What's new

Interesting Article On Rudy Haters.

Brsn

"It was also revealing to hear Green speak to an older generation of NBA superstars about the status quo of the league at such length, and in such an unusual television context. One of the many takeaways from their hours-long informal riff session was just how little Draymond—and, we can deduce from elsewhere, the rest of the sport’s stars—respects Utah Jazz center Rudy Gobert. “We aint nothing alike,” Green said of Gobert, who has won the Defensive Player of The Year trophy three times in his career. If you heard his tone on the broadcast, you would understand Draymond to be not taking the issue lightly."

I thought that this was an interesting article about all the Gobert hate around the league.

Article: https://basketball.realgm.com/analysis/265935/Everyone-Loves-Dunking-On-Rudy-Gobert

"It was also revealing to hear Green speak to an older generation of NBA superstars about the status quo of the league at such length, and in such an unusual television context. One of the many takeaways from their hours-long informal riff session was just how little Draymond—and, we can deduce from elsewhere, the rest of the sport’s stars—respects Utah Jazz center Rudy Gobert. “We aint nothing alike,” Green said of Gobert, who has won the Defensive Player of The Year trophy three times in his career. If you heard his tone on the broadcast, you would understand Draymond to be not taking the issue lightly."

I thought that this was an interesting article about all the Gobert hate around the league.

Article: https://basketball.realgm.com/analysis/265935/Everyone-Loves-Dunking-On-Rudy-Gobert
This was a great part here...

This is despite the fact that what happened to Gobert’s Jazz against the Clippers was a testament to Utah’s overreliance on Gobert, rather than a display of his limits. As Gobert was lured out beyond his dominant spot near the rim and Los Angeles got their lay-up line going, while also kicking out for incredibly open three-pointers, Gobert’s plentiful haters said he was being “played off the floor,” and couldn’t contend on the perimeter. But earlier in the exact same series, Gobert had delivered a game-winning block of an attempted three-point shot. He is more than capable of walling men off beyond his truest comfort zone. What went down was that the defensive dereliction of everyone else on his team was suddenly exposed, and the one man who had been holding them down all along was now faced with stains that no single person can wash away on their own.

I think many people have tried to blame the Rudy hate on one this or that, which I think the article did a good job providing controls that counter that. My view is that there are minor contributors that help push it, such as his personality, but that this has arisen in the same way high school dynamics do. Sure, some kids really are cool and some kids really are not, but the vast majority of what fuels that is really independent of all of it and people get comfortable with expectations or reputations. Somewhere at the end of the Hayward era, I believe, was when KD started throwing some thinly-veiled and unnecessary shade. Hayward definitely wasn’t in the cool kids’ club and Rudy started to rise from those ashes as Donovan was new. I’d say that a well-liked player (amongst other players) offering an opinion is going to be contagious. And likewise for who’s considered cool.

*I misspelled Rudy initially and it autocorrected to Zeus, for whatever that’s worth.

I have a big problem with how the media and society make Draymond Green seem cool yet Rudy Gobert seems like a tool.

Draymond Green is the biggest crybaby I've seen play the game maybe ever. He's gotten away with groin kicks and other shenanigans. If he was the 2nd best player on the team, that team would never escape the lottery.

I think many people have tried to blame the Rudy hate on one this or that, which I think the article did a good job providing controls that counter that. My view is that there are minor contributors that help push it, such as his personality, but that this has arisen in the same way high school dynamics do. Sure, some kids really are cool and some kids really are not, but the vast majority of what fuels that is really independent of all of it and people get comfortable with expectations or reputations. Somewhere at the end of the Hayward era, I believe, was when KD started throwing some thinly-veiled and unnecessary shade. Hayward definitely wasn’t in the cool kids’ club and Rudy started to rise from those ashes as Donovan was new. I’d say that a well-liked player (amongst other players) offering an opinion is going to be contagious. And likewise for who’s considered cool.

*I misspelled Rudy initially and it autocorrected to Zeus, for whatever that’s worth.
It’s basically this. One really loud bully decides to openly mock a guy and the rest of the school kinda follows along. KD kinda said stuff earlier but it wasn’t the open mocking and it was more technical. It honestly made sense when KD said it because he scores so well in the midrange and from the perimeter that a player like Rudy really doesn’t bother him much.

Green is just a sophomoric bully who is loud as hell and has some influence. He’s decided to make Rudy his main target in part because they go for the same individual prize each year. To take the analogy further Rudy got the girl they were both after and now Green can’t stand it “how that nerdy foreigner get her and not me?!?!?”

It really sucks for Rudy. Would be great if this was a Disney movie cuz it means Rudy gets the trophy and green is stuck at home when all his friends turn their backs on him.

I do not believe Pippen was very disrespected by his peers.
MJ went 1-10 in playoff games without Pippen. Without MJ, Pippen led the Bulls to only two more losses when MJ went to baseball. Pip took that team a game from the East Finals.

Somehow MJ is the greatest all time and Pippen gets zero credit.

Kareem gets discounted because he got to play with Magic. MJ never gets discounted because he got to play with the best #2 of all time.

Sent from my SM-A516U using JazzFanz mobile app

MJ went 1-10 in playoff games without Pippen. Without MJ, Pippen led the Bulls to only two more losses when MJ went to baseball. Pip took that team a game from the East Finals.

Somehow MJ is the greatest all time and Pippen gets zero credit.

Kareem gets discounted because he got to play with Magic. MJ never gets discounted because he got to play with the best #2 of all time.

Sent from my SM-A516U using JazzFanz mobile app
The article is about the disrespect of Gobert amongst his peers.

I have no idea what tangent you're going on about.

I think it was all due to his showing the tiniest bit of sensitivity. If you can't make "grab'em by the *****" jokes in the locker room and say "****'em all" when you don't get what you aspired to, and you show some passion about your career, then you are obviously the "*****" (alternate word for cat if that gets blanked out) and worthy of not just dismissal but contempt and derision. The one thing that they danced around but didn't get into head on is toxic masculinity. Anyone want to know why Rudy is not respected? They cannot and will not respect a *****. It started before the crying incident, but picked up ungodly steam at that point. Its more an indictment of everyone else in the league at this point, not Rudy, for anyone with the balls to see it for what it is.

[see what I did there?]

Three main factors:

1. He is tall
2. He is foreign
3. He is not traditionally skilled and gets a lot of recognition

Skilled players are always jealous of taller/athletically gifted players without traditional skill because they see them as being less deserving of their ability.

Giannis got similar hate as well but now he has a ring so he's more undeniable.

I have a big problem with how the media and society make Draymond Green seem cool yet Rudy Gobert seems like a tool.

Draymond Green is the biggest crybaby I've seen play the game maybe ever. He's gotten away with groin kicks and other shenanigans. If he was the 2nd best player on the team, that team would never escape the lottery.
It's rings culture. If you have rings you have an authority level in the NBA. It's just how it is and something you endlessly promote in here with your rhetoric.