What's new

Is Mike Conley Coming Back?

Well is he?

• Yup

Votes: 13 20.3%
  • Nope

Votes: 51 79.7%

• Total voters
When he played the family card I thought 100% for sure he was gone but him playing golf with Royce and the Minivan and his family and the Ingles family hanging out, now I'm not so sure. It might require resigning the Minivan too.
I want to bring Mike back and would even be okay with an overpay if only one year of the deal is guaranteed. We need to be able to pivot to a rebuild next year if that’s where things are.

The minivan can come back on a minimum deal. Otherwise, we strip down the minivan for parts. Georges provides cheap shooting and is a playable end of rotation guy in the regular season and some playoff matchups. I would not spend more than a minimum contract on the minivan.

We need to get lucky in the draft, find a trade that works for Ingles/Bogey/Clarkson that brings us some perimeter defense, find a way to offload Fav without giving up a significant asset, and purge the end of the bench G-league guys except for Forrest and replace them with a combo of vets and new young guys. Worst case in replacing all of them is that we end up with nothing from those spots, which is exactly where we are now. It’s a zero risk move, with only upside potential. None of the current guys will make us regret cutting them. If there was something there, we’d have seen it already.

We shouldn't hate Conley - aside from not staying healthy and being massively overpaid, he's never done anything wrong to this community or this team. And if he comes back, he's your starting 1 with the asterisk that we've got to find some capable bench scorers not named Clarkson backing him up.

The team won’t be any better with him in the starting lineup. If Conley was our sixth man we could afford to trade JC for an upgrade 4 or 5.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He didnt want to come here the first two times. Jazz overpaid to get him.

Jazz might overpay again to keep him I suppose.

When he played the family card I thought 100% for sure he was gone but him playing golf with Royce and the Minivan and his family and the Ingles family hanging out, now I'm not so sure. It might require resigning the Minivan too.

You're the ****ing GM work it out.

I want Conley back at whatever price Smith is willing to pay if the deal only has one year fully guaranteed.

I want Mike Conley back on a two year guaranteed if it can be done for $15mil per year or less.

I want no part of Mike Conley on a three year guaranteed deal for any price.

Where's @GVC. I think its Conley or nobody due to cap, unless we work a S&T

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using JazzFanz mobile app
This is it exactly. If Conley walks we cannot replace him. They have to get him to stay... but you do not want to give him a three year contract. That's what he's going to want though. I guess the question is what the market's like. Would any team give him three years?

Just glancing at roster salaries over the next few years and if the Jazz bring back Mike it can't be for too much or for too long. I understand the potential that you lose him for nothing this summer but I'd prefer cutting the losses now over potentially hamstringing future free agencies 2+ years down the road. Most I'd do is 2 years $20m and even at that I'd be a little wary considering he hasn't been the healthiest of players while in Utah and isn't getting any younger.

The only way we can keep Mike is to get a legit backup pg to give him plenty of rest during the season, like not playing him on back-to-back. I think Neto could've supplied that role for the Jazz, or someone like him.