What's new

Jackpotting Around Podcast: Episode 12 - Decoding Danny And If We Did It… Here’s How It Happened

Also, the idea of a rich man's THT who is 6'8 and doesnt have the negative shot selection is incredibly enticing.

I just listened to this episode and I don't understand why Art was such a fan of a magic trade if we were to move Lauri. They are last of the group that you guys mentioned with the magic having such a young core.

I just listened to this episode and I don't understand why Art was such a fan of a magic trade if we were to move Lauri. They are last of the group that you guys mentioned with the magic having such a young core.
The Magic deal was worse than the Kings deal without Keegan in it to you?

Also, the idea of a rich man's THT who is 6'8 and doesnt have the negative shot selection is incredibly enticing.
Yeah, I didn't understand that reasoning but it also doesn't really apply since Giddey doesn't play like THT. Whoever came up with that comparison just missed badly.

Yeah, I didn't understand that reasoning but it also doesn't really apply since Giddey doesn't play like THT. Whoever came up with that comparison just missed badly.
Their statistical profiles are similar. Giddy is smarter more under control… THT is a better defender. If players are ineffective or less effective than their pedigree I don’t care too much how they get to the same place. They end up in the same place.

I’m 27 and never watched Seinfeld. That’s an old person’s show.

Shut up Gen Z
Look if we wait 5 minutes Gen Z gonna discover how great Seinfeld was and be like “damn Jerry was standing on rizzness and Elaine ATE back in the day”. The young people love recycling all things 90s.

1714407628072.gif

The Magic deal was worse than the Kings deal without Keegan in it to you?
I think so. The duo of Paulo and Franz at 21 and 22yrs old is going to keep the magic really good for a long time. Add Lauri to the mix and I think they are an elite team for the next 5+ years at least. With the kings adding Lauri may take them near the top of the west over the next few years but if you can get picks and swaps from 2026-31 then I like that team starting to age out after a few years. Personally I'm not a fan of either deal though compared to what the rockets and nets may bring to the table. I could also see the thunder stepping up big just to block Lauri from the rockets.

I remember the day of 9/11 (which makes me a millennial) and I also know that Seinfeld is an old person show. @Handlogten's Heros is an old fraud.
Let me educate you sir. I am not an old fraud... because I do not pretend to be young. To be a fraud you have to pretend to be something you are not. In fact I might be the oldest *** 41 yo you've ever met. I am simply stating the fact that I am not pretending to be young and my classification as a Millennial is in fact correct. When I say Seinfeld is a millennial show that is up for debate but what I was trying to do with this reference was point to the fact that the reference I was making might not be relevant to @Elizah Huge as he is a Gen Z and there is a generation gap there. I was not running from the fact that Seinfeld may be a dated reference, in fact I pointed it out. If Seinfeld is for the olds... well then I guess Millennials are the olds now. If that offends the younger millennials then I am sorry.

I may be old but I am not a fraud.

If he's 27 he's an old Gen Z. I would probably consider EH to have more millennial energy than HH. HH is clearly Gen X energy.
For good or bad I am millennial... but I won't argue that I have more in common with Gen X. I am a John Collins tweener when it comes to where I fit on the spectrum. I was more offended you think I'm trying to be younger than I am... Thats not what I was trying to do at all.