James Harden
Cole Aldrich
Lazar Hayward
Daequan Cook

Thunder receive:
Kevin Martin
Jeremy Lamb
Future draft considerations

I like the trade for OKC. Harden was bluffing demanding max when he is not max player. So they traded him, avoided drama and got J.Lamb who may end up better then Harden plus K.Mart is great scorer as well. Great, great job by OKC's FO.

Man, Kevin Martin's expiring a huge factor here. I wonder if we could've pieced together a similar trade for Harden.

Jefferson, Burks, GS pick for Harden and filler?

Also, Harden was offered 4 years 55 million from OKC. He rejected the offer.

What an asshat. Enjoy Houston Mediocrity.

PKM: Harden will have career highs in every stat, methinks. Except for shooting percentages, probably.

Also, Harden was offered 4 years 55 million from OKC. He rejected the offer.

What an asshat. Enjoy Houston Mediocrity.

PKM: Harden will have career highs in every stat, methinks. Except for shooting percentages, probably.

I agree with very line .. including the asshat..

Daryl Morey did exactly what he wanted to do. He gathered a lot of assets and was able to acquire someone who at least has the potential to be a star. And the Rockets didn't even have to suffer through this season with all of those rookies.

Daryl Morey did exactly what he wanted to do. He gathered a lot of assets and was able to acquire someone who at least has the potential to be a star. And the Rockets didn't even have to suffer through this season with all of those rookies.

OK so help me out here. The Rockets give up 2 players and get 4 back that all have contracts for this season. Doesn't that put the Rockets at 20 guerented contracts going into this year? Who are they going to cut. I was thinking when they made a trade they would want to give more away than they got back.

I'm surprised they gave up Aldrich in the deal. Overall a good trade for OKC since Martin can slide into Harden's role pretty well. They did the opposite of adressing their big man issues though. Howard and Gasol are going to work Ibaka and Perkins, if he can stay healthy.

So Harden really gave up staying on one of the best 3 teams in the NBA(at least for the next couple of years) to get a 60m/4y deal as opposed to a 55M/4y deal. Seems crazy to me. I guess that extra 5 million was worth giving up a chance at a title.

So Harden really gave up staying on one of the best 3 teams in the NBA(at least for the next couple of years) to get a 60m/4y deal as opposed to a 55M/4y deal. Seems crazy to me. I guess that extra 5 million was worth giving up a chance at a title.

He could get a fifth year with Houston, but it still seems crazy to me why he turned down OKC's last offer.

I might be wrong but maybe him not willing to take less has something to do with how much he would make on his contract after this upcoming one. Maybe if he only takes the 55 mil, maybe that means his next contract couldnt be as much as it would if he would have got the 60. I think it has to do with your raise can only be so much. So it could mean more than 5 mil to him. And 5 mil is still a lot of money. Id take the money too.

Anyways, im not sure. I could have just made that up, but I thought I have heard something about that before.

I might be wrong but maybe him not willing to take less has something to do with how much he would make on his contract after this upcoming one. Maybe if he only takes the 55 mil, maybe that means his next contract couldnt be as much as it would if he would have got the 60. I think it has to do with your raise can only be so much. So it could mean more than 5 mil to him. And 5 mil is still a lot of money. Id take the money too.

Anyways, im not sure. I could have just made that up, but I thought I have heard something about that before.

I think you're wrong on this one. The max contract you can get essentially depends on years of service and what figure the salary cap is set at. Annual raises as laid out by the CBA only apply from year to year within the same contract. I read that Harden really wanted to get a 5-year deal which was absolutely impossible for OKC to offer under the CBA. That could be part of why he turned down OKC's final offer.