What's new

is Brandon Knight the answer?

A PG for this team would just end up being Monta Ellis or Jennings as long as we have no shooters.

Without shooters, Millsap, Jefferson, and Favors cannot post up.
Without shooters, all of our curl routes are futile.
Without shooters, we cannot keep up with all the 3 point gunning teams.
Without shooters, our offense looks like crap.
Without shooters, it quite honestly doesn't matter who plays PG for us.

We need to draft SFs/SGs... Preferably ones that can put the ball in the hoop from long range.

Yes, we're missing Duron right now. But we're missing the shooting of Korver, Matthews, and Memo a hell of a lot more.

Besides, didn't we learn the last time that a bigtime PG more often than not can't get the job done? I mean, just look, CP3, Duron, Kidd, Nash, etc aren't anything without shooters.

Here's the problem with Knight. If he came into the draft out of high school, he'd be lucky to go late first. If he went to Kentucky last year, he'd be Eric Bledsoe. In this draft, he's top 5. I like stuff about him. He's got good size, good (not Westbrook) speed, and there is reason to believe he could mature into a really good PG. But he's just not the caliber of guy you would ever normally draft Top 5.

Here's the problem with Knight. If he came into the draft out of high school, he'd be lucky to go late first. If he went to Kentucky last year, he'd be Eric Bledsoe. In this draft, he's top 5. I like stuff about him. He's got good size, good (not Westbrook) speed, and there is reason to believe he could mature into a really good PG. But he's just not the caliber of guy you would ever normally draft Top 5.

Brandon Knight (born December 2, 1991 in Miami, Florida), is an American college basketball player for the University of Kentucky. He is a 6-foot-3, 175-pound point guard. He was the winner of the 2009 and 2010 Gatorade National Boys Basketball Player of the Year Award. He became just the third junior to receive the prestigious award following LeBron James (2002 and 2003) and Greg Oden (2005 and 2006).[1]

Brandon Knight (born December 2, 1991 in Miami, Florida), is an American college basketball player for the University of Kentucky. He is a 6-foot-3, 175-pound point guard. He was the winner of the 2009 and 2010 Gatorade National Boys Basketball Player of the Year Award. He became just the third junior to receive the prestigious award following LeBron James (2002 and 2003) and Greg Oden (2005 and 2006).[1]

Oddly enough, Gatorade has a great history in this. I would almost be tempted to jump on board.

He has all-star potential, and is a force at both ends. We could use one of those.

There is a player with all-star potential at every position in the draft, why not draft one of them that we actually need?
So we are just going to bench sap and favors and play him instead? Thats a great idea, bench sap and favors and play him alongside Bell and CJ.

If the Jazz draft Williams, they ought to start Al Jeff, Favors, Williams, Hayward and Harris, with Millsap and Miles coming off the bench.

If the Jazz draft Barnes, they ought to start Al Jeff, Favors, Barnes, Hayward and Harris, with Millsap and Miles coming off the bench.

So it's a question of whether you want Barnes as a spot-up shooter out on the wing with Hayward, or Williams as a player who can actually wreak havoc, draw double teams and get to the line. Both can play decent defense.

I like both players. Barnes has the better shooting stroke, but I think Williams is the better scorer and will have the bigger impact overall that'll translate to more wins.

There is some redundancy between Williams and Millsap, but I think Williams is the better talent.

If the Jazz draft Williams, they ought to start Al Jeff, Favors, Williams, Hayward and Harris, with Millsap and Miles coming off the bench.

If the Jazz draft Barnes, they ought to start Al Jeff, Favors, Barnes, Hayward and Harris, with Millsap and Miles coming off the bench.

So it's a question of whether you want Barnes as a spot-up shooter out on the wing with Hayward, or Williams as a player who can actually wreak havoc, draw double teams and get to the line. Both can play decent defense.

I like both players. Barnes has the better shooting stroke, but I think Williams is the better scorer and will have the bigger impact overall that'll translate to more wins.

There is some redundancy between Williams and Millsap, but I think Williams is the better talent.

Williams resembles Deng or Antawan Jamison or even The Truth much more than Millsap IMO.

For me, Knight, Williams, and Barnes all have that IT factor. They all want the ball in their hands at the end of games and they come up big in the clutch. That is what I want because this team needs a true leader going forward.

