What's new

If Conley is out another 12 days...

NAOS

... then, presumably, we will trying to re-integrate him into the lineup right as our schedule starts getting significantly more challenging. It all starts on the 25th with the game against the Mavericks.

This thread is a call to action (lol, I know).

If this scenario comes to pass, then we need to band together to make sure our chorus is heard loudly: Mike should reintegrate by coming off the bench while he gets his feet under him.

It’s highly probable that the 2-6 seeds this year are separated by as few as 3 games. Several models are predicting this outcome at this point in the season. We can’t knee-cap ourselves; the difference between 2 and 6 is ****ing huge.

@Jazz FO: please be reasonable.

Conley won't be the reason we lose those games. If we lose them, that is.

I've actually thought a lot about this recently as I've looked at our schedule. Bringing him back after this soft part of the schedule will be difficult for a dude that already looks like he is lacking real confidence.

Ideally he would have been back for a lot of this stretch, but such is life.

Conley won't be the reason we lose those games. If we lose them, that is.
He has been the reason many times so far this season already.
But ya, players are usually better right after coming back from an injury so he probably won't be the reason we lose any more games.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

Our main objective is to try and unload him by trade, etc. as he is worthless in our scheme of things. He can't shoot, he can't pass, he can't rebound, he can't defend. He dribbles too much, and he's costing us 31 million dollars a year! Worst trade or pickup we've ever made....end of story!

Yeah, Mike will be fine starting. The bigger issue is for Jingles to continue playing well. They should start him instead of Royce. Sub out one of Mitch/Jingles/Bogie early and then let them play with Clarkson in the 2nd unit.

Mike Conely has taken way more than his share of the blame for early struggles.

I think having him start/play big minutes right after this hamstring issue would be a mistake on several levels and that doesn’t mean he’s a bad basketball player or a do-do head.

I think having him start/play big minutes right after this hamstring issue would be a mistake on several levels and that doesn’t mean he’s a bad basketball player or a do-do head.
So how does switching up his routine he's had for his entire career (starting) help his hamstring? If they need to limit his minutes, just pull him early. He's going to start if he's available.

He'll be coming off the bench permanently I think. Doubt they find a taker for him on a trade.

He's definitely not going to be coming off the bench, and they don't have to worry about finding a taker for him because they have no interest in trading him.

So how does switching up his routine he's had for his entire career (starting) help his hamstring? If they need to limit his minutes, just pull him early. He's going to start if he's available.
This isn’t about Conley, first and foremost. It’s about the team, and what the team is currently facing. I thought that was obvious.

How many times over the years have dudes around here tried to give lessons on the sunk cost fallacy or something adjacent to that? Thousands?

The argument for why Mike should automatically be inserted back into the starting lineup smells an awful lot like it rests on the evidence of “because he makes all that money, he has to.” I’d prefer to hear a well-reasoned, game-play based argument. I haven’t seen one.