What's new

Interesting Article

Justys

The Jazz our rumored to be making Paul Millsap available. But they also are said to be holding open the possibility of moving Al Jefferson in a larger deal if they can get Kanter, a deal that could net them a shooting guard, like Monta Ellis or Kevin Martin with Golden State at No. 11 and Houston No. 14. So then Utah would go big.

NBA.com

Just thought that was interesting when I read it. Ellis and the 11 for Big Al I would be more interested in Ellis, Beidrins, 11th pick for Big Al, Okur

Harris, Jimmer
Ellis, Miles
Hayward, Singleton
Favors, Millsap
Biedrins, Kanter

The Jazz our rumored to be making Paul Millsap available. But they also are said to be holding open the possibility of moving Al Jefferson in a larger deal if they can get Kanter, a deal that could net them a shooting guard, like Monta Ellis or Kevin Martin with Golden State at No. 11 and Houston No. 14. So then Utah would go big.

NBA.com

Just thought that was interesting when I read it. Ellis and the 11 for Big Al I would be more interested in Ellis, Beidrins, 11th pick for Big Al, Okur

Harris, Jimmer
Ellis, Miles
Hayward, Singleton
Favors, Millsap
Biedrins, Kanter

Biedrins blows. I don't know why anyone would want him

Jason Lloyd: Something to keep in mind: Kings are bleeding $$ & hold 7th pick. You fill in the blanks

another interesting tweet.

I wonder if Utah could get the 7th pick for taking on the long term contract Garcia, Udirch for Memo? And with the 7th pick Utah could pick up Leonard, Burk, or maybe Vesley. And if there is a lock out its not to much money to be takin on for another piece to add to the future core

And if the Kings our in that bad of shape $ wise. Okur would be perfect becasue insurance is goign to cover 80 percent of his contract.

Okur has no value. He won't be traded unless we give an asset along with him, for nothing in return.

I wouldn't say that. At worst you would get an 11 million dollar contract expire at the end of the year. At best, he could return healthy and stretch the floor well and be a great option off the bench

Jason Lloyd: Something to keep in mind: Kings are bleeding $$ & hold 7th pick. You fill in the blanks

another interesting tweet.

I wonder if Utah could get the 7th pick for taking on the long term contract Garcia, Udirch for Memo? And with the 7th pick Utah could pick up Leonard, Burk, or maybe Vesley. And if there is a lock out its not to much money to be takin on for another piece to add to the future core

And if the Kings our in that bad of shape $ wise. Okur would be perfect becasue insurance is goign to cover 80 percent of his contract.

Insuance only kicks in if Okur can't play. He will, so that won't be a factor at all. It's not a situation like Harpring. But Okur does have value as an expiring contract. I don't see the Jazz doing it, though. Okur will come off the books after this year and put the Jazz in a lot better shape. If relatively healthy, Okur could be signed as a very good backup. I think he wants to remain with the Jazz. Centers are tough to find. Evaluate him after this year and offer him a deal at 1/2 his current salary to play behind Jefferson or Kanter.

I'd rather keep Okur and only trade for Ellis. Then draft Klay Thompson and Jimmer. Singleton is good but I think the Jazz will ultimately resign Kirilenko and let go of Fesenko, Elson and Price.

Harris/Jimmer/Watson
Ellis/Thompson/Bell
Hayward/AK/Miles
Favors/Millsap
Kanter/Okur

Ulimately I doubt the Jazz would trade for a 2 since Hayward seems to play that position better than the 3. Since Iggy and Granger are on the trading block, the Jazz would probably trade with them as GS isn't sure if they want to trade Ellis or keep the Curry/Ellis combo.

I think Biedrins also has a clause in his contract that increases his salary if he gets traded. I remember it being a problem when they were talking of moving him last February.

i would like to see hayward at 2 instead of 3. It gives him a much better advantage

NBA.com

Harris, Jimmer
Ellis, Miles
Hayward, Singleton
Favors, Millsap
Biedrins, Kanter

YESSSSSSS! The Jazz need shooters and a real SG!

YESSSSSSS! The Jazz need shooters and a real SG!

whats a real SG? ben gordon? ray allen? korver?

i would prefer to see an all around player like hayward at 2 where he can get advantage against many players. We saw how well he defended kobe, and he can defend any 2 including wade. But he will have problems with lebron, carmelo, durant...

whats a real SG? ben gordon? ray allen? korver?

i would prefer to see an all around player like hayward at 2 where he can get advantage against many players. We saw how well he defended kobe, and he can defend any 2 including wade. But he will have problems with lebron, carmelo, durant...
Exactly. Hayward is at the 2 so he can post up or just shoot over smaller SG's. He loses that advantage at the 3.

NBA.com's Sam Smith said:
The Jazz is rumored to be making Paul Millsap available. But they also are said to be holding open the possibility of moving Al Jefferson in a larger deal if they can get Kanter
"If they can get Kanter"? What is he talking about here?