What's new

Introductory Press Conference info?

TheGobertReport

Usually the day after the draft there is a stream of the press conference with Lindsey, Snyder and the picks. I didn't see it this year on UtahJazz.com. Any info on it?

It's a change Lindsey wanted to make, previously they would rush the new player out of New York to Utah, then back to their home so they can quickly pack and come back to Salt Lake for three weeks of summer league.

It was red eye flights and a bunch of commotion.

Now the draftee goes home after the draft and comes in to Salt Lake City a couple days before summer league.

I think it gives the player and the FO time to decompress after all the draft hype.

Maybe the intro press conference is about all the off-season acquisitions should DL make a deal before the July 1 deadline with all that space.

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app

It's supposedly starting soon, but I don't know if the Jazz will have a live feed for it.

Started 8 minutes ago I believe. They postponed it to today so that when they got to Utah they could stay in town for SL.

Also the Jazz announced that all their SL games will be broadcast on KJAZZ

Donovan Mitchell is going to be a strait up stud. Couldn't have landed in a better situation than going to Utah. Perfect fit for his game. He's going to THRIVE under Snyder. Love the confidence and work ethic. People are going to look back and wonder how in the hell he ended up in Utah.

The Jazz seem to be avoiding putting any decisionmaker(DL, Starks, Quin) in front of a mic before FA. It seems like they've chosen to do the presentation in media availability form - the players answered questions for journalists, then for fans, then they are doing the rounds on radio and other media. None of those require DL to be there.

The Jazz seem to be avoiding putting any decisionmaker(DL, Starks, Quin) in front of a mic before FA. It seems like they've chosen to do the presentation in media availability form - the players answered questions for journalists, then for fans, then they are doing the rounds on radio and other media. None of those require DL to be there.
That's because he's too busy trying to trade for Paul George right now.

I like this format much better than sitting the owner, GM, coach and player on the podium to answer the predictable questions and give the predictable responses.

So those Facebook live videos of the 3 draftees answering questions was the press conference, or was there more stuff?