What's new

I'm starting to like this Hayward kid...

Hayward has become the player everyone wanted him to become in their dreams. I was skeptical, and am happy that it eventually was misplaced skepticism.

your posts in the 2010 draft thread are ****ing legendary (don't mean this to offend).

It was just awesome. The whole board was melting down.

your posts in the 2010 draft thread are ****ing legendary (don't mean this to offend).

It was just awesome. The whole board was melting down.

That was the closest I have ever come to actively quitting being a fan. Not joking. I absolutely hated that pick (wasn't sure who I wanted, though).

That was the closest I have ever come to actively quitting being a fan. Not joking. I absolutely hated that pick (wasn't sure who I wanted, though).

In various other threads that have been around since the draft I know myself and YB were leaning towards Xavier Henry but I didn't have a strong opinion towards any player that was left. All I knew is I did NOT want Babbit or Aldrich, from there it was a toss up and I wasn't exactly ecstatic about the pick, I wasn't upset I just sighed and shook my head.

So he'll never be an all-star, an elite shooter like a Horny or Korver, or the second coming of Bird, Pippen, Maravich, or God (I'm sure I'm missing some other comparisons I've heard here...too many to keep track of), and he's still turnover prone...but I'm okay with it. What really impresses me the most about the 2014-15 version of Gordon Hayward is, BY FAR, his tremendously improved strength. The dude plays like a beast now, fearlessly attacking he rim, and either scoring or going to the line whenever venturing into the paint. Last season, one of my big pet peeves about Hayward was his ineffectiveness in the paint and not being able finish. Honestly, he played (and looked) like a sissy last season, absolutely not the case this season. This kid is making me a fan...

Any good suggestions on where I can get a Hayward jersey in XXL? :D
Glad you're finall waking your *** up and getting with the program