What's new

I'm still behind this team 100%

I don't care how the media is spinning this - no one knows what the F went down besides those directly involved. The Jazz are as tightlipped about FO stuff as any (see, the draft, al jeff trade)...

The fact is Jerry's gone.

We still have the personnel to make a lot of noise this year. Hopefully Ty can figure out a rotation that makes it happen. I think he will!

Go Jazz!

If this team can't magically learn to play defense between now and April, they're toast in the playoffs. Sloan was a defense-minded coach. With him gone, what impetus is there for the team to learn defense now? Or will they try to be like the Warriors in 06-07 and out-gun the other team? We don't have the shooters for that.

If this team can't magically learn to play defense between now and April, they're toast in the playoffs. Sloan was a defense-minded coach. With him gone, what impetus is there for the team to learn defense now? Or will they try to be like the Warriors in 06-07 and out-gun the other team? We don't have the shooters for that.

Are you kidding? You act like Sloan is the end all of coaching...as if no other coaches preach defense? Whats wrong with you? Use your brain.

thats what is claimed. we have never been an elite defensive team. he was more of a hard-working-minded coach than anything. and i agree, without some sort of change, they will be dead in the water come april.

The sports hacks in this town are only interested in getting ears to the radio, eyes to the TV and papers.

They are always gonna milk the most sensational angle.

I will always back my Jazz. But I'm trying to watch these games on TNT tonight and it just seems hollow. I find no joy in it right now. I will watch the Jazz game tomorrow night, but I'm not sure what I will feel when I do.

I'll always be a Jazz fan but I'm not really into it right now. I hope Ty does great support him 100% but I'm undecided if I can cheer for all of these players right now. So many stories out there that I can't give Deron the benefit of the doubt. I can't really boo him but I can't cheer for him right now either.

Well, the spotlight is on Duron and KOC now. They better not suck or else Sloan is going to gain even more sympathy both locally and nationally.

I will always be a Jazzfan. Which is why I don't like seeing (if it's true) the rumors of the team placing Deron ahead of legends (like Sloan).

Truly, I don't think any ONE individual should be worshiped. Sloan is certainly culpable for this season. But from what it looks like (thus far), the Jazz are letting the inmates run the asylum.

Which is why I could care less if Deron left Utah to play for the Lakers. Don't let the door hit you on your way out. If Sloan decides to coach for the Spurs or Lakers, I wouldn't be upset.

This team will keep pushing and life will continue to roll forward. I just hope that fans don't become so attached to players or coaches that they forget the big picture.

I just hope that fans don't become so attached to players or coaches that they forget the big picture.

That might be true for SLC locals. But for a lot of other fans like me, Sloan was one of the vestiges of the Golden era besides John and Karl. He brought a certain personality to the team and he was a likeable guy himself. He defined the Jazz and that's the Jazz we have liked and rooted for all these years. This is not just about replacing a coach. This is about replacing the philosophy behind Jazz basketball and maybe the running of the franchise itself in some ways. This is a HUGE departure.
I am as feeling as sad as I felt in 2003 when John/Karl left. Even more, because atleast they had the time to plan their departure and leave on their own terms. You dont want an icon to go out like this.

This team will keep pushing and life will continue to roll forward. I just hope that fans don't become so attached to players or coaches that they forget the big picture.
I don't have any confidence that "fans" really know what the big picture is anymore. I know it's not a championship.

I don't have any confidence that "fans" really know what the big picture is anymore. I know it's not a championship.

Right, especially for those that think coaching was the issue and that was the only thing that held back this team from winning it all. Coaching was the least of the issues out there. Corbin or Van Gundy or whoever it is, is not going to win multiple championships with the team as constituted. And then for those that support Deron's attitude in this against Sloan, I wonder what they will do if an d when he decides to bolt. Because, if the Jazz dont make personnel changes they arent going to make much noise in the playoffs

Right, especially for those that think coaching was the issue and that was the only thing that held back this team from winning it all. Coaching was the least of the issues out there. Corbin or Van Gundy or whoever it is, is not going to win multiple championships with the team as constituted. And then for those that support Deron's attitude in this against Sloan, I wonder what they will do if an d when he decides to bolt. Because, if the Jazz dont make personnel changes they arent going to make much noise in the playoffs
You mean, we can't win with CJ and Watson being the only effective bench players...well at least every 3 games or so?
This is quite possibly the WEAKEST team from 1-10 the Utah Jazz have EVER fielded. That Sloan lasted this long into the season is miraculous. Deron didn't force Sloan out, it was Miller and KOC for not providing Jerry with 2-3 more decent players.