What's new

I'm not typically sappy like this...

TroutBum

My Member's Premium
Contributor
I can't believe that nobody has made a thread like this yet, so I suppose it's up to me.

I sincerely hope that all if you have a safe, joyous, and happy holiday season. I really love the diversity of the people on this board and I wish I could narrow it down to specific beliefs and traditions, but for whatever reason you have for the season, soak it up; find old friends, family, and loved ones. Be safe and be grateful. I could spend days going on about the things and people I'm grateful for, and as corny as it sounds, most of you fit in there somewhere. You all know who you are, and it doesn't matter if you met up with me for lunch one time, helped me swap out an alternator on my truck, hosted/attended a poker game in my honor, gave your support and money to my campaign, or even done some insurance business with me; I really do value those interactions and friendships. I've been fortunate over the years to have met almost everyone on this board, and without exception, you are all fantastic people.

As my family and I celebrate the birth of our Savior, our thoughts (because, yes, even Mrs.Trout knows who you are and what you've done) are with you and yours, and we truly hope that the coming year is full of excellent wonders, adventures, and good fortune. Stay safe on the roads, don't drink and drive, and we'll be back to our regularly scheduled douche-baggery as soon as humanly possible.

Love you guys,

Elvis "TroutBum" J. Wells-Dimera

I <3 trout

Attachments

• 1388034487702.jpg
    1388034487702.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 28
Trout, we care about you man. Please don't do anything that could put your freedom in jeopardy like dumpster diving at DI in '14.

Not gonna lie, this is my first year being a single - dad I felt pressure or guilty of having a great Christmas for my son. (Second Christmas single) I knew we'd have a good Christmas with family, but it was beyond depressing on Christmas Eve laying in bed with him in his crib next to me thinking I had no tree, gifts or decorations at my house and the next day was Christmas. I felt so very small. :/

Not gonna lie, this is my first year being a single - dad I felt pressure or guilty of having a great Christmas for my son. (Second Christmas single) I knew we'd have a good Christmas with family, but it was beyond depressing on Christmas Eve laying in bed with him in his crib next to me thinking I had no tree, gifts or decorations at my house and the next day was Christmas. I felt so very small. :/

I truly understand your feelings.
Please take this seriously and it is NOT cliche.

Kids, at any age, want us to hold them, love them, and spend a little time with them. The 'stuff' will ultimately mean not a damn thing.
You have everything any kid would want in a dad. Someone that's loving, kind, caring, nurturing, funny, and can be the super-dad.

Just do it and don't look back.

I truly understand your feelings.
Please take this seriously and it is NOT cliche.

Kids, at any age, want us to hold them, love them, and spend a little time with them. The 'stuff' will ultimately mean not a damn thing.
You have everything any kid would want in a dad. Someone that's loving, kind, caring, nurturing, funny, and can be the super-dad.

Just do it and don't look back.

I agree with all of that. He's young enough he'll never know the difference.

Also, get a damn tree Ebenezor.

I agree with all of that. He's young enough he'll never know the difference.

Also, get a damn tree Ebenezor.

Also, kids at any age are FAR more resilient than adults. They aren't nearly as shallow or hold a grudge like their parents do.