What's new

Ingles won't resent Jazz if dealt

Man I hope we can keep him while also improving the team. If we get to the promised land he deserves to be part of it, even if only from the bench. It would tear me up to see us figure out a way to get on track and win it all, but to have lost the heart and soul of the team in the process and see Joe on the outside looking in. Hopefully if we move him, it turns out he was with us long enough this year to be included in getting a ring if we manage to get there by some miracle.

Man I hope we can keep him while also improving the team. If we get to the promised land he deserves to be part of it, even if only from the bench. It would tear me up to see us figure out a way to get on track and win it all, but to have lost the heart and soul of the team in the process and see Joe on the outside looking in. Hopefully if we move him, it turns out he was with us long enough this year to be included in getting a ring if we manage to get there by some miracle.
I want to see him traded, traded again, then waived. Then we can sign him as a coach or whatever.

I know what Joe is saying, but the reality is that his market is cooked as he’ll be 35 coming back from a knee injury. If he comes back, it will be on a cheap 1-2 year deal where he’s not going to get many minutes. Is that going to appeal to him to put himself and his family through that life for another few years?

I know what Joe is saying, but the reality is that his market is cooked as he’ll be 35 coming back from a knee injury. If he comes back, it will be on a cheap 1-2 year deal where he’s not going to get many minutes. Is that going to appeal to him to put himself and his family through that life for another few years?
A few of my thoughts here:

- My initial thought would be what I would do if I were in his situation, and I'd probably end up spending the time with family.

- On the other hand, maybe he wants to go out on a different note, and staying in Utah and rehabbing honestly may still be 100% conducive to family life: no travel, more time at home, and Australia is in a very bizarre place with COVID for the foreseeable future. Perhaps the timing isn't right on a return back home.

- They're established here with numerous things with their kids. Obviously they'll eventually leave, but staying to rehab allows him to do this under a good situation where they're already settled and he doesn't have to rehab while also shifting their life around.

- It's not about the money, but even being able to continue to rehab while collecting a vet minimum contract is a pretty sweet gig.

- Leave on his own terms.

LOL. You think Joe is misinformed? The man knows the game better than pretty much anyone in the league. He knows roster building. He knows his limitations.

A few of my thoughts here:

- My initial thought would be what I would do if I were in his situation, and I'd probably end up spending the time with family.

- On the other hand, maybe he wants to go out on a different note, and staying in Utah and rehabbing honestly may still be 100% conducive to family life: no travel, more time at home, and Australia is in a very bizarre place with COVID for the foreseeable future. Perhaps the timing isn't right on a return back home.

- They're established here with numerous things with their kids. Obviously they'll eventually leave, but staying to rehab allows him to do this under a good situation where they're already settled and he doesn't have to rehab while also shifting their life around.

- It's not about the money, but even being able to continue to rehab while collecting a vet minimum contract is a pretty sweet gig.

- Leave on his own terms.
I think he wants one more olympic run too... so he needs to get better and still be a useable player. Playing in the NBA does that for him. We trade him... he gets waived. In the offseason we call a team and tell him to sign him to a minimum and trade him to us. Time to call in all those DL favors... "Hey Massai... remember the Cold Matthew trade... Can you sign Joe and send him to us for cash considerations in 30 days. TIA"

I think he wants one more olympic run too... so he needs to get better and still be a useable player. Playing in the NBA does that for him. We trade him... he gets waived. In the offseason we call a team and tell him to sign him to a minimum and trade him to us. Time to call in all those DL favors... "Hey Massai... remember the Cold Matthew trade... Can you sign Joe and send him to us for cash considerations in 30 days. TIA"
I know the stipulation is a year from being able to sign a guy you traded, but I’ve never read what constitutes “a year” and if that clock resets by the season.

I know the stipulation is a year from being able to sign a guy you traded, but I’ve never read what constitutes “a year” and if that clock resets by the season.
No idea. I think they can figure something out.

According to Dan Clayton they changed that rule, so the Jazz should be able to sign him on July 1st if they want to.

uh... Joe will work rehab with Mike Elliot "whom he trust completely" according to @tribjazz...
DM will resent this, doesn't he?
Can't wait for media reporting on Mitchell passive-aggressive approach to Joe now....

I wonder if he can still rehab and work out at the Jazz practice facility if he gets traded? I guess there are probably rules against thsat.