What's new

Is a Deron Williams, Blake Griffin, Dwight Howard Combo possible in L.A.

BluesRocker

Banned
You bet it is! Looking at the Clippers salaries and the option to amnesty a player next year they they will have plenty of room. They also have options on Eric Gordon and Deandre Jordan. Along with 2 first round picks next year. They could trade for Dwight and wait for Deron, or just wait for Both. If those players are smart they will consider this. Dwight wants to be in L.A. and Deron just wants to win. If the Clippers are smart and throw everything they have at Dwight. Their is no way Deron couldn't consider it. And considering who is gonna be in play for Deron next year. This is the most likely place. Dallas can get under the cap. But why go play with an aging Dirk and no one else. Boston is old. Chris Paul will complete the three in new york. The only interesting destinations for Deron to choose next year is Dallas (because of Cuban and that being his home town) New Jersey,Orlando, the Clippers, and strangley enough Utah. If Derrick Favors and Gordon Hayward have break out years, and Burks and Kanter show lots of promise. And say the Jazz win 50. They could make it work salary wise with the amensty in play next year. I think Deron even has a house here still. Why wouldn't Deron. If he just wants to win. He knows he would be welcomed back with open arms. I know I'm dreaming big but it's fun to dream. My prediction is that he will end up with the Clippers with or without Dwight. They have a very nice roster. And Deron and Blake showed some chemistry in the All-Star Game. I can see it. They would officially be my second favorite team. I would enjoy seeing them kick the Lakers around in there own building. The only road block I see is that the Clippers owner isn't know for spending.

Last edited:
I'll have to see the Clippers become a power team to believe it.

The Clippers do have trade assets they can use to trade with Orlando, including an unprotected pick from Minnesota for this 2012 draft, I think. However, as impressive as Blake Griffin is as a player, he needs to develop a couple go-to moves, a better jumper, and he needs to play defense. In other words, he hasn't proven that he can win yet.

Why do the Clippers really care?

There's the argument of bigger bank, but even under the new CBA that requires more risk.

If you understand Sterling, and the economic picture of LA, then you question how much he cares about a good team, let alone a superteam.Clippers are bulletproof, as the team for people who are fans of the Utahs, Bostons, and even LALs.

Clippers are bulletproof, as the team for people who are fans of the Utahs, Bostons, and even LALs.
What does this mean? If you are saying that the Clippers are more interested in marketing their opponents than their own players you have an odd way of saying it, but I agree completely. I'd be stunned to see that team turn into a contender with their current ownership. It is simply not in Sterling's DNA.

I've been a Clippers fan for many years now. It would be awesome to see something like that happen, especially for the long-term fans who stuck with the Clips despite the Lakers being in town. It'll be very amusing to watch the other team in LA suddenly become the cool team.

This is more likely to happen for the Lakers. After the shennanigans that brought in Gasol for little more than a mouldy ham sandwich, I am sure the back-room elves would be able to deliver such a Christmas package to the NBA Golden Children.

Wilt, Kareem, Shaq. Howard wants to play in LA alright. For the Lakers. Not the Clips. The Lakers will find a way to get this done (Gasol/Bynum, someone else, two 1sts and maybe even something else I'd presume) and the Clips will **** this up like they **** everything else up.

Deron said he is 90% likely to re-sign with New Jersey. I take that as if the Nets don't seriously f*** up in FA or made any bad trades, he will re-sign.