What's new

Jabari Parker

I apologize in advance if this has been discussed elsewhere, but I couldn't find it.
Is he a realistic option?
What do you guys think it would take to get him?
Out of all the players I think would fit next to Gobert, he is the one I keep coming back too. Personally I would like to see what Exum/Hood/Favors do this season before we make a drastic change. But if we did decide it best what would you guys think of piling up assets for Parker.

Sent from my SM-G900V using JazzFanz mobile app

In my mind he did consider BYU so playing in Utah may intresting him. He is LDS, so the quirks wont seem as wierd. If his knees are ok I would at least kick the tires on a potential deal. Assuming he isn't a upcoming FA. (Don't know on that have too look it up)

He's a restricted free agent next year. I have no idea what Milwaukee's plans are but I'd assume keeping their second leading scorer is among them.

I presented this idea in a seperate thread but didn't receive a response. Depending on availability + cost, Parker would be a great target. He should fit alongside Gobert & is young enough to be a part of our long-term future.

Also, his ties with the state could play a factor in our ability to retain him. Though, with his upcoming RFA + injury history, I would be somewhat cautious as far as trading for him.

I have no idea what direction MIL intends to take or how Parker fits with those plans, but a deal centered around Hood would be very intriguing. When the time comes, I'd much prefer to pay Parker than Hood. Parker would theoretically shore up the PF position, while Mitchell appears capable of eventually taking over at SG.

Parker also has a higher floor than Hood IMO & we need as many potential future impact players as possible moving forward. Hope this something we at least explore.

the scary thing in his RFA would be what it says for his knee if MKE let him go... If I had some trust in his knee I'd max him probably, but this is easy to say when my job and my money are not on the line with a player with 2 ACL reconstructions on the same knee.

Just got to convince Milwaukee to make him a UFA then convince Parker the only reason he is getting knee injuries is because he is away from the Mormon Motherland.

Fwiw, Jabari's agent is Mark Bartlestein.

That's great... we know that if Jabari wanted to come here his agent will blatantly lie, swindle, and manipulate people, and do everything he can to get him here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's great... we know that if Jabari wanted to come here his agent will blatantly lie, swindle, and manipulate people, and do everything he can to get him here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
For real. Here have Jabari. I feel bad about the spinning I had to do for Gordon. I could live with that

What little I know of the Silent Cipher I am inclined to believe Bartlestein convinced him to go to Boston to set the stage for several other Bartlestein clients this offseason.

It doesn't take much imagination to envision Bartlestein looked ahead and saw Milwaukees crappy cap situation and his clients injury history and knowing he was a FA next summer and the jazz would soon be left empty handed....

What little I know of the Silent Cipher I am inclined to believe Bartlestein convinced him to go to Boston to set the stage for several other Bartlestein clients this offseason.

It doesn't take much imagination to envision Bartlestein looked ahead and saw Milwaukees crappy cap situation and his clients injury history and knowing he was a FA next summer and the jazz would soon be left empty handed....

An agents job is to do what his client wants. The hate for Bartlestein is ridiculous. He serves his clients.

If Jabari Parker tell him he wants nothing more than to go to Utah, he would probably work to make that happen.

An agents job is to do what his client wants. The hate for Bartlestein is ridiculous. He serves his clients.

If Jabari Parker tell him he wants nothing more than to go to Utah, he would probably work to make that happen.
I actually haven't seen a lot of hate for Bartlestein. People don't like agents, and I think most people understand that Bartlestein is an agent.

Explaining my post, I'm not sure with how 1280 grilled him and Hayward that he'll be especially keen on directing clients our way.

If Utah wants Jabari they would have to trade for him. The Bucks are going to match in free agency. If they wanted him now would be the best time to get him but the price will be pretty steep. I am not sure the Jazz have the assets to get him.

I also dont know if I want this Mormon kid on the Jazz. Imagine all the Jimmer type hype around here that Jabari would get. Also he chose not to come to Utah for college I am not sure why that would change now that he is a pro. I am sure Utah is higher on his list than a lot of places but I doubt it is on the top.

He went to one of the most decorated and premier basketball schools in the world, must mean he hates Utah.

If we dont get Parker we got to wait another 4 years for the next Mormon hope to hit FA, Frank Jackson.