What's new

Jackpotting Around Podcast: Episode 9 - What Is The Path Forward From Here?

Elizah Huge

Respect All, Fear None
Contributor
2024 Award Winner
What’s up everyone! @Handlogten's Heros and I are back for another podcast episode. This was our longest episode yet and we discuss what the path going forward for the Jazz could be and every possibility that goes along with that. As always, any and all feedback is greatly appreciated! Links to listen to this podcast episode are below:

Spotify:

View: https://open.spotify.com/episode/5VvEXWerR56oXbIJzTWJZN?si=643qh7enRDStkhDgXz7GGg

Apple Podcasts:

View: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/jackpotting-around-a-utah-jazz-podcast/id1728148741?i=1000649824063

Very solid points, If the.Jazz trade for a superstar, the talent level is so high that a fantastic trade will only make the Jazz an average team. We have to find a way to select a lot players that all hit and are above average. We have volume of pick advantages over practically all other teams then keep using it as an unique advantage. If that involves trades to consolidate to get quality or creative maneuvering with years down the line then do it.

Last edited:
I'll download a transcript, is that possible?

I haven’t had a chance to listen yet but I’m starting to think we need to trad Lauri this offseason, and that could go a long way to rebuilding this team. Was this in any of the discussion?

I haven’t had a chance to listen yet but I’m starting to think we need to trad Lauri this offseason, and that could go a long way to rebuilding this team. Was this in any of the discussion?
It is. I think you will simultaneously love and hate this episode.

And I don't think the door is completely closed on trading Lauri... but as outlined on the pod I want A LOT. And I don't necessarily want volume cuz we have volume. I will want HIGH quality pieces.

IMO if a Lauri trade happens its because the right team lands #1 or #2 in the draft and that is the first building block for the trade. I also think we'd likely rather add an all star through trade but all paths are open right now and I don't think that is an accident.

Part of Lauri's problems this season stem from abuse by Hardy. His first injury setback occurred when Hardy got pissed at the starters and left them all in way too long in a blowout loss and then followed it up with some tough practices. Setback No. 2 occurred when he bumped knees, was clearly gimpy and Hardy rode him hard the rest of the game. For a smart guy, Hardy sure does some dumb things.

Part of Lauri's problems this season stem from abuse by Hardy. His first injury setback occurred when Hardy got pissed at the starters and left them all in way too long in a blowout loss and then followed it up with some tough practices. Setback No. 2 occurred when he bumped knees, was clearly gimpy and Hardy rode him hard the rest of the game. For a smart guy, Hardy sure does some dumb things.
On #2 Lauri asked to finish the game. So not on Hardy.

And I don't necessarily want volume cuz we have volume. I will want HIGH quality pieces.

This.
5 firsts and giddey doesn't interest me much. Great value but the wrong value. We good on draft picks.

You want to give us Chet and 2 firsts? Now I'm more interested.

Sent from my CPH2451 using Tapatalk

Damn. If sexton only knew that all he had to do was ask to play more. Hopefully he figures out that the inmates can run the asylum if they just tell the warden that they are in charge.

This.
5 firsts and giddey doesn't interest me much. Great value but the wrong value. We good on draft picks.

You want to give us Chet and 2 firsts? Now I'm more interested.

They wouldn’t even trade us Chet for him straight across let alone adding two firsts. I would be intrigued by a top-5 pick this year as the main piece of a deal though.

Sometimes coaches need to protect players from themselves. If the trainers said ÖK let him finish"then I'm cool with that. I don't know if Hardy consulted with them. It was clear in watching that Lauri was gimpy after bumping knees. I don't know if pulling him and immediately icing the sore spot would have resulted in less downtime for Lauri.

Sometimes coaches need to protect players from themselves. If the trainers said ÖK let him finish"then I'm cool with that. I don't know if Hardy consulted with them. It was clear in watching that Lauri was gimpy after bumping knees. I don't know if pulling him and immediately icing the sore spot would have resulted in less downtime for Lauri.
I mean we know what this is at this point we are maintaining contusions.

Thunder wouldn't even trade us Williams for Lauri straight up honestly. They would do Cason Wallace and picks though