What's new

israel flotilla situation?

wat does it matter duck?

31354_1324996685544_1249692967_30811815_5696940_n.jpg

I'm reading that Iran has offered to protect the next flotilla into Gaza.

This may be the showdown with Isreal that Iran has been itching for.

Why does Israel have tanks and Palestine doesn't? I'd say because one culture is simply more effective/successful than the other. Sorry there are losers in the world, but Palestine is a big time loser.

Yeah, it has absolutely nothing to do with Israel being the number one recipient of foreign aid from the United States year after year.

This brings up one of my favorite pro-Israeli aggression paradoxes: In one breath, you'll hear talk about how strong and tough Israel is, and in the next breath you'll hear about how Israel is "surrounded by enemies" or "fighting for its survival." Israel is either the strongest nation in the Middle East, or just hanging on by a thread, depending on the mood of the speaker. This also jives with how whenever Israel "acts in self-defense," it's the other side with all the casualties, like in this case.

And now that I've dared question Israel's actions, let the accusations of anti-Semitisim and anti-Zionism begin, since that always seems to be the first retort.

Last edited:
These innocent people elected Hamas to represent them and they are paying the price. If you elect a party that is violently opposed to the one power in the region that can grant you independence. If you elect a party that is listed as a terrorist organisation by the only countries with the power to influence Israel. If you elect a political party that has a rocky relationship with the neighbouring countries who are sympathetic to your cause. You cannot complain about the consequences, can you?

These are not children, they made their choice in 2006 and now they are stuck with it until they can get their act together and hold their much delayed elections. Then they will get the opportunity to make a choice that will actually give them a chance of getting what they want.

you presume to believe that a free election with real, clear viable candidates, was possible? I'm not sure that was the case.

Well to each their own.

These innocent people elected Hamas to represent them and they are paying the price. If you elect a party that is violently opposed to the one power in the region that can grant you independence. If you elect a party that is listed as a terrorist organisation by the only countries with the power to influence Israel. If you elect a political party that has a rocky relationship with the neighbouring countries who are sympathetic to your cause. You cannot complain about the consequences, can you?

These are not children, they made their choice in 2006 and now they are stuck with it until they can get their act together and hold their much delayed elections. Then they will get the opportunity to make a choice that will actually give them a chance of getting what they want.

This is a very ethnocentric view of the situation. We're talking about Palestine, not the United States. The world, especially the Muslim and Middle Eastern world, just doesn't work this way.

well the people should rise up and revolt THEN.
but i guess they are happy with the way things are

NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF THE PEOPLE

wat does it matter duck?

Woah there Dutchie, I was just curious because you are a lot closer to the situation than most of the rest of us.

This war is a done deal as far as I'm concerned:

https://www.debka.com/article/8841/

Not that this rumor is new, but if it picks up any traction, there is going to be problems. So you have Bin Laden/Nukes/Economic reasons/Iran guiding flotillas.....this thing could start before the end of summer.

in other news...
https://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100609/ap_on_re_mi_ea/gaza_blockade

JERUSALEM – Israel eased a three-year blockade of Gaza Wednesday to allow in some previously banned food items in an effort to defuse the worldwide furor over its deadly raid on a Gaza-bound international flotilla. But critics said the step falls far short of what is needed in the impoverished Palestinian territory.

In the first tangible step to temper the uproar caused by last week's raid, Israel only narrowly expanded the list of items that can enter by adding little more than snack foods and spices. It did not permit the most sought after items, such as cement, steel and other materials needed to rebuild the war-devastated territory and it was unlikely to ease international pressure.

"The international community is united in seeking an urgent and fundamental change in Israel's policy of blockading Gaza," said Maxwel Gaylard, the U.N.'s most senior humanitarian official in the Palestinian territories. "A modest expansion of the restrictive list of goods allowed into Gaza falls well short of what is needed. We need a fundamental change and an opening of crossings for commercial goods."

in theory, the Israelis are merely trying to keep out weapons, or materials that can be used to produce weapons - - but in actuality they are trying to starve the Palestinians and prevent even rudimentary rebuilding of schools, clinics and other basic infrastructure - - and in effect, completely halting the ability of the Palestians to be self-sustaining without kow-towing to Hamas, since Hamas is able to supply these basic supplies through underground channels.

