What's new

Jabari Parker

You need offense too, and Jabari is 10x better offensively than Boozer, Al, or Kanter.

Get the **** out of here. I know this is partly hyperbole, but I'm old enough to remember Boozer and this is some bull ****. I'm also capable enough to compare what the numbers say about the two players.

Boozer's two best years in SLC, he put up 21-10-3 on 55% from the field. Did it all in less than 35 minutes a game and was selected by coaches to play in the ASG both years. His ORtg was 114 and 112 those two seasons and his DRtg was 104 and 103. His winshares were 9.9 and 10.2. His box plus/minus was 4.6 the first season and 3.2 the second. Both years, he had more than 1.0 defensive box plus/minus, as well. Turns out Boozer did play a bit of defense, too. His Value Over Replacement Player the year we went to conference finals was 4.3. You know how many players had higher VORP last season? 15. Steph ****ing Curry was at 4.4 last year. Boozer was all-NBA third team in 2008, as well. Manu, McGrady, Yao Ming and Paul Pierce were on the 3rd team with him.

Now, let's look at Jabari. His best season offensively and overall was 16/17. He put up 20 points per game. He shot 49% from the field but unlike Boozer he took 4 threes a game so that's a quite good shooting percentage for this day and age. His Ortg and Drtg were both 110. His winshare total was 4 and his box plus/minus was a paltry 0.2. Hey, at least he wasn't in the red. And ignoring his pathetic defence(remember, he played the same position as Boozer so you can't use the excuse that DBPM skews towards big men), even his OBPM was only 1.5. His VORP was 1.0. I mean, Ekpe was at 1.6 last year.

You can say a lot of negative things about Boozer, but that he was 1/10th of the offensive player Jabari is....that's just stupid.

In a matter of weeks, Jabari flames out with his second team. Next, dumbasses log on to jazzfanz to say how badly we need him.

Get the **** out of here. I know this is partly hyperbole, but I'm old enough to remember Boozer and this is some bull ****. I'm also capable enough to compare what the numbers say about the two players.

Boozer's two best years in SLC, he put up 21-10-3 on 55% from the field. Did it all in less than 35 minutes a game and was selected by coaches to play in the ASG both years. His ORtg was 114 and 112 those two seasons and his DRtg was 104 and 103. His winshares were 9.9 and 10.2. His box plus/minus was 4.6 the first season and 3.2 the second. Both years, he had more than 1.0 defensive box plus/minus, as well. Turns out Boozer did play a bit of defense, too. His Value Over Replacement Player the year we went to conference finals was 4.3. You know how many players had higher VORP last season? 15. Steph ****ing Curry was at 4.4 last year. Boozer was all-NBA third team in 2008, as well. Manu, McGrady, Yao Ming and Paul Pierce were on the 3rd team with him.

Now, let's look at Jabari. His best season offensively and overall was 16/17. He put up 20 points per game. He shot 49% from the field but unlike Boozer he took 4 threes a game so that's a quite good shooting percentage for this day and age. His Ortg and Drtg were both 110. His winshare total was 4 and his box plus/minus was a paltry 0.2. Hey, at least he wasn't in the red. And ignoring his pathetic defence(remember, he played the same position as Boozer so you can't use the excuse that DBPM skews towards big men), even his OBPM was only 1.5. His VORP was 1.0. I mean, Ekpe was at 1.6 last year.

You can say a lot of negative things about Boozer, but that he was 1/10th of the offensive player Jabari is....that's just stupid.
This was initially tldr but I read it and I totally agree. Parker can score, but Boozer was a lot better of a player on the offensive end.

Sent from my SM-G965U using JazzFanz mobile app

Down to try for the right price (basically just expirings, or better yet, using it as a way to dump Dante).

again, what's the risk? it surely didn't hurt the Nets to give Jahlil a try, why shouldn't we? worst case scenario Thabo and Niang get less playing time, who cares?
What’s your real-world experience when it comes to calculating the risk of cutting a player in order to add an expensive and distressed asset like Parker? ...

