What's new

Game Thread Jan 07, 2023 06:00PM MT: Jazz at Bulls

Added to Calendar: 01-07-23

No i don't. But i'm realistic about our real level. And i'm same you, i follow only games on week-end and just look at box score when i'm in office. I have no fun tanking but i do think this is where we are. Too many weakness in this team
This game was absolutely winnable if the coach makes normal, logical basketball decisions. The Bulls have a lot of guys who suck too. They're not tanking for some reason.

We are so close to being firmly in the tank. There are 5 teams below us in the standings that want to win games and I might even throw the thunder in there as well. If we just play this right we could be sitting in the bottom 7 by the end of the month.
IF?

To me it looks like that already.

Only thing to complain is the utilization of future dudes already on the bench, to tank you know. For successful tank it is always important to develop the crew who is already in that tank.

Otherwise there are no point. To tank.

We are so close to being firmly in the tank. There are 5 teams below us in the standings that want to win games and I might even throw the thunder in there as well. If we just play this right we could be sitting in the bottom 7 by the end of the month.
So how do we "play this right"?

More Rudy Gay? More Conley with his double digit minus on/off stats?

This game was absolutely winnable if the coach makes normal, logical basketball decisions. The Bulls have a lot of guys who suck too. They're not tanking for some reason.
The bulls have no incentive to tank. They owe their draft pick to the magic top 4 protected.

Kessler just gets less and less minutes each game lately.
13 minutes tonight. 2-3 from the field and 7 rebounds. He did have 5 fouls. Let him foul out though. What would be so bad if that happened.

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app

Drop big coverage against a team with the second best mid range shooter in the league and one of the best above the break three point shooters in the league who is red hot at the moment. Kessler minutes mirrored Drummonds.

Similar thing with Lauri, he come out for a quick rest with 2:45 left to play in the third quarter then was back on the court to start the fourth when he normally would rest for an extra couple of minutes. He made up for missing the additional rest by.subbing him out with around 7 minutes left to play, nothing wrong with that. The mistake Hardy made was putting KO back into the game and then finishing with him.

Do you guys pay any attention to the game.

I can't watch the game so I'm watching the box score. Someone keeps saying vando suck blah blah blah. The box score says Beasley, Conley and kO suck. Not vando. For those watching the game is Vanda sucking on defense?

Tremendous Upside REALLY hates vando so you have to kind of ignore any of his posts about vando. Most of his other posts are quite good though. Its like vando ****ed his mom or something.

Conley was -26 in the box score.
He was on the court when Hardy sat Lauri and the Bulls gained a 10-point lead. That's when the Bulls got the momentum and their 3s started to go down as a result. I would keep Lauri and Conley together as much as possible as our offense has been most efficient when they are on the court at the same time. Obviously Mike can't play as many minutes, but why keep him playing when Lauri is sitting.

Clarkson does not need to be dribbling for 20 seconds per possession.

He seemed to intentionally avoid passing to Lauri in the 4th.
Seemed to really be looking to get his.
Trying to get paid i guess.

Seems like hardy has kind of lost the team a bit.

Drop big coverage against a team with the second best mid range shooter in the league and one of the best above the break three point shooters in the league who is red hot at the moment. Kessler minutes mirrored Drummonds.

Similar thing with Lauri, he come out for a quick rest with 2:45 left to play in the third quarter then was back on the court to start the fourth when he normally would rest for an extra couple of minutes. He made up for missing the additional rest by.subbing him out with around 7 minutes left to play, nothing wrong with that. The mistake Hardy made was putting KO back into the game and then finishing with him.

Are you kidding me bro??? LOL

It was a critical point in the game and Lauri's 25 years old. He doesn't need to be "resting" at that point. It was a blatant tanking move. Hardy knew what would most likely happen - our offense would dry up and the Bulls would go on a run. And that's how it went.

What are our 1st rounders looking like in next draft a late 1st and couple mid lottery 1st’s I think we need to package those up and get near top of the draft

Lauri took one shot the entire 4th quarter until 1:30 left when he got his second attempt.

THAT CAN’T ****ING HAPPEN.
Well he sat on the bench for more than half of it. This **** it by design right now. Stealth tanking.

Doesn't have to be those guys that we trade, I'm talking more about guys like JC, Beasley and maybe even Vanderbilt.

So we keep watching KO play 30 minutes? No thanks.

If we win with the young guys then great. If we lose with the young guys then great.
The plan from day 1 should have been to play the young guys and win or lose with them.

Last edited:
He was on the court when Hardy sat Lauri and the Bulls gained a 10-point lead. That's when the Bulls got the momentum and their 3s started to go down as a result. I would keep Lauri and Conley together as much as possible as our offense has been most efficient when they are on the court at the same time. Obviously Mike can't play as many minutes, but why keep him playing when Lauri is sitting.
+1. Which make me say that Hardy go for tanking already. Plus the fact that he let Beasley way too long and put KO way too much too.

You want to watch 40 more games of miserable losing? Followed by drafting some dude who'll never be half as good as Lauri? Or even Sexton? And who'll take 3 to 4 years to develop, meaning more losing years?

Hey, have fun. At that point I'm out. And if people think Markkanen will sign a multiyear deal with a team that sabotaged his career best season and can offer only more losing in the future - when he's in his absolute prime - they're wrong.

Your scenario could end up not being the outcome.

Did you even watch the game though? Kessler didnt play in the 4th. Bulls scored 43 in the 4th. Our defense is attrocious. Defense is kesslers thing. Kessler had one of the best plus/minus on the team. The team played well when kessler played.
Its like you didn’t watch the game or something.