What's new

Individual stats and rankings infographics

karpasov

So the 2nd day of the seminar I participated in was really good. I didn't have much time to play with the graphics but still I managed to make this -
bK2wNU.jpg

Remarks :

1. I used only the stats in which*Jazz*players were ranked amongst top 30 in the NBA (the green circles indicate NBA rankings as of October 25th, after last game of the preseason was played).

2. Data was taken from: NBA. COM, REAL-GM, FOX SPORTS, CBS SPORTS. (surprisingly, there were some minor inconsistencies between the sites).

3. I used the stats I thought were most interesting. Didn't had the time to run through all the endless possibilities.

4. As much as I hoped for, I didn't find any significant stat in which Enes was top 30. Bummer.

5. All research and graphics were made with a 5inch screen smartphone.

All in all, the "map" looks good. In some cases very good. The numbers confirm what the eyes saw, which is confident, strong performance from our key players. And the cool thing is that it's great numbers even in comparison to the rest of the league.

"It's only preseason", many might say, and to them I say - correct. It's preseason. But it is a highly successful one. And even though it might look different in the regular season, you can't take away this basic simple fact - the Jazz had an awesome preseason. An exceptional one. And as the infographics show - our leading players had an exceptional preseason too.

Now we need to be patient and see if the youth movement can continue to show us those trends in regular season. I think there are many reasons to believe they will.

Rudys numbers are kind of staggering.... he averaged more blocks and rebounds than favors, who is a good shot blocker and rebounder, in alot less minutes.

Rudy continues to impress

Rudys numbers are kind of staggering.... he averaged more blocks and rebounds than favors, who is a good shot blocker and rebounder, in alot less minutes.

Rudy continues to impress

Exactly what I got from the graphic, too. Love all Rudy's and Gordon's numbers and Alec's FTs. Nice work.

Thanks again for your research. If Gobert can become an average scorer and Favors could become a power forward with range, can you imagine how those 2 could could control the boards and protect the rim!

Still don't think Hayward is worth a max salary, but his stats look pretty good.

Burks rankings of 2nd in the league in free throw attempts per game and 11th in the league in points per game (almost top one third) is good for a shooting guard. Think how much he can improve with playing time.

Hope Burke becomes better than a slightly below average starting point guard in assist. Still excited to see what kind of point guard Exum becomes.

Down the line if the players develop like they should, I want to see a line-up of Exum at point guard, Burks at shooting guard, Hayward at small forward, Favors at power foward and Rudy at center.

This is useful information...

"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to karpasov again."