What's new

If we meet GSW in 1st Round, do we actually think we have a chance with GHill and Favors?

couscous

I mean do any of you all actually think that even with Hill and Favors, the outcome wouldn't be anything less than 4-0 sweep by the Warriors and likely couple of 30+ losses too?

I mean do any of you all actually think that even with Hill and Favors, the outcome wouldn't be anything less than 4-0 sweep by the Warriors and likely couple of 30+ losses too?

GTFO with this ****. We got blown out without Hill, Favors, Burks and basically Hood too, and Hayward playing like a bitch. We're not getting the 8 seed. If you think we are, you can shove it where the sun don't shine. 3 seed or bust!!! Choo mother ****ing choo!!!

We wont meet them in the 1st round, it'll be in a later round.

And yes, we will **** them up.

I think they could win a game or two. I'd say its more likely that it goes to 5 games than being over in 4. I'm not so sure it's more likely that it goes to 6 vs being over in 4 (but I lean toward believing the Jazz could win at least 2.)

My question: Would you rather have the 4 seed or the 6 seed? I know Jerry Sloan never believed in positioning for the playoffs, but I think the Jazz should consider it. Is it better to have home court in the first round or avoid the Warriors as long as possible and hope they have an injury, are worn down by other teams, and/or Draymond Green gets all sorts of technical/flagrant fouls and maybe has to sit out a game in the Western Conference Finals?

I realize the fatal flaw in my logic of playoff positioning in that I'm assuming the Jazz can get through the second round, let alone the first. I don't mean to take that for granted. It's more than likely they have an early exit seeing how its their first year in the playoffs. But I think it would be wise to avoid the Warriors as long as possible. They were noticeably worse as the playoffs went on last year(specifically in the Finals. They were still brilliant in the WCF.)

The Jazz are on a upward trajectory lets not jump off a cliff every time they get their *** kicked. At some point the Jazz will get worked over again by another team this season so prepare yourselves. What we saw last night was not the team we've seen most of the year.

The Jazz are on a upward trajectory lets not jump off a cliff every time they get their *** kicked. At some point the Jazz will get worked over again by another team this season so prepare yourselves. What we saw last night was not the team we've seen most of the year.

Yes if everyone is healthy.

We win because Snyder > Kerr with game plans and matchups. As long as the players can execute we will have the time of our lives enjoying.

Sent from my SM-G900V using JazzFanz mobile app

I think we lose that series 4-2 and give them quite a scare.

drink some water, you look thirsty.

Also as CL said, CHOO CHOO!!!!

Don't overreact to that result. The Jazz could never establish spacing like vs Memphis because a ton of open and semi contested shots didn't fall that are usually falling at a better rate than 0%. The Warriors completely blocking the paint was just a result of that.

Jazz have no chance vs healthy GSW in playoffs no matter Hills or Favors. We are not there just yet. The best we could hope is 1 win.

If we meet them in the playoffs and we are healthy we take them 6 games and surprise them with how tough we are. Getting HEALTHY is going to be the hardest part. As good as we can be with our defense, GSW just has too much firepower and starpower.
Also we won't meet them in the first round, we are better than the 8th seed

Way too early to start thinking about this right now. Injuries and fatigue will be a factor by the playoffs, as will mental toughness. That's where I feel we will fail. One year into the playoff's we will still be feeling pretty proud of ourselves while the warriors will be taking care of business. I hope we can keep the core together so next year they go in wanting to win it all and not just happy to break in.
That being said, I hope someone, anyone can beat them and smack that smug look off Draymond's face!

If the Jazz are at full strength (a HUGE pipedream btw), we will play the Warriors close for a couple of games get blown out in the other two. In the end it will still be a sweep.

It'll probably go something like this:
Game 1: Warriors 117 Jazz 90
Game 2: Warriors 101 Jazz 98
Game 3: Warriors 108 Jazz 106 OT
Game 4: Warriors 115 Jazz 92

They could not only sweep us, but sweep their way to the finals. Just think how good we would become if Durant joined us....probably a 60+ win team.

All you negative Nancy's, jump off a bridge. Ffs.

We are not negative, we are realistic and objective. You can be mister positivity going against Usaine Bolt in 100 m race... still going to eat dust at the end of the day. Same here. Jazz have no chance in playoff series vs GSW. The talent/skill difference is too big.

We are not negative, we are realistic and objective. You can be mister positivity going against Usaine Bolt in 100 m race... still going to eat dust at the end of the day. Same here. Jazz have no chance in playoff series vs GSW. The talent/skill difference is too big.

I wouldn't say they have no chance at all. We haven't seen us fully healthy and clicking. Imagine Rudy at his best. Favors at his best. Gordon at his best. Hood at his best. G. Hill at his best. Our bench at their best. We could be damn formidable. Hardly anyone thought the Cavaliers would come back from a 3-1 deficit. It's a team game and if a team is clicking they can take down "better" teams.

I wouldn't say they have no chance at all. We haven't seen us fully healthy and clicking. Imagine Rudy at his best. Favors at his best. Gordon at his best. Hood at his best. G. Hill at his best. Our bench at their best. We could be damn formidable. Hardly anyone thought the Cavaliers would come back from a 3-1 deficit. It's a team game and if a team is clicking they can take down "better" teams.

Ok, so even in the best case scenario we will have bunch of All stars and couple MVP's and NBA champions with COY vs couple borderline all star's with minimal playoff experience and bunch of players and coach who never been in playoffs.
Rome wasn't built in a day...