at this point and in two seasons we could flip his contract when it is expiring. But we now don't have to resign Boozer but could if we decided to move Millsap for another player. Futhermore, we get a replacement for millsap off the bench in Brand. So without having to resign Boozer to stay competitive we can resign Fes, Matthews, Korver without hesistation.

The second trade:
The Bobcats want to get rid of Augustine since the emergence of Raymond Felton. So the Jazz give up junk for junk for a back-up point guard that has some potential and can shoot the 3.

Jazz roster after trades if happened
PG: DWill, Augustine, Gaines
SG: Turner, Matthews
SF: Miles, Korver
PF: Millsap, Brand, 9th pick
C: Memo, Speights, Fes

I like your idea, but alot of people on here are going to have some problem with it. And really if Brand can stay healthy and produce effectively then I would love it, and that is just the unknown whether that can happen or not is the real mystery of whether we get the Brand who produced like an all-star or what he has been recently and we would find out quickly because this offense would rely upon whether Brand can. Really its to big of a risk IMHO, but maybe thats just the risk we need to take to take us to the next level, which is risk a trade on a former all-star and #1 overall pick in Brand and see if he can return to form because then its a smart move cause then you just replaced Boozer's production along with someone who plays a little better defense and is longer then Boozer and Millsap.

Then you come to the debate on whether you can replace those things AK does for you, because after this season we can clear that cap space with his contract expiring and resign him to a much smaller contract. Next offseason you can the sign a free agent worth about 10 million a year along with signing AK for about 6 or 7 mil a year.

Both of those other teams would never even come close to considering those deals the way you currently have them set up.

Complaints, complaints blah blah... I like your idea. I really do not understand, under the circumstances the Jazz are in, it's one of the better trade ideas from which both Sixers and Jazz will benefit (I doubt that Bobcats really benefit from this trades, no problem for me, I'm OK with only 1st trade). My approach to your trade idea:

- Nobody could know how well Elton Brand will play for the rest of his career. However, there is one thing everybody is aware of: Brand is very talented and was a consensus all-star. It will be a risky gamble, because of the length of his contract. For me, it's worth trying it.
- I doubt that Sixers will want to give Speights, one of the promising and hardworking guys in terrible Sixers team. He has a great future ahead of him, of which I think the Sixers management is aware.
- Doug Collins expressed his feelings regarding the leader of that team: Iguodala. He has high expectations from AI and believes in him. They certainly need PASSERS, players with high BBIQ and court vision. Sixers had made a terrible decision by hiring Eddie Jordan, whose system relies on Princeton Offense. There was no way that Sixers team could play that way. I do not know how Collins sets his team's offense but the same needs remains to be fullfilled. From this standpoint, getting AK makes sense. However, both AK47 and AI are SFs. We all know AK47 is more effective as a PF but will Collins prefer to go with a small, athletic and mobile lineup?

No way in hell would they give us Brand, 2nd pick and Speights just for AK. If somehow that happened, would you take Turner or Favors?? I would take Favors- big time athleticism and combine results as good or better than Howard, excellent defender, major potential. Brand would be a great get- 13,6 and 1 block. If they did the deal they wouldn't include Speights. We would probably have to give up AK, Fes, 9th pick and Memphis pick for a deal like that

That trade with the Sixers is considered a felony in 46 states.

We lose AK's contract. We get the #2 pick. We get a legit prospect in Speights. And we upgrade at the backup point? LOL. I thought we were going to start a terrible trade ideas thread.

Your trades are great....For the Jazz. Unfortunately those teams can get far more than you are giving them for what you are getting back.

https://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/s...ll-opt-out-of-his-orlando-magic-contract.html

According to Orlando Sentinel, Matt Barnes is opting out. I think he is a tough defender, great, reliable shooter and what he brings to the court is a variety of valuable assets in basketball. He is obviously more versatile than Korver, whose market value or request will be much higher than the money that Barnes could have earned had he stayed with Magic for one more year; $1.6 M.

Since I do not know much about salary cap, luxury tax rules, and thus the current financial situation and flexibility of Jazz, I have to ask;
1) Would signing Barnes improve our team?
2) Can the Jazz just sign him without trying any deals with some other teams?