What's new

It's Time to hit the Panic button.

David Stern

It's completely fair to say that this is a long season in which there will be stretches where we will struggle. But, this current stretch is completely disheartening. At least in the early part of the season we could come back and win, but we all knew that wouldn't last forever. Feel free to add to this list:

-The players seem to be tuning out Coach Sloan, and he seems to have lost his fire. It's been time for him to go now for a few years. I love his offense, but the guy just isn't a Championship coach. He's a very good coach, but we're not going anywhere with him. Does anybody know if he's signed an extension yet for next season?

-Very inconsistent players. I mean, even Deron Williams isn't consistent. There isn't one player on our team that you can say looks interested on every given night. That always used to be a combination of Millsap/Harpring in the past, but Sap seems to have lost some of his fire.

-We can't get off to a good start in ANY game. At all. I mean, have we won a first half this season? It leads to exciting comebacks sometimes, but 5 straight road losses in which your team isn't even competitive is unacceptable.

-Dead weight on the roster. I'm giving Big Al and Millsap a pass on this one, since they are our 2nd/3rd best options that are still trying to find their place on our new team. How many centers in the NBA can average 17/8/2? Anyways, we have approx. 28 Million in absolute dead salary this year in Okur/AK. Two horrible contracts, that the FO has had an opportunity to not sign (see: Okur extension) or dump (see: AK). I singlehandedly blame the AK contract for Matthews not being here.

Either way, this feels just like BYU football did earlier this year to me at the beginning of the season. Something isn't right, and something needs to be changed immediately. Luckily, BYU changed it up and got better. We all know that isn't the Jazz way to do things. We're all about to see what Greg Miller's ownership style is going to be.

Listening to the Phil Johnson interview on the radio today, he didn't seem concerned at all. It was very "business as usual" and "we're a new team so we need to learn how to play together" type stuff. Very laid back, very unconcerned. It was shocking. And Raja Bell didn;t even come up. In fact, no one player was singled out at all. So either he is just pumping BS on the radio or he is in LALA land.

Our 2 and 3 position is just devastating

Playing a 4 at center and a backup short PF at starting forward are not great ideas either. No giving a washed up SG more minutes than any of the other wings cuz he used to be kinda decent ain't so smart. But one great thing is that we do not succumb to the temptation to play our 7 footers against the other teams 7 footers. Nope, can't reward jackpottin'.

...looks like the 2 year 2 million per year we're giving Raja Bell is the biggest waste of 4 millions dollars in NBA history!

Jazz are on a collision course. Deron has quit on coach. Team says coach can stay as long as he'd like. Coach says he'll stay until he is asked to leave. Team won't trade away star. Something has to give.

The lock-out can't come quick enough for Greg.

This has gone from ugly to downright disastrous. Something significant has got to change and quick. I expect a win tomorrow, if they can't win at home ( and I know who we are playing), this could be the beginning of the end of the DWill era. Over the next 6 games we have some very winnable games, if we don't pull out at least 3 wins in the next six games, this season is completely shot and we will be lucky to make the playoffs, and I'm not kidding.

This has gone from ugly to downright disastrous. Something significant has got to change and quick. I expect a win tomorrow, if they can't win at home ( and I know who we are playing), this could be the beginning of the end of the DWill era. Over the next 6 games we have some very winnable games, if we don't pull out at least 3 wins in the next six games, this season is completely shot and we will be lucky to make the playoffs, and I'm not kidding.

You kidding bro?

"Just got back from the Lakers-Jazz game. I might have to shower to get Utah's stink off me. They are a bad body language quagmire."

All I want is a coach that gives a **** and tries to change or adapt the game plan. And Sloan isn't winning a ring before Deron, this team or not.

This team never had a chance to compete with the big boys anyways. It's not time to panic unless you are concerned about getting a favorable matchup
in the 1st round to pad the Miller's pockets.....only to get blown out when we face the Spurs or Lakers in round 2.