What's new

Interesting Luther Wright video

Video unavailable.

Jazz pay him $153,000 a year up until 2021.

Certainly one of the strangest Jazz stories. I was so excited when he was drafted. I don't begrudge Luther anything, and wish him well. PJ was selfish and deceitful. He used a poor kid and lied to the Jazz to advance his own career.

Jazz pay him $153,000 a year up until 2021.

Certainly one of the strangest Jazz stories. I was so excited when he was drafted. I don't begrudge Luther anything, and wish him well. PJ was selfish and deceitful. He used a poor kid and lied to the Jazz to advance his own career.
Please remind me how PJ plays into this. The parts of the story I can recall certainly are strange. Amazing if true that the Jazz have been paying him so much money for so long. I wish the best for Luther.

PJ was Luther's coach at Seton Hall, as I recall the Laydens or Dave Friedman thought they were friends with PJ. He told them Luther was fine everything was okay. Later it was discovered Luther had exhibited symptoms and episodes while at Seton Hall. PJ lied to the Jazz, and possibly others to get his "Recruit" into the NBA. PJ jumped to the NBA himself the next year.

I feel bad for making Luther Wright jokes all these years. Glad to hear he is getting his life back on track.

I apologize in advance for any future Luther Wright jokes that may slip out.

To this day I can't drive by that I-80 rest stop where he had the breakdown without thinking of Luther. Sad for the guy. Very telling and tragic that in the video he admits that he quit working as soon as he signed his contract.

It disgusts me knowing that there are so many child molesters. It's sickening to think about the pain and suffering the victims get from their experiences. No matter how long ago it happened, it still ****s them up. Must be awful.

I just found out Wright lived in South Jordan when he lived out here. That's cool (that's where I live.)

I kinda get a Mike Tyson vibe when he talks.

This is a good video also. Wright is pretty open and it's great to see him change. He got molested by 2 males and 1 female growing up. I feel bad for him.

This is a good video also. Wright is pretty open and it's great to see him change. He got molested by 2 males and 1 female growing up. I feel bad for him.

Great video. Great to see him doing well. And hats of to the Jazz organisation for arranging to have him paid the way they did.

PJ was Luther's coach at Seton Hall, as I recall the Laydens or Dave Friedman thought they were friends with PJ. He told them Luther was fine everything was okay. Later it was discovered Luther had exhibited symptoms and episodes while at Seton Hall. PJ lied to the Jazz, and possibly others to get his "Recruit" into the NBA. PJ jumped to the NBA himself the next year.

PJ was coming to NBA regardless - he turned around Seton Hall's program and made them an NCAA power house in a state where people don't really care all that much about college basketball. He did more than enough to deserve a shot in the NBA with or without Wright.

As for PJ vouching for Wright - what can you say, it was 26 years ago. Mental illness in sports wasn't discussed or understood back then. I'm sure he felt he was just protecting the kid.

While I'd love to think that NBA has gotten better when it comes to mental health, the recent Tyreke Evans suspension makes me think otherwise.

Last edited: