What's new

Is it common...

whatthe

To have a really good team like the Jazz have most of their good players with such low picks?

I have heard that you have a lottery pick to have a small chance at a starter...but the vast majority of the Jazz is compromised super bad draft position picks? Are the Jazz doomed, because these players suck? Or they don't suck and eventually the good players stick regardless of draft position and the Jazz have look beyond the position to find good players? What is it? Is it really true that a low pick will turn into a sucky player?

Jordan Clarkson - 46th pick.
Bojan Bogdanovic - 31st pick
Joe Ingles - Undrafted
Royce O'Neale - Undrafted
Georges Niang - 50th pick
Rudy Gobert - 27th pick

To have a really good team like the Jazz have most of their good players with such low picks?

I have heard that you have a lottery pick to have a small chance at a starter...but the vast majority of the Jazz is compromised super bad draft position picks? Are the Jazz doomed, because these players suck? Or they don't suck and eventually the good players stick regardless of draft position and the Jazz have look beyond the position to find good players? What is it? Is it really true that a low pick will turn into a sucky player?

Jordan Clarkson - 46th pick.
Bojan Bogdanovic - 31st pick
Joe Ingles - Undrafted
Royce O'Neale - Undrafted
Georges Niang - 50th pick
Rudy Gobert - 27th pick
No. One example is the Spurs. Parker was mid to late 20’s Ginobil was second round.

Raptors won the title without any players that were picked really high I believe.

In the late 90s, our two highest picked guys on the roster were Olden Polynice (#8) and Armen Gilliam (#2). I think Todd Fuller may have been a high draft pick but I’ll have to look that up.

Okay wow. Todd Fuller was the #11 pick and I didn’t realize we traded for him after his second season. We traded a second round pick.

giphy.gif