What's new

Is it really that far fetched to see D will in Jazz uni again?

You guys should put ur money where ur mouth is.
How about a friendly wager? Loser leaves this forum forever, no coming back under different alias either, mod will permaban our IP.
If Deron Williams signs with the Jazz this off-season, I leave. If he doesn't, both of you leave.
Deal? I'm down. You guys are probably too chicken though and don't really believe the BS you spew.

Apparently you are unfamiliar with sarcasm.

u seem upset. why?
btw i decline ur wager since i do not win in any of the possible scenarios and would be forced to lie but i appreciate ur offer friend.
you and anyone else are also welcome to join in on the bet i proposed btw.
Chicken.

NUMERICA talks big on Jazzfanz like he's a tough guy, but the fact of the matter is, he's just a **** with a guitar pick.

Back to the topic, the only Jazz uniform I want Deron is is his old one. I hope he wears it every night and cries about how he threw away the best thing he ever had. Bitch.

NUMERICA talks big on Jazzfanz like he's a tough guy, but the fact of the matter is, he's just a **** with a guitar pick.

Back to the topic, the only Jazz uniform I want Deron is is his old one. I hope he wears it every night and cries about how he threw away the best thing he ever had. Bitch.

****! Repping that ****!

I hope that Deron reaches the WCF on the Mavs 2 years from now right before Dirk retires, and is beaten down by a Jazz team in a 4-0 sweep. After the game he cries, wondering while he ever left Utah while trying to comfort Dirk and Mark Cuban.

The end.

No thanks, he's got that bad temperament which just ruins team chemistry.

I like how we're rebuilding this team as a humble-together-Christian based team without 1 big star that'll dictate terms.

Look at the Knicks - they have 2 big stars and they're still struggling to qualify for playoffs.

Christian based team?

That's true, this team is totally Christian. Or do you mean that we have humble players, and only Christians are humble? In which case, that's true too! I like the way you think, thanks for sharing!

- Craig

Christian based team?

That's true, this team is totally Christian. Or do you mean that we have humble players, and only Christians are humble? In which case, that's true too! I like the way you think, thanks for sharing!

- Craig

Kanter is from Turkey. Are we sure he's Christian? If not, better keep the other bigs and get rid of Enes.

Hell no.

Even if he wanted to come back I wouldn't want him.

Who wants to pay the max for an overrated PG? We need to be saving those pennies for big time players like Favors, Kanter, Hayward, Burks, etc. They ain't gonna be on rookie contracts forever! Trust me, big time franchises like Portland, Dallas, and LA would love to get their hands on someone like Favors. Utah isn't exactly the greatest place, so we're going to have to overpay to keep most of our current rookies/2nd year dudes.

Haha, people here calling Deron overrated. At the start of last season there were people here that would've gone to war with anyone that suggested that Deron was anything short of the best PG in the league.

But he's had a down year so clearly he's "overrated" and "not even top 5". Especially that 57 points in 38 minutes he dropped a few months ago. What a scrub!

Probably so. Well unless the Jazz move to another state, which is impossible IMO. I got that idea from D-Will's words about the city life when he was playing for Beşiktaş in İstanbul. I'm pretty sure that he's keen to big and cosmopolit cities. He foresaw the movement of Nets to Brooklyn, and I guess he'll stay there. Unless LA wants him or smth.

Haha, people here calling Deron overrated. At the start of last season there were people here that would've gone to war with anyone that suggested that Deron was anything short of the best PG in the league.

But he's had a down year so clearly he's "overrated" and "not even top 5". Especially that 57 points in 38 minutes he dropped a few months ago. What a scrub!
He was in a brawl for top PG with Nash and CP3 2 years ago. Now he is hands down worse than CP3, Nash, Westbrook, Rose, Rondo if I need a PG for tomorrow game. Not necessarily in this order. Only then Kidd, DWill, Lawson and rest.
If I have to sign a PG for next 5 years I'll be picking from: Rondo, CP3, Rubio, Rose, Westbrook, Irving, Lawson.
Sorry, DWill is no longer top 3 or even top 5 PG after his abysmal play last 2 years.

