What's new

Isaiah Thomas to the Stars

This is Ainge’s repayment for IT putting his health and career on the line for a playoff run that saw DA not wanting to “back up the Brinks truck” but to trade him to Cleveland.

Danny Ainge olive branch
Olive branch, maybe... but hard to read most posted articles when they make assumptions without any review of the past. Chris Smith's piece said Ainge involved... but a 5 second search on internet indicates IT had very hard feelings about Ainge

Olive branch, maybe... but hard to read most posted articles when they make assumptions without any review of the past. Chris Smith's piece said Ainge involved... but a 5 second search on internet indicates IT had very hard feelings about Ainge

Yeah, that you be the point of the olive branch my dude.

IT has been mad at Danny. Danny is giving him an opportunity as a way to extend an olive branch.

I think it's entirely possible that Danny Ainge regrets how that situation turned out. I've sometimes wondered if our Danny Ainge is the softer/less robotic version.

Let's hope not, lol.
There isn't a lot of evidence to suggest he's gotten softer. We did hear he moved Bogey upon request, but he ended up moving him to Detroit, so not the nicest move.

I would prefer that we have good people in our organization than monsters. What happened to IT was pretty horrible, and I actually hope that DA does have some regrets there. I think it's possible to be a good person and good GM.

There isn't a lot of evidence to suggest he's gotten softer. We did hear he moved Bogey upon request, but he ended up moving him to Detroit, so not the nicest move.

I would prefer that we have good people in our organization than monsters. What happened to IT was pretty horrible, and I actually hope that DA does have some regrets there. I think it's possible to be a good person and good GM.
The IT thing was bad. No question about it.

The flip side is, part of his brilliant track record is is shrewdness. It's unfortunate but there is a cold, calculated streak to anyone who rises to that echelon. I won't support any truly evil decisions, but have no issue with non-emotional, dispassionate basketball decisions with minimal concern for hurt feelings.

The IT thing was bad. No question about it.

The flip side is, part of his brilliant track record is is shrewdness. It's unfortunate but there is a cold, calculated streak to anyone who rises to that echelon. I won't support any truly evil decisions, but have no issue with non-emotional, dispassionate basketball decisions with minimal concern for hurt feelings.
It’s much easier to support the Raul Lopez post-injury treatment than the IT treatment.