Barnes has a lot more potential. The most weaknesses he has is about making decisions or some flaws about being unexperienced. If he fulfills his potential he can be a guy like carmelo. Derrick williams seems like he can give more help quicker, but i dont see him as a guy who would be a superstar. He may be a quality player but nothing more

For me, Knight, Williams, and Barnes all have that IT factor. They all want the ball in their hands at the end of games and they come up big in the clutch. That is what I want because this team needs a true leader going forward.

i agree, we need a guy who leads the team with his personality also , not only quality
Deron was too controversial to his teammates time to time, he lacked that important part in his personality being a good team leader.He was rather a floor leader

Barnes has a lot more potential. The most weaknesses he has is about making decisions or some flaws about being unexperienced. If he fulfills his potential he can be a guy like carmelo. Derrick williams seems like he can give more help quicker, but i dont see him as a guy who would be a superstar. He may be a quality player but nothing more

I see Derrick Williams as being the better comparison to Carmello and Paul Pierce. Derrick Willams has great power, explosiveness and footwork and the potential for a great mid-range game.

I see Barnes as comparable to Deng or Allan Houston, reason being he can't get by anyone off the dribble. Not to say he couldn't develop a couple change-of-pace moves.

Anyone can have any thoughts about Barnes as a future pro. What is not disputable is the fact he wasn't anything close to what Melo was at Syracuse. Melo's stats dwarf Barnes but whatever on that. If you ever saw Melo play in college, you absolutely knew he was both the best athlete and the best player on the floor of any game he played in.

For fun, it's worth noting that in the 2003 draft Melo went third. Lebron, Milicik, Melo, Bosh, and Wade rounded out the top 5. Admittedly, that's a pretty rare Top 5. But it's "normal" for the fact that most years the Top 5 includes that kind of talent whether they miss or not. This draft doesn't have one guy who you can point to and say would be in the Top 5 of any draft.

To me Knight screams Jason Terry. I can live with that as the sixth pick in a weak draft. Even if we do get Knight with are first pick I still want Nolan Smith. Smith would be the playmaker the Jazz badly need, and Knight the scorer. We would have lots of solid guys around them like Favors, Al, Millsap, and Hayward. We need someone to set them up.

Hear is what the roster would look like next year, or couple years from now.

Pg. Smith Knight watson
Sg. Knight Hayward shooter
Sf. Hayward Miles Shooter
Pf. Favors Millsap Evans
C. Al Favors Memo

I did not include Harris I say trade him for a role player that can shoot and a future first.

Some might say draft Walker over Smith, but Walker is more of a creater for himself then for others. Smith can do both and is bigger and plays defense, and is as good a shooter as Walker.

Do NOT waste a top 5 pick on a PG. It is proven every year you can win a ring without a top flight PG. Build around another position, IMO.

Let us know if you see any Shaqs, Duncans, Wades, Ginobilis, or Kobes in the draft, please.

Also, by your thinking, drafting Marvin Williams ahead of Deron and Chris Paul was a wise move. ****ing brilliant.

Let us know if you see any Shaqs, Duncans, Wades, Ginobilis, or Kobes in the draft, please.

Also, by your thinking, drafting Marvin Williams ahead of Deron and Chris Paul was a wise move. ****ing brilliant.

Or you could just use your brain and understand that a 6th man out of NC shouldn't have ever gone in the top 5. Idiot.

Anyone can have any thoughts about Barnes as a future pro. What is not disputable is the fact he wasn't anything close to what Melo was at Syracuse. Melo's stats dwarf Barnes but whatever on that. If you ever saw Melo play in college, you absolutely knew he was both the best athlete and the best player on the floor of any game he played in.

For fun, it's worth noting that in the 2003 draft Melo went third. Lebron, Milicik, Melo, Bosh, and Wade rounded out the top 5. Admittedly, that's a pretty rare Top 5. But it's "normal" for the fact that most years the Top 5 includes that kind of talent whether they miss or not. This draft doesn't have one guy who you can point to and say would be in the Top 5 of any draft.

You don't think Derrick Williams would have been in any other year? I'll give you Irving because of his lack of games played...Barnes too...but Williams stats are pretty scary.

You don't think Derrick Williams would have been in any other year? I'll give you Irving because of his lack of games played...Barnes too...but Williams stats are pretty scary.

I can see Williams at the 4 or 5 in other drafts. And yeah, Irving could have vaulted into a legit 1-3 relatively with a full season of college dominance. So what I said is not totally fair. I just think its weird that the 1-2 in this draft includes two guys that you really don't know has superstar DNA.