What's new

"It's just one game"

How many minutes did Favors and Kanter get tonight? Oh, not many? Only one game, I suppose. It will be nice when the deadline passes and they can get minutes because at that point we won't be showcasing the vets.

The Jazz are going to need a go-to player. We don't really have one, although Burks is probably the closest talentwise.

How many minutes did Favors and Kanter get tonight? Oh, not many? Only one game, I suppose. It will be nice when the deadline passes and they can get minutes because at that point we won't be showcasing the vets.

Al subbed in at the 5 minute mark. He is easily our best offensive closer. I honestly don't know what you people expect. Defense is great and all, but your best player always needs to be in during the last final minutes, unless there is another player that has stepped up to the plate. Hayward damn-near pulled it off. And I'm happy for him, because this will definitely be a learning experience for him, and I know he won't forget this game anytime soon.

The Jazz are going to need a go-to player. We don't really have one, although Burks is probably the closest talentwise.
Agree. If Burks can significantly improve his outside shooting, I think he could be our closer, especially since he's pretty much the only player on the team that can create his own shot. Hayward can score throughout the game but he always seems to disappear or play out of control when it counts.

It's just one game guys.

Says Flip Saunders.

100_0083.JPG
Strawberry in May.

Quick question... What would have been Larry's reaction to losses to the hornets, queens, or tonight's ancient celtics team? What would his reaction have been to that Houston 50 pt beat down? "Just one game?"

Can I just say that the first part of the fourth quarter was the most excited I've been in like, 15 games?

Because it was amazing.

I wonder what made that first part of the fourth quarter exciting and fun.

Hmm...

Paul Pierce wasn't in the game destroying us?

Corbin is like Nero...fiddling while Rome burned.

"Just one game ... it don't matter..."

"Hey, we're goin' to the playoffs ... it don't matter."

It's just one game. The one I didn't watch. Like the others I haven't been watching for a couple of months now. It's not worth waking up at 3-5 a.m.

Celts were there for the taking. They played with great energy, but were completely gassed at the end. We missed too many shots when the game was tied 93 all.
That was when it was right there for us. You have to put away a tired old team on the back end of a b2b.

Celts were there for the taking. They played with great energy, but were completely gassed at the end. We missed too many shots when the game was tied 93 all.
That was when it was right there for us. You have to put away a tired old team on the back end of a b2b.

....without question, the two most pathetic losses in possibly a decade came this year at home: the loss to the Bulls coming off a long road trip, completely worn out and wasted, against a fresh well rested young Jazz team at home. And then this one. The Jazz players should all forfeit there game checks for both of those losses!

Al subbed in at the 5 minute mark. He is easily our best offensive closer. I honestly don't know what you people expect. Defense is great and all, but your best player always needs to be in during the last final minutes, unless there is another player that has stepped up to the plate. Hayward damn-near pulled it off. And I'm happy for him, because this will definitely be a learning experience for him, and I know he won't forget this game anytime soon.

So basically your tarded you talk all fu#‰d up but don't worry we got al he'll make it all better. If he played any defense at all it wouldn't be a close game same goes for Paul milsap they both suck

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

I was actually encouraged with the loss. The young guys proved to me that they are better than our vets. I've know this for a while but last night's game it was so obvious that even Corbin couldn't deny it. Oh yea!!!! Never mind. The most upsetting part was the 3rd quarter when Ty did nothing to stop the Celtic run.

The other obvious difference is that the Jazz have no perimeter player like Pierce. Hayward was awesome last night but he still struggles creating his own shot. Most of his points where within the offense but when he has to create his own shot he struggles. In the beginning of the fourth quarter when the young guys took the lead I smiled and thought this is the future of the Jazz. I was excited until the vets came back in and the Jazz lost the lead. Overall I loved the effort of the second unit. Carroll worked his butt off even though Pierce made the big shots down the stretch he had to earn most of them.

You just explained why we don't need Al in at the end of games.

I was actually encouraged with the loss. The young guys proved to me that they are better than our vets. I've know this for a while but last night's game it was so obvious that even Corbin couldn't deny it. Oh yea!!!! Never mind. The most upsetting part was the 3rd quarter when Ty did nothing to stop the Celtic run.

The other obvious difference is that the Jazz have no perimeter player like Pierce. Hayward was awesome last night but he still struggles creating his own shot. Most of his points where within the offense but when he has to create his own shot he struggles. In the beginning of the fourth quarter when the young guys took the lead I smiled and thought this is the future of the Jazz. I was excited until the vets came back in and the Jazz lost the lead. Overall I loved the effort of the second unit. Carroll worked his butt off even though Pierce made the big shots down the stretch he had to earn most of them.

You are right, the Jazz have no one quite like Pierce but Hayward is not too far off. But there is a big difference in how the teams set things up. Did you notice how Pierce really had a lot of room to operate? Even if he got a screen, the screener moved away and it was basically one on one. Hayward on the other hand had a mob to deal with. If he got a screen and drove the lane, there were about 16 guys there to greet him. So how you strategize and play team ball helps a lot. Spread them out when you want one guy to go one on one. Coaching and strategy matter.

Our real go to guy has been BA. But note how often good teams defensive teams take that away and the Jazz cannot make them pay for that. Again, coaching and strategy matter.

I was actually encouraged with the loss. The young guys proved to me that they are better than our vets. I've know this for a while but last night's game it was so obvious that even Corbin couldn't deny it. Oh yea!!!! .

Agreed, it was exciting watching the young ones do so well. I wonder if the Jazz have yet to figure out that washed up PGs don't really cut it in this league.