What's new

If the Jazz has the guts to trade Conley, then...

Our only real hope to make roster changes that are somewhat meaningful is that a team talks themselves into a Dante Exum project. Stranger things have happened... maybe there are some Aussie GMs... maybe he has a promising game or two and DL is out of the office when a trade is approved.

If we are all in then lets go the eff all in. Was watching Chris Paul last night against the Kings... end of the game the other guys could barely dribble when he was around. When he wants to turn it up he's still goog enough.

Basics of the deal...

Utah gets CP and Marcus Morris. Utah sends Conley to NY and Exum to OKC. Ed goes to NY for matching salary.

OKC send CP3 gets Exum Portis and Ellington... they get off of almost all the CP salary so likely could throw in some seconds for someone.

NY sends Portis, Morris, Ellington and gets Conley.

OKC doesn't want the final year of CP's salary and doesn't really care about making the 8th seed. NY has a front office that is struggling and needs a vet pg... cap space not a big deal because they can still get to almost max space but are likely not a destination this summer and its a really bad FA crop.

I don't think its a great bet for us... but if all our guys are relatively healthy I think the team's ceiling is higher. Would be tough to watch CP3 and I'd be waiting for the hamstring tear in the playoffs.

I cannot watch CP in a Jazz uniform NO!

They will absolutely not trade him at this point. At no point in this season in fact. But I love this thread and fully support the sentiment.

I could make one work for Charlotte, but they don't need him anymore.

Sacramento? Minny? Cleveland?

Conley is a 32 year old 32 mil a year player that is playing terrible right now
No team would want him right now
Jazz better hope he snaps out of his funk and lives up to his hype

Conley's stats:

October: 32.3% FG% 28.6% from three
November: 37.4% FG % 38% from three
December: 45.5% FG% 62.5% from three

October was awful, November was less awful but still bad and although December = only two games, at least Conley is improving and isn't playing worse.

If Conley is as bad as he's been why would any team give anything of value for a player supposedly past his prime making 30+ mill?

Conley is a part of best 5 man lineup which also has played the most minutes as group. He started terrible but was decent enough the last few games. Most importantlty, he wasn't the problem. Let's take a look afaer he comes back. The time off could do wonders mentally.

Three team trade sending Conley to Memphis and Favors to Utah. Boom
A team cannot reacquire a player it traded away during the same season (a season for this purpose being defined as starting on the first day of the regular season and ending on the last day of the Finals). If the player was traded between seasons (i.e., from the first day after the Finals to the last day prior to the start of the next regular season), it cannot reacquire the player prior to the end of the next season. If he is waived by his new team, then he cannot re-sign with his original team until the one-year anniversary of the trade, or until the July 1 following the end of his contract, whichever comes first. However, if a team trades a player's draft rights, it can reacquire the player during the same season

If we are all in then lets go the eff all in. Was watching Chris Paul last night against the Kings... end of the game the other guys could barely dribble when he was around. When he wants to turn it up he's still goog enough.

Basics of the deal...

Utah gets CP and Marcus Morris. Utah sends Conley to NY and Exum to OKC. Ed goes to NY for matching salary.

OKC send CP3 gets Exum Portis and Ellington... they get off of almost all the CP salary so likely could throw in some seconds for someone.

NY sends Portis, Morris, Ellington and gets Conley.

OKC doesn't want the final year of CP's salary and doesn't really care about making the 8th seed. NY has a front office that is struggling and needs a vet pg... cap space not a big deal because they can still get to almost max space but are likely not a destination this summer and its a really bad FA crop.

I don't think its a great bet for us... but if all our guys are relatively healthy I think the team's ceiling is higher. Would be tough to watch CP3 and I'd be waiting for the hamstring tear in the playoffs.
Cp3 can barely stay healthy and he's a square peg in a round hole for Utah's system.

Conley's stats:

October: 32.3% FG% 28.6% from three
November: 37.4% FG % 38% from three
December: 45.5% FG% 62.5% from three
These stats give me some hope. If he can keep shooting 38% from 3, I'll take that. I can almost guarantee he'll shoot better than 37% from 2, if not, just have him shoot 3s. I think that's what Quinn wants anyway, lot's of 3 point shots. It's too late to turn the ocean liner on that, the team needs to loosen up and let the 3s fly!

Utah: Conley, Exum Davis
NY: Portis, Morris, Payton
-or-
Utah: Conley, Oni
NY: Portis, Gibson, Smith Jr.

Cp3 can barely stay healthy and he's a square peg in a round hole for Utah's system.

Me talking to myself: don’t make the joke... it’s really immature and insensitive... you are better than that... ahhhh eff it.

Your mom likes my square peg in her round hole!

me to myself: it was worth it.

The best course of action is for us to ride it out with Conley and hope he is consistently better than he was early in the season. I don’t see him as slower or struggling with his quickness like some suggest. Second unit needs a better pick and roll big... either Ed has to be better (he’s been trash) or you find someone else and I think it solves a lot of the second unit issues.