What's new

If these players are your options in the draft, who are you picking for the Jazz?

Who are you selecting for the Jazz

• Anthony Black

Votes: 5 13.5%
  • Gradey Dick

Votes: 2 5.4%
  • Keyonte George

Votes: 2 5.4%
  • Taylor Hendricks

Votes: 17 45.9%
  • GG Jackson

Votes: 1 2.7%
  • Nick Smith Jr.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cason Wallace

Votes: 9 24.3%
  • Other (please describe)

Votes: 1 2.7%

• Total voters
I really have no idea how Hendricks is being rated this high. Think he is very good, but I see a pretty limited ceiling. If you got guys like Wallace, Dick, George, Black left I don't see how you go that way
You invented liking Hendricks

I really have no idea how Hendricks is being rated this high. Think he is very good, but I see a pretty limited ceiling. If you got guys like Wallace, Dick, George, Black left I don't see how you go that way
Lots of good players get passed over because of a 'limited ceiling'. He's a big guy with awesome percentages at 19 years old. Do you trust his shooting to translate? Do you think he can be a serviceable defender? If so, then he'll likely be a productive NBA player. Which is always worth the draft pick.

The player type I want most from a physical profile and skill set perspective is a slightly bigger jimmy Butler.

That's I chose hendo. Also why I like GG

Jimmy is listed at 6 foot 7 and 230.

Both GG and Hendo are listed at 6 foot 9 and 215 (should put on some weight as they age)

Lots of good players get passed over because of a 'limited ceiling'. He's a big guy with awesome percentages at 19 years old. Do you trust his shooting to translate? Do you think he can be a serviceable defender? If so, then he'll likely be a productive NBA player. Which is always worth the draft pick.
I don't really trust his D to translate all that much and don't think he will ever be a self creator

So when you say he is very good do you mean purely for college? What can he do in the NBA in your opinion?
Think he's going to be a floor spacer who can offer weakside rim protection/help defense. Don't think he's going to be a good man defender and I don't think he's going to be able to self create. And I mean very good in the NBA, just not high level good, like very good role player good.

Might go Hendricks, but I am 100% in on Hawkins as our first selection if we don't get into the top 4. He is the epitome of high floor, high upside and highly probable future allstar. Can't pass up on that for anyone else available unless they really think another prospect has the same floor and higher upside. There are a few with higher upside, but none have a higher floor that are left imo.

You can also slot him in a million different lineups because he can shoot and is an excellent team defender. I think he can SWITCH 1-5 (guard 1-5 in a pinch, not full time), and it’s rare to even dream a player can do that.

Its wild how many people in the interwebs use wing and forward as synonyms.

However I would imagine that even most of those people wouldnt call Hendricks a wing.

I would hope that at least the primary position should be either 2 or 3 before using that term..

Its wild how many people in the interwebs use wing and forward as synonyms.

However I would imagine that even most of those people wouldnt call Hendricks a wing.

I would hope that at least the primary position should be either 2 or 3 before using that term..
“Wing” = 2/3
“Forward” = 3/4

Hendricks is a forward with rim protection that most bigs (4/5) would envy.

“Wing” = 2/3
“Forward” = 3/4

Hendricks is a forward with rim protection that most bigs (4/5) would envy.
Yeah thats how it should be used. Hendricks is a 4/3 forward with maybe some small ball stretch 5 potential if we are savvy about it.. but no way he can be a swingman.

Yeah thats how it should be used. Hendricks is a 4/3 forward with maybe some small ball stretch 5 potential if we are savvy about it.. but no way he can be a swingman.
I think you get a bit caught up in positional definitions. I would not call him a swingman... but he could be considered a wing in some instances because wing suggests you play on the perimeter on offense. He will be used A LOT on the perimeter on offense.

I think he is really intriguing as he could work quite well with Lauri/Kessler in the frontcourt and you basically wall off the paint. I think you could run 5 out stuff with him and Lauri as well. Whether he is the 3, 4, or 5 I don't really care. He can shoot like a wing and should be able to survive on the perimeter on defense (similar to Lauri) while protecting the paint.

I think you get a bit caught up in positional definitions. I would not call him a swingman... but he could be considered a wing in some instances because wing suggests you play on the perimeter on offense. He will be used A LOT on the perimeter on offense.

I think he is really intriguing as he could work quite well with Lauri/Kessler in the frontcourt and you basically wall off the paint. I think you could run 5 out stuff with him and Lauri as well. Whether he is the 3, 4, or 5 I don't really care. He can shoot like a wing and should be able to survive on the perimeter on defense (similar to Lauri) while protecting the paint.
Was gonna emphasize that Hendricks might unlock all-switching and 5-out (Lauri basically at the “5”) lineups which could be devastating.

If Hendricks can play with Markannen and Kessler then I would be happy if we choose him...however, it is close but I pick Carson because I also value above average PG play for many years into the future.

If Hendricks can play with Markannen and Kessler then I would be happy if we choose him...however, it is close but I pick Carson because I also value above average PG play for many years into the future.
heeeeerrres johnny lol Wallace aint a point guard though hes a combo that is being labelled wrong. He is going to be decent but no better than Sexton for example and the 2 cancell eachother out and could not play together. Maybe if we move on from Sexton, we can draft a guy like that in the next draft.
Wallace is not a top 10 prospect either imo, but thats another story

heeeeerrres johnny lol Wallace aint a point guard though hes a combo that is being labelled wrong. He is going to be decent but no better than Sexton for example and the 2 cancell eachother out and could not play together. Maybe if we move on from Sexton, we can draft a guy like that in the next draft.
Wallace is not a top 10 prospect either imo, but thats another story

Wallace and Sexton are completely different players. Also, there is a good chance Sexton ends up a 6th man for the Jazz and not a starter.

Wallace and Sexton are completely different players. Also, there is a good chance Sexton ends up a 6th man for the Jazz and not a starter.
If we’re being honest with ourselves, that’s his NBA destiny (on a contender).

I’m not even hating. I’m pro-Sexton and excelling in that role isn’t for everyone. It’s become almost a necessity if you want to set yourself apart at the higher levels.

Last edited:
Black/Wallace/George splitting the "draft-a-guard" vote. Hendricks winning the popular vote. I'm looking forward to seeing how Hendricks comes into the Combine.

No I bet you never watched Sexton play before coming here. They are very similar as nba prospects . Sexton now however is far better in every statistical category and it isn't going to be close.
Don't preach about Wallace and his defense, he really is no better defensively than Sexton was in college imo. Sexton has largely been tagged as a poor defender in the NBA. I see little difference and if anything Sexton is the better pro.
Sexton and Wallace are both probably 6th man types in the NBA on a good team, but both are also either undersized 2 or not good enough natural playmakers for most gm's to think of them as lead guards , not right out of college.
Sexton has developed a lot and porbably is light years better as a player than Wallace will ever be his first couple seasons.
If you actually believe we are drafting a lead guard, it won't be Wallace without Sexton being traded.