What's new

It really is amazing what this team has been able to do with no shooting.

sgjazzfan

PLAYER FGM FGA FG% 3PM 3PA 3P%
Josh Howard, SF .409 0.2 1.0 .182
C.J. Miles, SF .373 0.7 2.4 .303
Gordon Hayward, SG .408 0.6 2.3 .281
Devin Harris, PG .350 1.0 3.1 .318
Alec Burks, G .429 0.2 0.5 .286
Raja Bell, SG .426 0.6 2.1 .310
Earl Watson, PG .435 0.1 0.9 .167
Jeremy Evans, SF .833 0.0 0.0 .000

These are our shooters, guards and SF's. Raja Bell gets a lot of a gruff, but he's really the best we have right now. Harris has a slightly better 3 point percentage, but shoots 35 % overall. Burks has a slightly better FG %, but most of that is layups and he can't hit the 3 yet. Evans has a great FG %, but thats all dunks. This is really atrocious. Something needs to change.

Agreed.
Of the listed players who has the most potential to become a consistent outside shooter?
Who will get there quickest? Anyone this year?

I thought Harris was a much better shooter than he really is. Guest that's why Dallas unloaded him in his prime. They knew he couldn't shoot straight...so they traded him to N.J. for Jason Kidd....a real dead eye shooter!!!:D

you're laughing, so i guess that is sarcasm?
Kidd used to be a weak shooter.
This just proves that a player can improve aspects of his game, if he has the desire and a supportive environment.

Agreed.
Of the listed players who has the most potential to become a consistent outside shooter?
Who will get there quickest? Anyone this year?

Hayward has to be the only one. CJ is anything but consistent. I think Raja will stay where he is. Burks is a long ways away. Maybe Howard will help a bit. Harris is only as high as he is because of the start to his season. Earl is a distributor. Evans has no chance.

Yes, the Jazz have no consistent shooters to balance the inside scoring of Millsap-BigAl duo, and that will probably cause the Jazz to lose much more frequently once teams well-coached like Mavs decide to take either Paul or BigAl's offense.

In those situations, BigAl tends to force too many Js instead of passing to the cutters and punishing opponent's double-teams. I do not know why, maybe he feels like he can make those shots at a high %. Frankly, he has been very efficient on offensive end in crunch time, but still it bothers me to watch him take contested 10-15 footers late in games.

One might argue that the Jazz are 9-5 despite the poor shooting performance from guards and wings and they will only get better b/c some of those players eventually, at some point, will consistently score from outside. That might turn out to be true only if the Jazz can adjust to defensive precautions for our bigs and start the games ata fast tempo to accomplish the floor spacing more comfortably as games go on.