Woah there Dutchie, I was just curious because you are a lot closer to the situation than most of the rest of us.

This war is a done deal as far as I'm concerned:

https://www.debka.com/article/8841/

Not that this rumor is new, but if it picks up any traction, there is going to be problems. So you have Bin Laden/Nukes/Economic reasons/Iran guiding flotillas.....this thing could start before the end of summer.

yes i am a jew. so no matter where i am on earth i am still close to the situatoin

Seriously, this is like complaining because you ran a police DUI checkpoint and the cops used force to stop you. Tough ****! You knew what you were doing (or maybe not if you ran it because you were drunk). Besides, there is no way for the Israeli forces to know what was on the boat when it is running the blockade.

Honestly sounds like an intentionally provoked incident to me. Not sure they intended to get anyone killed, but then again, Palestinians routinely strap explosives to young men (boys, really) and send them onto buses and into shopping centers full of women and children, so it's hard to say.

I bet that the same aid could have been shipped to Gaza with Israeli consent if they'd only tried to get Israeli consent.
You know you're talking about murdering civilians, right?

But what should I expect from a proxy Zionist?

P.S. You Zionist ***-holes know that Israel (and the U.S. in effect) are the only parties involved that have refused the 2-state solution, right? Those bad-guys in Hamas agreed to it, the PLO agreed to it, everyone has agreed to it. Except Israel.

But hey, let's keep focusing on "terrorism" against Israel, but not the 'police-action' of bulldozing entire Palestinian neighborhoods by Israelis and massacres that go unreported that have occurred with regularity since '48. If it wears a towel on its head, it's bad. Simple, clean, but most of all, totally sensical.

See if you can find where I hid the sarcasm.

Israel's blockade is legal unless it is declared illegal by the UN Security Council.

The vessel in question had declared its intent to run the blockade. Under the laws of the sea a neutral vessel can be boarded or attacked if it runs a blockade.

The fact that the ship was in international waters is irrelevant as blockades historically occur in international waters or the waters of your enemy. Why would anyone blockade their own ports?

The Israeli boarding was legitimate, if the Turks disagree they have two options. Complain to the UNSC and attempt to get them to declare the blockade as illegal or declare war on Israel.

I will pose a question. If you are pulled over by a police officer and he begins an illegal search of your vehicle are you entitled to attack him? Do you believe a court of law is going to greenlight an assault of a police officer under those circumstances? Of course not. That is why you allow the search to continue and you fight it out in court after the fact.

I have no pity for these people on the ship. They declared their intent to run the blockade. Their intention was to create an incident or invalidate the blockade by sailing right through.

They whipped themselves into a frenzy knowing the Israeli's could be on the way and attacked armed men and complain about the consequences.
And if a police officer murdered someone for what you're talking about, people would be outraged.

How you or anyone can defend such villainy is beyond my comprehension.

What the hell are you even talking about, NUMBERICA? I'm not sure how to interpret your posts.

Oh no, on a large boat with a lot of people, they had cutlery, pocket-knives, chains, and other common tools? Certainly worthy of a death-sentence.

Consider us all Dutchjazzered.

did you see the videos the commandos got attacked

waht happens when u attack commandos:p

everyone knows it. if they are retarded not to know well than they die its just evolution. survival of the fittest.

EVOLUTION we dont need retards otherwise what happens in the movie idiocracy will happen inr eal life

And if a police officer murdered someone for what you're talking about, people would be outraged.

How you or anyone can defend such villainy is beyond my comprehension.

not if you start beating on the cops with sticks guns chains throwing him 10 feet down from the side of the road etc etc.
then the cop will surely pull his gun