What's new

If Kanter is falls to #3, then trade Jefferson to HOU (McHale)..

PrinceJL

I don't think Harris' upgrade/replacement is in this draft so...

Houston = Jefferson / #9 (CHA)
Charlotte = Scola / #14 (HOU)
Utah = Diaw /#38 (HOU) / NYK '12 #1 (HOU)

2011-12:
Harris / Jimmer (#12)
Hayward / Bell
CJ / Diaw / Evans
Favors / Millsap
Memo / Kanter

2012-13 w/ GS (top 7) & NYK's (top 5) lottery picks in a deeper draft:
Harris / ?Jimmer?
Hayward / Bell
CJ? / ?? (?Barnes?)
Favors / Millsap
Kanter / Tomic

... but if Kanter is already off the board, I want to pass on Knight & draft Valanciunas.

today memo told in an interview that he was actually planning to play till 37-38 but now after this injury, he is considering how old he may be able to play. But probably he told he s gonna play 3-4 yrs more in nba. So i can see memo around a couple of more years. But we will see how healthy he will be, even himself is concerned with that

I'm among the loudest of the TRADE-JEFFERSON crowd, but I'm absolutely sure we can get better value for him than this trash. Shoot big: get Kevin Martin.

I'm among the loudest of the TRADE-JEFFERSON crowd, but I'm absolutely sure we can get better value for him than this trash. Shoot big: get Kevin Martin.

Ugh...no to Kevin Martin please. Black hole that doesn't play defense. Good scorer though.

Yeah... I'm not a big fan of Kevin Martin. He can be a real threat on occasion, but he is a major defensive liability. Plus, he is well on his way down the hill.

Why would the Jazz take #38 from Houston, when they have #14 to give up? Houston would be getting #9 and keeping #14 while getting Jefferson at the same time. The NY pick is nice because it is in the 2012 draft, but it isn't a lottery pick. They are in the Eastern Conference with Carmelo and Amare, remember? I'd say yes if it was 14 instead of 38.

So Houston comes out of this with Jefferson and the #9 pick and the Jazz get a second round pick, a ****ty player, and a mid-to-late first round pick next year? Why would the Jazz even entertain that?

So Houston comes out of this with Jefferson and the #9 pick and the Jazz get a second round pick, a ****ty player, and a mid-to-late first round pick next year? Why would the Jazz even entertain that?
Because that move, plus the trade of Millsap for Robin Lopez, Mickael Pietrus and a bag of chips, would complete the rebuild and render the Jazz NBA champions in short order.

Hell no.

Or we could just roll into next season with the best frontline in the NBA and dominate inside.

Or we could hold out for better trades that... Imagine this... Actually IMPROVE our team!

How is the Knicks 2012 pick a top 5?

If Kanter is off the board, that means Irving or Williams will be available at 3. I'd take them over JV anyday