What's new

If you had $100,000 to invest

I heard this new betamax thing is going to be big. Also, I really think there is a future for HD-DVD. Such a clear picture and so much data!

I have always wanted to have a rental property or two. Thats probably what i would do.

Or possibly buy some land in the mountains near a river.

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app

Immediately, silver. In two years, you would have a minimum of 500k! Other precious metals possibly, but silver, from my limited knowledge, has the most upside and 100k would buy enough you'd feel good about it. Think of telling your significant other, hey I just won 100k so I bought this kg of gold. Slap..floor.

Seriously though real estate is probably as good an investment as any for this amount of money. If you intend on just leaving it alone, bury it in the high-end tech stocks (amazon, tesla, microsoft, etc.) as they are very unlikely to do anything but go up over the next several decades. Although I have had some success in some penny stocks on the edges of the tech space that have done many times the initial investments, so that could be a fun high-risk proposition. I am not any power investor by any means, but there are ways to go that could yield some nice returns depending on the goals. I sunk some money into Digital Turbine (APPS) at $3.40 per share about a year and a half ago, maybe 2 years now, and now it is at $50. Wish I had bet the farm on it, and I wish I had cashed out when it topped $100 a few months ago, but I got a nice 5-figure return for not much gambled, so that's pretty cool.

If I had 100,000 to invest… it’s depend on how old I was, how long it could sit, what my net worth is, how much debt I have, etc.

Most would go in FXAIX (low fees index fund, boring but I am also boring). I’d get crazy with maybe 5 to 10k and put 500 in a crypto, 1000 in TEAM (Utah Jazz ownership, this stock has done well for me!), 1000 in electric vehicles, 1000 in virtual reality, Microsoft, googles, Tesla, Meta, etc.

Hookers and coke....

Over here? I'd buy and investment rental property, huge tax advantages