What's new

In contrast, how valuable is Favors on his contract?

Bodhi

Contributor
I had this thought today that with Hayward getting ~$16m, doesn't that make Favors contract an insanely valuable asset by contrast?

Not that I would want to move him but with the way free agency/cap in the future is looking, it would seem to be one of the better, young assets/contracts in the league.

So, I guess my question/point is, does that somewhat take the sting off Hayward's **** contract? Somewhat even it out?

****ing Hayward at $16m........Jesus.....

Reactions: ema
They say it only takes one lunatic executive with too much money and too little success to throw too much money at a free agent. So I'm not sure how much we can really glean from what Hayward was offered, especially since Parsons is better and got a smaller deal.

Favors doing everything right to get our love.

Taking a fair contract early to stay hear and now practicing with the summer league team...... showing up to the scrimmage (no burks, evan, kanter, etc)..... signing autographs..... building a foundation with coach snyder.

I even wore my favors jersey to the scrimmage tonight instead of my burks one cause i was grateful for him signing that deal last year

They say it only takes one lunatic executive with too much money and too little success to throw too much money at a free agent. So I'm not sure how much we can really glean from what Hayward was offered, especially since Parsons is better and got a smaller deal.

Lulz.

Lulz that parsons got a smaller real?

Cuz parsons is the better player. Unlike haybrick, he can shoot and make baskets.

Hayward is a nice shooter. Then again, anyone can shoot. You don't get points for shooting. It's about making shots.

Taking a fair contract early to stay hear and now practicing with the summer league team...... showing up to the scrimmage (no burks, evan, kanter, etc)..... signing autographs..... building a foundation with coach snyder.

I even wore my favors jersey to the scrimmage tonight instead of my burks one cause i was grateful for him signing that deal last year

Love Favors. Fwiw, I swear I heard burks was hanging with the rooks earlier this week.

I'm gonna go ahead and assume that if Hayward was on a team with Dwight Howard and James Harden, his shooting numbers would probably improve. And Hayward is younger.

Guys guys guys.....this a thread to show some love to our loyal guys. There are 39 other threads devoted to Hayward.

Great question. Last year I was VERY surprised that Favors didn't decide test the market. So I've been wondering if both Favors and Gordo were looking at the max, how many Gordo homers would match both and how many would chose Favors if it was only one. I'm guessing they'd match both. Most pro=matchers really have no real understanding of the money limitations involved. The ones that do understand are just flat-out Gordo homers who really, really want to believe he's going to blow up this year. Maybe he does and they look smart, but then again, we'll probably put a man on mars before then.

Great question. Last year I was VERY surprised that Favors didn't decide test the market. So I've been wondering if both Favors and Gordo were looking at the max, how many Gordo homers would match both and how many would chose Favors if it was only one. I'm guessing they'd match both. Most pro=matchers really have no real understanding of the money limitations involved. The ones that do understand are just flat-out Gordo homers who really, really want to believe he's going to blow up this year. Maybe he does and they look smart, but then again, we'll probably put a man on mars before then.

If I were GM for the Jazz, my #1 goal would be to improve. I would take risks by giving larger contracts to players I feel can help the team improve long-term. While Hayward is getting overpaid, i would risk it. With Favors, I feel like his lack of fire has limited his upside. I would only max Favors if I knew I could trade him. I like the guy, and hopefully Snyder can get more from him, but I have not been impressed with his growth since we acquired him.

But you have Hayward's?

Who has expressed they think Hayward will really blow up and be worth a max contract?

As one of the bigger supporters of matching Hayward, I don't think he will ever be worth the contract.

People point to the AK contract, but he really evolved into a player who was barely contributing at times (with injuries and just his overall game not fitting into what the Jazz were trying to do). I think Hayward's game will always be a positive for the Jazz. I think he will get better every year, but never really be worth his contract though.

I think that with the Salary cap increasing, then Hayward and Parsons salaries won't look all that unreasonable in 2-3 years. Favors contract will be awesome by then.

In responses to Favor's contract value. Very.

Favors has a chance to out-perform his contract, which is something Hayward has little to no chance of doing.

Also, he values stability over other things. So even if he is worth a max contract during his next UFA period, we can assume he will be very willing to sign here instead of bolting for a bigger market (assuming we are a competitive team that is fun to be on).

Even though I still think favors has to live up to his contract, I think we got him cheaper then if he was a RFA.

It's within $1M over the first three years. Hayward is likely to opt out after the third year as he can then sign up to a 5/30% deal .

Lets face it. A lot of people are mad at Cash Gordon getting so much money because Dfavors got so little in comparison. If Dfav got max as well people would actually be more ok with Gordons contract. It makes us think "man nice guys really do finish last" because we feel favors was being nice by making it happen.

I'm gonna go ahead and assume that if Hayward was on a team with Dwight Howard and James Harden, his shooting numbers would probably improve. And Hayward is younger.

Why would his shooting numbers improve joining a team that has a large majority of its offense being ran through an elite center and shooting guard with proven talent?? They are not going to cut out a section of their offensive sets to run the ball through a guy who averaged 16.5 ppg on a Utah Jazz team that won less than 30 games. Why would you even think that??

If he had just a bit more nasty to his game he'd be one of my favorite players ever for the Jazz.

I still have some blind hope he can be. He's had his moments a couple years ago for sure, but I'd love to see him play really pissed off sometime.

Lets face it. A lot of people are mad at Cash Gordon getting so much money because Dfavors got so little in comparison. If Dfav got max as well people would actually be more ok with Gordons contract. It makes us think "man nice guys really do finish last" because we feel favors was being nice by making it happen.

Ha haaaaaaaa. No.