What's new

Interested in Patrick Beverley?

Darkwing Duck

Trey Burke for Beverley straight up.

Numbers are similar, but Beverley helps the Jazz more with his skill set. More defense (despite the numbers) and better 3pt% at the cost of playmaking.

Houston wants to cut salary if they're trading Howard to make a run at free agents this coming off season. Beverley has two more guaranteed years of declining salary starting at $6M with a third year of a team option. Stop gap starter or backup to Exum.

Jazz have enough room under the salary cap to absorb this deal.

I wouldn't hate it, but you have to get assets back too. Can't just be a salary dump for a veteran. They've got to give more than just Beverley. Trey may not be much on defense, but he's certainly been decent in his role in offense. I think he's rehabbed his value to the point that he's a positive asset. Have to cash that in instead of using him as trade filler.

I think the Jazz can do better than Beverley.

I wouldn't hate it, but you have to get assets back too. Can't just be a salary dump for a veteran. They've got to give more than just Beverley. Trey may not be much on defense, but he's certainly been decent in his role in offense. I think he's rehabbed his value to the point that he's a positive asset. Have to cash that in instead of using him as trade filler.

We need a defensive PG more than a shooting PG off the bench. Trey has been doing his damage with Burks out. When Burks comes back, he'll fill that role and more.

Beverly would be great. He's a defensive stud and can do more than he's currently asked to... We'd actually have to give more than just trey.

The over-evaluation of Jazz players, and under evaluation of other teams' players, on this forum is hilarious.

"No way I'd give Booker for Teague. He's our energy guy"
"Beverely for Burke? No thanks. You gotta include great young players and picks".

ROFL. Such comedy.

Are the rockets shopping Beverley? I'm not sure what they would want from us(they don't want Burke) that we'd be willing to part with anyway.

I wouldn't hate it, but you have to get assets back too...

I think Burke for Beverly is a fair deal. Sure, we can do better but only if we are willing to give up more assets, not receive them

I would do Burke for Beverly straight up in a heartbeat.

But why would Houston do it? If they're looking to shave salary Beverly is low on the list of guys to dump.

It helps them with their free agency cap space this summer, and Mr. Pleasure Yacht will always be able to recruit talented players around him.

I would love this far more than Teague. Beverly is much more likely to be retained, and he works perfectly with what we have on the wings.

It helps them with their free agency cap space this summer, and Mr. Pleasure Yacht will always be able to recruit talented players around him.

I would love this far more than Teague. Beverly is much more likely to be retained, and he works perfectly with what we have on the wings.

My guess is they're trying to unload Lawson, Howard, Brewer and Ariza in that order.

Beverly's production to contract is exceptional - they're not going to just hand him over without Utah taking on one of their toxic deals or to another team in a three way.

What's his contract like? Its sounds like the Jazz would like a stop gap pg that isn't under contract much longer than next year. I think it would be a good move, but I don't think Burke gets you him.

He is the perfect PG for Harden... Plays defense and doesn't need the ball. He has a good contract. They won't sell him low.