What's new

If the Jazz move up, who will it be for?

If the Jazz end up moving up in the draft, who will it be for?

• Hendricks (before 9)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • George (before 16)

• Leonard Miller (before 16)

• Nick Smith (before 16) for @framer

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

idiot

For the sake of argument, let's assume picks 1-4 aren't really in play for what the Jazz would be willing to give.

Try to predict who you think the Jazz covet (which may be different from who you covet).

My gut says 5 will be too expensive so it's probably with Dallas to take Bilal or JHS. I went with JHS cuz he's my guy

For some reason I'm really down right now on the prospects in the 5-9 range, and I'm not sure I want the Jazz to draft any of them. I think my preference right now is to trade back and gain assets vs trading up and burning assets, but my guess is that the Jazz feel differently and will be aggressive for the guy they have identified as their guy.

Thinking Utah tries to get 10 or 11 and get BPA. If you're going to take a developmental prospect, this maybe the draft to do it, so maybe Bilal? I'm sure there's more useful players on the board though.

As the draft approaches, I'm beginning to think it'll be best to stay put at 9 and 16, because someone is bound to fall to us at those spot. But knowing DA, he's probably already got a deal in place with another team that's been agreed to. It might be Houston or Detroit. We shall see.

If they were to trade up that may be going for Ausar. We have seen Whitmore sliding in mock drafts to think you could stay put at 9.

For some reason I'm really down right now on the prospects in the 5-9 range, and I'm not sure I want the Jazz to draft any of them. I think my preference right now is to trade back and gain assets vs trading up and burning assets, but my guess is that the Jazz feel differently and will be aggressive for the guy they have identified as their guy.

I feel the same way, except that I'm just happy to take whoever is at #9. I think this draft is fairly week from 2-7ish. I'd like the Jazz to take whoever is left at #9, then take their first choice of the next group at #10.

I love moving up from 16 to get Bukfin, JHS, or Bilal.
Ya, then again I feel confident that one of Bilal, JHS, Bufkin or wallace (who i also like) will be there at 16 so why waste assets. And I have no idea if who we take using assets to move up will be any better than who is available and taken at 16.

Ya, then again I feel confident that one of Bilal, JHS, Bufkin or wallace (who i also like) will be there at 16 so why waste assets. And I have no idea if who we take using assets to move up will be any better than who is available and taken at 16.
Ideally the Jazz like one of them more than the others, and move up to secure their guy instead of taking the leftovers and hoping it works out.

Also extremely possible all those dudes are gone at 16 too.

sure just change your draft range prospects then. It is not impossible to think all the smoke lands Black in Orlando at 11 not 6, or lands Auser in Houston at 4, right after Amen went 3rd and Miller fell to Detroit. Cam could go 2nd and so could Amen. Black could go 4 and Bilal could go 5. Nobody really knows in this draft what teams are actually doing.
The chalk is wet

Ideally the Jazz like one of them more than the others, and move up to secure their guy instead of taking the leftovers and hoping it works out.

Also extremely possible all those dudes are gone at 16 too.
Moving up and taking their guy is also "hoping it works out" But adding in more assets to equation so it better work out or they really screwed the pooch. I disagree that it is extremely possible all those dudes are gone. I think that is very unlikely actually.

Moving up and taking their guy is also "hoping it works out" But adding in more assets to equation so it better work out or they really screwed the pooch. I disagree that it is extremely possible all those dudes are gone. I think that is very unlikely actually.
Well yes, all drafting is hoping it works out. But I still think there is a big difference between identifying a target you really like and going to get him, and saying "We'll just take whoever is left out of this group of five dudes."

Also just disagree about one of them definitely being available. I think chalk would say that all of JHS, Bufkin, Wallace, and Bilal are gone at #16. We've done two mocks in the past few days, first one they were all gone. Second, only Wallace (my least favorite of the bunch, not that it matters) was available, and thats because the Hawks took Leonard Miller at #15.

Here is a first result when I googled NBA mock draft: https://www.nba.com/news/bleacher-report-final-2023-nba-mock-draft-and-full-two-round-predictions
All of those dudes are gone by #16 here as well. I think it'd be a pretty common theme if we kept looking at different mocks.

Last edited:
none of the above options. next time try using "other- if so explain"
The Jazz will trade up from 28 to get OMax is my guess

Also just disagree about them all definitely being available. I think chalk would say that all of JHS, Bufkin, Wallace, and Bilal are gone at #16. We've done two mocks in the past few days, first one they were all gone. Second, only Wallace (my least favorite of the bunch, not that it matters) was available, and thats because the Hawks took Leonard Miller at #15.

Here is a first result when I googled NBA mock draft: https://www.nba.com/news/bleacher-report-final-2023-nba-mock-draft-and-full-two-round-predictions
All of those dudes are gone by #16 here as well. I think it'd be a pretty common theme if we kept looking at different mocks.
I feel very confident one of them will be available. Drafts rarely go exactly how the mocks say they will.