What's new

Is Ian Clark better than Trey Burke

Is Ian Clark better than Trey Burke?

• Total voters

NAOS

This is a serious question. Clark can play D. And, I think it's a safe bet that he could duplicate or improve on Trey's percentages.

That's like asking whether I'd like ranch or blue cheese in my **** sandwich.

This thread has great potential. In fact I see a series of threads comparing Trey to every 2 nd & 3rd string pg in the league. It could be so fun!

Even better question would be "Can Ian Clark be any worse than Trey Burke?"

The answer is yes. Trey, at his best, is actually pretty good at getting the team in the offense and providing some natural PG abilities that don't show up in the stat sheet. The problem is that his natural inclination as a scoring PG doesn't work in the NBA like it did in college. He has to stop trying to be the player he was at Michigan and reinvent his game. Going to be hard to do that on this team though now that Burks is out for the year, Hood is going to miss a lot of games, and Kanter is even going to miss some.

I do agree Clark is a much better defender. Actually thought during preseason that Clark was our best off-ball defender when it came to being able to avoid being screened. Not sure about him on-ball vs. NBA PG's though. I'm sure that he can't be any worse than Trey in that regard though.

Can someone please tweet the poll to Trey's mom? I bet she'd like to give her two cents

Also, IMO, Burke is a case for NOT playing rookies (and players who are generally not ready to play) major minutes. Think Quin kind of knows this and is partially the reason why he is protecting Exum from playing too much at the expense of Burke.

I still think Trey is better overall. I do like Clark but I doubt he could run the offense very well. When Burke isn't jacking up shots he's actually a haflway decent PG

When we drafted Burke, I had visions of him running pic'n rolls all night. Sadly, he's become a very poor catch 'n shoot player who can't shoot. Sometimes, it seems Quin's offense is to throw it around the perimeter until someone is brave enough to shoot it. I was at the game Friday night, and I thought Ian Clark did a better job on Teague than Trey did. I wish Exum was ready to play heavy minutes.