What's new

Jackpotting Around Podcast - Episode 5: Trade Deadline Review

Elizah Huge

Respect All, Fear None
Contributor
2024 Award Winner
Episode 5 is live! @Handlogten's Heros and I talk about the two trades made before the trade deadline. We also talk about what the plan is going forward and if we will be conveying the pick to OKC or not. Plus much more! Thank you all for the continued support as always. Any and all feedback is always welcome.

Spotify link:

View: https://open.spotify.com/episode/3lwJS5D9SXHr2DXHnxTZOl?si=WLVQyTvTTw6-h6rNIC54_g&context=spotify%3Ashow%3A396rFuNQJ3A8Sluy7djte2

Apple Podcasts link:

View: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/jackpotting-around-a-utah-jazz-podcast/id1728148741?i=1000644897076

Of y’all would be so kind as to follow the shows on Apple Podcasts and/or Spotify if you use those apps. If we can bump our download numbers a smidge we can cover our hosting costs.

This is the first episode I was able to catch, actually extremely disappointed in both @Elizah Huge and @Handlogten's Heros . Especially after that, "we tell you what you need to hear" opening. I was hoping these two would roast each other like a forum debate where the other side is just a profile pic. Instead it's two people talking to each other with nuance that can only be had in a real conversation? My disappointment is immeasurable and my day is ruined.

5 stars.

This is the first episode I was able to catch, actually extremely disappointed in both @Elizah Huge and @Handlogten's Heros . Especially after that, "we tell you what you need to hear" opening. I was hoping these two would roast each other like a forum debate where the other side is just a profile pic. Instead it's two people talking to each other with nuance that can only be had in a real conversation? My disappointment is immeasurable and my day is ruined.

5 stars.
This made me laugh. Thank you for listening!

5 stars.
You zigged… I was starting to get furious lol. You got me.

So Key had the best smell, huh? No surprise, he’s still in diapers. Good stuff again in your Episode 5. You seemed to agree on lot of stuff but not on the Simone trade. For me, I would’ve kept Simone for now although I don’t hate the trade. As for the rest of the season, I sure hope we can keep our first-round pick this year. We still have a chance to do it (29 games left). This year’s draft is viewed as weak, but there will certainly be some good prospects there. Another thing is that if we add draft prospects to our group of young players this year rather than later, it gives us a better chance that at least one of them develops into a contender-level player while Lauri is still with us (assuming he stays for many years). Hope Hardy gives Keyonte, Hendricks, and Sensabaugh big minutes.

I finally got to listen beginning with this episode. Really enjoyable, interesting and well presented. I have just one remark: in this episode you guys sounded quite different, Art was very clear and Chad sounded like "from another room". It's probably a difference in mics quality? Not a big deal but ideally you should sound like you sit next to each other.

Just finished listening to this episode. Great job, feels like every episode keeps getting better quality.
Thank you. The feedback has been helpful both ways (criticism and support). I think we will have some pretty good stuff coming and its becoming a little more natural for both of us.

I was also happy I nailed my first "Is this something?" and that JZ literally said the "early seconds are the new late firsts" in his presser. I have a big 2 part "is this something?" that I'm pretty excited about. @Elizah Huge is lining up some guests and crushing the production stuff.

Just finished listening to this episode. Great job, feels like every episode keeps getting better quality.
Thank you so much that means a lot. That’s the goal. We’re starting to get more comfortable and thinking less about what we’re trying to say and just saying it. The next episode is going to be our best yet.