None?

Ok

What’s your real-world experience when it comes to calculating the risk of cutting a player in order to add an expensive and distressed asset like Parker? ...

None?

Ok
what's the real-world experience when it comes to cutting players like Thabo, Niang, Neto, Allen, Udoh and Bradley in order to make room to sign players that can actually play more than 10 minutes of quality basketball in a NBA game?

None

Not necessarily saying Parker is the guy. but cutting some players from this current Jazz roster takes way less effort than any of you jazzfanz might've imagined. In fact I'd take Jerebko over any of those players mentioned above, but well...

what's the real-world experience when it comes to cutting players like Thabo, Niang, Neto, Allen, Udoh and Bradley in order to make room to sign players that can actually play more than 10 minutes of quality basketball in a NBA game?

None

Not necessarily saying Parker is the guy. but cutting some players from this current Jazz roster takes way less effort than any of you jazzfanz might've imagined. In fact I'd take Jerebko over any of those players mentioned above, but well...
Were you (a) flexing as you typed this, or (b) flexing-while-looking-in-the-mirror as you typed this?

Since I'm still worked up about the sheer audacity of Boozer-Parker comparisons, I will leave this here.

35-14-5 on 23 shots, in a playoff game 7 played on enemy territory. Against two future Hall-of-Famers in their prime. 12 All-NBA appearances combined.

It seems stupid to say that I'd take this Boozer over Parker any day, so I will just say I would take current 37-year old Boozer over Parker.

Since I'm still worked up about the sheer audacity of Boozer-Parker comparisons, I will leave this here.

35-14-5 on 23 shots, in a playoff game 7 played on enemy territory. Against two future Hall-of-Famers in their prime. 12 All-NBA appearances combined.

It seems stupid to say that I'd take this Boozer over Parker any day, so I will just say I would take current 37-year old Boozer over Parker.

Not even worth responding to. A borderline all star vs someone who will be playing in China soon.

The difference is that we have Rudy Gobert Gobert to offset Jabari's bad defense. Rudy just so happens to be the longest player ever and defensive player of the year. It can work.
I'll just address this idea directly - putting more pressure on Rudy to play help D just gives the referees more chances to call fouls on him. It also only works if the opposition don't have a good outside shooting centre.

But it doesn't matter, because it is possible to target a weaker defender in spite of having a great help defender. Opponents targeting Jerebko is why he is no longer with us - he tried, but didn't have the ability. Niang came in for the same treatment this season, so he now gets DNPs. Having one player out of sync is enough to ruin the scheme - Exum losing his head on D and freelancing was why he started collecting DNPs. If trying and failing at D isn't acceptable, will Quin accept not trying? If he does make an exception, how will this impact team culture?

We've also seen this from the other side. Remember the OKC series, where we isolated Melo at every opportunity and scored on him at will? And when he ended up with the Rockets, there was a rare 100% consensus on this board that he would bring the same issue, even though they also have a good defensive C in Capela. And now the Rockets have realised that too, and since sending him home have started winning again.

Still the most fun jazz team I've watched. That D-Will/Boozer/Okur offense was a thing of beauty. I love how much $hit those late 2000's teams get on these boards though... that team would've laid waste to the current jazz team. Boozer/Okur would've been a match-up nightmare for Gobert.

That team to this day was the biggest should've could've would've... Had Fisher stayed and not gone to LA, I really think that the Jazz would've won it all in '08 or '10. He was one of the better defenders on D-Will and caused him the most issues.

again, what's the risk? it surely didn't hurt the Nets to give Jahlil a try, why shouldn't we? worst case scenario Thabo and Niang get less playing time, who cares?

You mean other than the fact that he makes 20M and we’d have to give up a solid player(s) and maybe additional assets to get him?

As a Bucks fan whose secondary team is the Jazz...please stay far, far away from Jabari. There are too many red flags to count and I'm not even sure upside exists at this point. I don't think he knows or cares what winning basketball looks like.