What's new

Interesting idea

chemdude1232

Why not trade AK for Iguodala?

More specifically, to make the contracts match:

AK ($17.8M) for Iguodala ($12.3M) + Lou Williams ($5.0M).

Lou Williams is a PG who could nicely slot in behind Deron and had some decent averages last year (14 pts, 4 asts while shooting .470).

Iguodala would be a good addition to the team at the 3-position.

What do you guys think? Would you guys like this trade? Conversely, is it "the most worthless trade ever brought up on this forum?" (or however y'all word things like that).

What a fascinating analysis of *why* it's not interesting, TICC. Glad you could expatiate your concerns in such a unique, awesome manner.

Definitely not the most worthless. Far from it.
I just don't see the 76er's making the deal right now.

Anybody trading a starter for AK is basically saying they're headed into rebuilding mode since AK is an expiring contract, not a building block (otherwise you'd just grab him as a FA). I don't see very many teams out there willing to admit they're done for the season.

I also like having AK as insurance right now behind Millsap. With Okur's status unknown, Jefferson may have to play all his time at the 5. I'd rather have KOC try to find a true center. Then Jefferson can split time between the 4 and 5.

If Hayward develops, Jazz may not need a SF. CJ, Raja and Gordon could be a nice trio at the 2/3 for the next few years. I'm also not counting out AK yet. I've been a huge critic, but I'm willing to give AK another look this year. With Boozer gone and with bringing in Raja and his defensive nastiness, it could be a very different season for AK. Maybe Utah is finally ready to emphasize defense...and that would play right into AK's strengths.

What a fascinating analysis of *why* it's not interesting, TICC. Glad you could expatiate your concerns in such a unique, awesome manner.
As much as Some folks seem to hate AK, he's at least as effective on the Jazz as Iggy would be (he can be effective without the ball, plays better D, knows the system, etc.). Further, the Jazz only have to pay AK for one more season, while they'd be on the hook for $56mil over 4 seasons with Iggy (ick). It would be like regretting the AK signing, and then continuing the stupidity for 3 additional years.

No thanks.

Also, announcing that your idea is "interesting" is inviting insult if it's not.