What's new

Interesting charts of salaries of players adjusted for Win Share

Mr. McGibblets

Here is a photo album that shows charts of each NBA team and player salaries adjusted based on performance. The chart lists the roster of players and their 2012-2013 salaries and what the players' salaries would be based on Win Share. No real surprise about the Jazz results.
vgwuEIBh.png

Here is a link to the photo album listing the results for each team:

https://imgur.com/a/zDdi1#UhJWONC

Here is the Jazz chart, but it's really large and not as easy to read as the image posted here due to the size:

https://i.imgur.com/vgwuEIBh.png

Here is a bit smaller version: https://i.imgur.com/vgwuEIBh

Source via www.reddit.com/r/nba

Make some kind of chart that makes Jeremy Evans look really good. Ill need it for my closing argument.

Here's some basic cliff notes:
  • Red is good green is bad :)
  • Millsap got you just as many wins as Al for half the price
  • Hayward was off the charts for what he was paid since he was on a rookie
  • JYD kills everyone in the value category
  • According to this metric Foye was not only a contributor, but came at a decent price

I did an analysis along these lines to show Millsap was a bargain around the Miracle in Miami time. Seems it remained relatively true.

Last edited:
Somebody tell me what it says.

well what the first 2 columns are doing is seeing how much of the team's payroll is going towards a player and comparing it to how much percent he has towards the team's wins shares

for example, Jefferson's salary takes up 22.4% of the payroll and he's responsible for 18.9% of it's wins shares and then it has the difference in green/red

I think the 3rd column is adjusting the salaries to the salary cap and not actual payroll (67 mil vs 58mil)

well what the first 2 columns are doing is seeing how much of the team's payroll is going towards a player and comparing it to how much percent he has towards the team's wins shares

for example, Jefferson's salary takes up 22.4% of the payroll and he's responsible for 18.9% of it's wins shares and then it has the difference in green/red

I think the 3rd column is adjusting the salaries to the salary cap and not actual payroll (67 mil vs 58mil)

What's with all the colors?

So, Millsap and Al had much higher win share per 48 minutes than any of our young players (except for Evans), and Burks had much lower WS/48 than Marvin and Foye?

How could it be? Is the dominant perception of the relative value for the Jazz players completely wrong or is the win share a useless statistic?

P.S. No surprise that most of our young players are cost-effective: the rookie salary scale is loved by the teams for a reason.

If you follow the link and look at GSW....... it says that they just let go their #3 and #4 win shares players who were at decent salary go (jack & landry) and replaced them with overpaid Iggy who would have ranked 5th for win share on the GSW last season and Speights who's winshares were half of Landry's.

In short--the Warios got worse and are paying more.

rsz_wario_pose.jpg

Go Warrios !!!!

Last edited:

Anyone remember that scene in Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back, where Jay and Bob finally make it to Hollywood and explain to Tracy Morgan's character what they were doing in Hollyweird?

And then Tracy Morgans all "I dunno what the F*** you just said little kid.. but you special man"

I feel like Tracy Morgan after reading this post.

If I knew how the Win Share statistics works I'd rep you ;) I have read it several times and was always too lazy to try to understand the concept of the stat. Seems like I'm still lazy.