What's new

Is Marshon Brooks the next Kobe Bryant? -- David Thorpe said no

Kobe Bryant was not Kobe Bryant coming out of high school, he was a unknown senior who had to work on the things he did to become who he is now. Marshon Brooks is not Kobe Bryant right now, but if worked on the things he needs too he very well could become the next Kobe Bryant.

An interesting thing is if the Jazz took Brooks at #12 (which I would be very excited if they did), that is right where Kobe was drafted #13 by the Hornets.

Also Kobe is known for having tiny hands. I like how Thorpe says he has big hands, losing credibility.

I dont need Thorpe to know that Brooks is WAAAAAY over rated.
Lots of stupid low IQ ballers...pass on this one please.

Brooks can still develop his game, yes, but he is already 22 years old and athleticism cannot be developed. I think what Thorpe is trying to say is that he is more Morris Almond than Kobe Bryant.

Thorpe: Fesenko is not Shaquille O'Neal

To the contrary,

This is a far cry from the glowing reviews Thorpe used to give Fesenko:

"[Fess is] really really smart . . . and huge"(August 29, 2007);

"[the] sleeper of the draft . . . think Biedrins and Pachulia combined-relentless in the paint and very coordinated. I call him "White Shaq" . . . One scout told me that he'd have been a top 10 pick had he played American college ball this past year . . . " (Thorpe, ESPN, August 22, 2007)

https://allthatjazzbasketball.blogspot.com/2008/07/moment-of-truth.html

Brooks seems like he imitates Kobe in how he plays, but his game and potential impact--assuming he's coachable--could be close to Brandon Roy.

Brooks seems like he imitates Kobe in how he plays, but his game and potential impact--assuming he's coachable--could be close to Brandon Roy.

Brandon Roy can and has passed. Roy was savvy and took good shots. Both of those ideas are the antithesis of everything Brooks has shown.

The prospect that I heard people compared to Brandon Roy is Alec Burks. I hope the Jazz can get him with the #12 pick.