I hope that Deron reaches the WCF on the Mavs 2 years from now right before Dirk retires, and is beaten down by a Jazz team in a 4-0 sweep. After the game he cries, wondering while he ever left Utah while trying to comfort Dirk and Mark Cuban.

The end.

This is clay aiken.

Jamaal Tinsley is a better PG than the most. He's just frightened of other PGs start mass-suiciding if he triple-doubled every game the Oscar Robertson way.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O48YzqafpoE

Last edited:

The end.

Yes, because if he had stayed we would obviously have been gifted Favors, Kanter and Burks by the Nets for Okurs expiring contract...

This.
Deron burned his bridges. He was a cancer on the court. You simply cannot have players refuse to run plays and openly defy a coach.

This.
Deron burned his bridges. He was a cancer on the court. You simply cannot have players refuse to run plays and openly defy a coach.

This comment and other comments like it are so astonishingly ignorant of the realities of professional sports, I don't even really want to respond. I'm only doing so because I'm bored, so what the hell. I guarantee you, 99 percent of the great players in the history of the NBA have openly defied a coach at one point or another. 99 percent of the great players in the history of the NBA have had significant conflicts with a head coach and/or front office and/or teammates.

It happens. All. The. Time. It's not uncommon.

There's this absurd fantasy among people on this board that Deron was some rare egomaniacal case study who somehow destroyed the team because of behavior that is completely commonplace around not just the NBA, but pro sports in general. Is all of what Deron did defensible? No, of course not. But that's not the point. The idea that some of you (including Jazz FO) have that the Jazz should somehow be the one franchise in the league that shouldn't have to deal with a star who's a bit of a headache is completely ridiculous. Every single superstar player in the NBA is a diva. EVERY SINGLE ONE. Exceptions are extremely rare.

Karl Malone was a diva and a headache. Michael Jordan was a diva and a headache. So was Larry Bird. So was Magic Johnson. So was Wilt Chamberlain. So was Kareem. So was Shaq. So was Hakeem Olajuwon. So was Barkley. So was Scottie Pippen. So is Dwyane Wade. So is LeBron. So is Chris Paul. So is Paul Pierce. So is Kevin Garnett. So is Dwight Howard. So is Dirk Nowitzki. So is Kobe Bryant. So are Durant and Westbrook. So is Kevin Love. So is Blake Griffin. This is reality.

"He was a cancer on the court." For god's sake. No he wasn't. The team won and won and won with him on the court, for several years. He made teammates immeasurably better. The problems he ended up being a part of and/or causing are regrettable and I'm not defending them per se, but they're par for the course. Keep in mind, for the first 6 or 7 years of Jordan's career, lots of people thought he was just a selfish a**hole.

Someone in an earlier post suggested that we should just keep going with the kind of team we have now. Which is an adorable sentiment, except you have virtually zero chance to win anything if you build a team like that and avoid superstars simply because you don't want to deal with their attitude. Want to keep plugging along with our current plan with no stars? Great. Then your ceiling is the 2011 post-Carmelo Denver Nuggets. Congratulations.

And I only say that because it's been true throughout, oh I don't know, the entire history of the NBA. Except, I guess, that Pistons team a few years back - but that's the exception, not the rule, and that team an uncommonly dominant defense, and it was still kind of a fluke that they won. (And even despite having a true superstar, they still had their share of divas. Chauncey? Rip? Sheed?)

Anyway, I'm rambling, but point being: Anyone moaning about D-Will's attitude and how the team is "better off without him," or how they wouldn't want him even if he wanted to come back, need to get a clue. He's obviously not re-signing with the Jazz, but adding him to this team would be a massive, massive improvement. Any suggestion otherwise is absurd.

The Jazz should go for DWill -- they have an inside track, I think. Yes, he's a bit of a diva but also worth the hassles it brings. I'm sure if LHM were still here, he would go after DWill, but then I think if LHM were still here, he never would've traded him, but would've took him under his wing and ironed out the problems.

IMO, you cut loose Bell, Howard, and trade Jeremy and Harris for picks, and bring back DWill and AK and sign CJ if you can make it work salarywise -- this may also mean we need to trade Big Al for picks ??? (though Big Al is starting to convert me). I'm no GM, so not sure how this works. I'd like to keep Watson and Tinsley as backup points.